TTK & "Spotting" changes

MisguidedWarrior
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Good day everyone

Let the dev's know what you think about the increasing TTK at longer distances and the red dot that appears on enemies that are close by.

I watched a YouTube video by JackFrags on the new update and I agree with his opinion. I feel most of the community does. Here is the link:

What do you think?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I`m positive about the changes, but I think I have to try it before jumping to any conslutions.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK changes are stupid on multiple levels and the reasons for that have been discussed at great lengths now.
    The auto spot, well I am not a fan, but something like it is needed. Not seeing people is a real issue in this game, and a change to that is welcome. However I'd rather have actual 3D spotting back, as it gives a personal benefit, a team benefit and requires player input.
    This change also does not affect the poor visibility at range, the poor map design, the extreme lighting in this game and the dozen angles you have to check before you can identify a target.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently the Red icons always appears at 8 meters right now. Am I missing something.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm hopeful about the TTK changes. It's definitely way too short currently, and on console with 30Hz servers and server issues, there's just constant one frame deaths. This will hopefully alleviate that, and bring a little more aiming skill rather than twitch shooting.

I do, however, think the auto spot is a little much the way it's shown in the video. The cone, or distance, or whatever seems to be way too big.
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm hopeful about the TTK changes. It's definitely way too short currently, and on console with 30Hz servers and server issues, there's just constant one frame deaths. This will hopefully alleviate that, and bring a little more aiming skill rather than twitch shooting.

I do, however, think the auto spot is a little much the way it's shown in the video. The cone, or distance, or whatever seems to be way too big. 
     Itwon't rix that . One frame deaths is a packet issue, not a TTK issue.
  • MisguidedWarrior
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play on PC and for me I have not had a problem with visibility or a TTK that is too fast in current game state. I will say though that it's a bit irritating when a assault player kills you quickly with an assault rifle from longer ranges, so I would suggest that they make the recoil patterns for automatic weapons larger.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14356 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    menaceuk said:

Itwon't rix that . One frame deaths is a packet issue, not a TTK issue.
    That explains why I get them all the time even when I have 20 ping and absolutely zero network icons popping up. Silly me.
This discussion has been closed.