Introduce Mortars

chinook240
104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
We need mortars in this game! They were a major support element of small units in WW2 on all sides, we need them to counter the increasing number of camping snipers and to provide smoke on flags during assaults. Arty barrages are too difficult to coordinate and take forever to gain enough points. We need mortars at squad level!  Please bring back mortars al la BF1!

Comments

• MrCamp121
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    chinook240 wrote: »
    We need mortars in this game! They were a major support element of small units in WW2 on all sides, we need them to counter the increasing number of camping snipers and to provide smoke on flags during assaults. Arty barrages are too difficult to coordinate and take forever to gain enough points. We need mortars at squad level!  Please bring back mortars al la BF1!

Takes forever to get 17k squad points? Huh? Lol

Also...flares already counter the campers and then some. Dont think we need more indirect fire with V1, artillery spam either (those are annoying enough lol). But just my opinion
  • chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    MrCamp121 said:

Takes forever to get 17k squad points? Huh? Lol

Also...flares already counter the campers and then some. Dont think we need more indirect fire with V1, artillery spam either (those are annoying enough lol). But just my opinion
    Typically, arty barrages happen halfway thru a game and V1s at the end, so yes. Just want to get more historical accuracy of WW2 small unit tactics and improved gameplay.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry no mortars in WW2 lite
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sorry, the elite Snipers complained so much about it in previous games that Dice got rid of them for good.  Its OK to camp in an almost inaccessible area, but completely unfair when somebody drops a bomb on your campiing place......
  • MrCamp121
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, the elite Snipers complained so much about it in previous games that Dice got rid of them for good.  Its OK to camp in an almost inaccessible area, but completely unfair when somebody drops a bomb on your campiing place......

We have artillery for that
  • m1k3ol
    861 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    you usually can get 2 o 3 times per game for the arty (depends on team and length)

if it's getting a bit rough to get there, always check that the squad lead is marking objectives, and that your squad at least has a medic and support assisting others
  • Elephante33
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a small mortar with a low rate of fire would be enriching, especially for those cool new fortresses and trench works we get in the Pacific maps. let both sides have them, and watch the arty and counter arty happen, it can only make the battlefield more exciting honestly
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    MrCamp121 said:

We have artillery for that
    So you would waste an artillery strike on one guy?
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Squad mortar calling needs to be about 3 shells, accurate, high damage and low splash. Not sure on points level for call-in. Beside a camping sniper it would help with sniper tanks too.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They would have to reduce other explosives to do this, but I would be good with it.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a small mortar with a low rate of fire would be enriching, especially for those cool new fortresses and trench works we get in the Pacific maps. let both sides have them, and watch the arty and counter arty happen, it can only make the battlefield more exciting honestly

I’d really like you to explain how an indirect fire weapon adds excitement to anyone but the person firing. It can’t be countered easily. It’s cheap and you will end up with people doing it from BFVs already constricted out of bounds areas.

I cannot see how it would add to the game.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Go back to BF1.
  • chinook240

I’d really like you to explain how an indirect fire weapon adds excitement to anyone but the person firing. It can’t be countered easily. It’s cheap and you will end up with people doing it from BFVs already constricted out of bounds areas.

I cannot see how it would add to the game.
    As with other support weapons, PIAT, Fliegerfaust, the mortar would have limited ammo and so could not be fired continuously from OOB areas. It would improve squad tactics as it would require coordination to make maximum use of the mortar’s effect before resupplying.  The only objectors are those who currently camp.
  • sabootheshaman
    (Quote)
    As with other support weapons, PIAT, Fliegerfaust, the mortar would have limited ammo and so could not be fired continuously from OOB areas. It would improve squad tactics as it would require coordination to make maximum use of the mortar’s effect before resupplying.  The only objectors are those who currently camp.

None of those are really indirect fire weapons except maybe the piat in a limited way.

I definitely do not camp. Look at my stats if you want any proof of that. If you want to have a discussion I suggest you don’t stoop to name calling.
  • chinook240
    edited November 2019
    Camping is not name calling, sorry if you took it personally, it is a mode of gameplay used by many snipers and LMG players.  They would be targets for a mortar due to their static position and therefore against such a weapon. “Go back to BF1”- really?

I didn’t say PIAT and Fliegerfaust were indirect fire weapons, but examples of support weapons that need constant resupply.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A say 8000p mortar attack that drops 3-4 mortar round in a kind of small area would actually be kind of cool. 
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No pls , unless removing all marker on firing screen 
  • MrCamp121
    (Quote)
    So you would waste an artillery strike on one guy?

If theyre in a completely inaccessible area why are you wasting your time on them in the first place? If youre THAT worried, yes 17k pts is literally nothing
  • barnesalmighty2
    1615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm against anything that introduces more smoke into the game.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would not mind removing the V1's and artillery strikes and replacing them with mortars ...