Katana and Flame thrower health buffs?

ProAssassin2003
3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm OK with having these in the game but I'm not okay with health buffs when a player has these equipped. If they are Elites from Battlefield 1 then say that but don't secretly add health to them and think I wouldn't notice.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't noticed any hp buff, I die fast with them equipped and equally kill enemies just as fast as usual when they have them.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They don't get a higher max health, but I have noticed a health recharge that seems to automatically kick in when I get katana kills.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    They don't get a higher max health, but I have noticed a health recharge that seems to automatically kick in when I get katana kills.

There's also a max health boost that gets applied. I think a soldier swinging the katana can max out at 130 health.

Unneeded with how fast you can sprint slide around imo.
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it does feel like slight health increase with katana.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about adding them as faction exclusive gadgets? Maybe nerf them, make the katana need 2 hits, it's reasonable due to it's long range and make the flamethrower have only one "magazine"
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Godmodegta wrote: »
    it does feel like slight health increase with katana.

It has health regen on every kill
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There's also a max health boost that gets applied. I think a soldier swinging the katana can max out at 130 health.

It restores 30 health instantly with a follow-on slower regen on some kills (I assume there's a cooldown to this effect to prevent someone from chopping down an entire group of enemies shooting at him), but there's no evidence I can find that it grants a higher max health.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It restores 30 health instantly with a follow-on slower regen on some kills (I assume there's a cooldown to this effect to prevent someone from chopping down an entire group of enemies shooting at him), but there's no evidence I can find that it grants a higher max health.

Someone dug it up in th game files. I think westie had a video on it, but I definitely watched and read a couple different things that went overt it
  • jroggs

Someone dug it up in th game files. I think westie had a video on it, but I definitely watched and read a couple different things that went overt it

Westie's video says the same thing: kills restore 30 health instantly in addition to the regen, there's nothing about increasing your max. I think you or these other sources might have misinterpreted this.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah they're too weak.