Introduce Mortars

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see it as a Battlefield pick up.
  • MrCamp121
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I would not mind removing the V1's and artillery strikes and replacing them with mortars ...

Probably less annoying tbh. Even though i dont like any of it lol
  • ragnarok013
    3693 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I would like to see it as a Battlefield pick up.
    I'd like it as a support loadout item again since it was an excellent anti-sniper tool and it was nice to use in Rush.
  • Trokey66
    8950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I'd like it as a support loadout item again since it was an excellent anti-sniper tool and it was nice to use in Rush.

Never had a problem with Mortars myself (although the remote controlled BF4 Mortars were a bit much).
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 said:
    Sorry, the elite Snipers complained so much about it in previous games that Dice got rid of them for good.  Its OK to camp in an almost inaccessible area, but completely unfair when somebody drops a bomb on your campiing place......

We have artillery for that
    So you would waste an artillery strike on one guy?
    I was alone capping a flag and the enemy dropped the V1 rocket on me.  I felt privileged.
  • MrCamp121
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I was alone capping a flag and the enemy dropped the V1 rocket on me.  I felt privileged.

Lol seen ravic drop a V1 on a camping sniper on panzerstorm way out in the middle of nowhere
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mortars are the asbestos of Battlefield games.
  • CStarfish9
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need mortar.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stalinium9 wrote: »
    We need mortar.

Great argument. All your points make complete sense. I like the cut of your jib. Someone give this man a job at DICE.
  • Texator
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they replace the arty strike with mortars i say nice change.
    The arty strike requires the same skill it needs to boil water.
  • sabootheshaman
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Texator wrote: »
    If they replace the arty strike with mortars i say nice change.The arty strike requires the same skill it needs to boil water.

Im calling BS. You have to expose yourself to use arty or the rocket. Hiding behind terrain and clicking your mouse to get kills is pretty easy and low risk. Your point is bunk.

Mortars are an indirect fire weapon.
  • Texator
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Texator wrote: »
    If they replace the arty strike with mortars i say nice change.The arty strike requires the same skill it needs to boil water.

Im calling BS. You have to expose yourself to use arty or the rocket. Hiding behind terrain and clicking your mouse to get kills is pretty easy and low risk. Your point is bunk.

Mortars are an indirect fire weapon.
    Expose yourself is a good joke.
    You can call in a arty strike from the other end of the map as long as you have a line of sight.
    A mortar have to be closer and, if it is like in BF1, you will be spotted as soon as you fire the first shot.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, the elite Snipers complained so much about it in previous games that Dice got rid of them for good.  Its OK to camp in an almost inaccessible area, but completely unfair when somebody drops a bomb on your campiing place......
    Yeah, because giving a class a weapon they can use from a safe zone or totally behind cover that has "infinite" ammo is more fair than a sniper with a spotlight coming out of his gun sitting on an unprotected hill blowing your oblivious head off with a well placed shot.

Some people just like to blame others...

Indirect fire weapons are a trash BS mechanic and so are the players that use them.
  • chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mortars have finite range and ammo, snipers appear to have infinite range and single shot kill, despite having the same ammo as say, the Bren, which needs a full mag to kill. The “game” has many inequalities, but the mortar was a significant small unit weapon in WW2, and appears to have been omitted to satisfy a vocal minority. Clearly not everyone will welcome a weapon that threatens their favourite gameplay, ie lying prone on a hillside shooting across the map or bunnyhopping from side to side, but hey, it’s only a game?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mortars have finite range and ammo, snipers appear to have infinite range and single shot kill, despite having the same ammo as say, the Bren, which needs a full mag to kill. The “game” has many inequalities, but the mortar was a significant small unit weapon in WW2, and appears to have been omitted to satisfy a vocal minority. Clearly not everyone will welcome a weapon that threatens their favourite gameplay, ie lying prone on a hillside shooting across the map or bunnyhopping from side to side, but hey, it’s only a game?
    Have you ever noticed how in every Battlefield game that had mortars they were nerfed and nerfed and nerfed, and were still popular? It's because they're 100% cheese. Hide behind a building and bombard a flag for free kills. Then when you run out of ammo, you wait a minute and redeploy a brand spanking new mortar with full ammo and repeat the process. It takes zero skill, and is totally unavoidable, and you can't even retaliate.

I find hill humping snipers annoying too, but they're easily countered and avoided. It also takes some skill to get headshots off on people, but dropping a bomb on someone from an unseen location does not.

Indirect fire weapons are garbage and don't belong in a game that even has a shadow of competition and skill based shooting.
  • Trokey66
    8950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    (Quote)
    Have you ever noticed how in every Battlefield game that had mortars they were nerfed and nerfed and nerfed, and were still popular? It's because they're 100% cheese. Hide behind a building and bombard a flag for free kills. Then when you run out of ammo, you wait a minute and redeploy a brand spanking new mortar with full ammo and repeat the process. It takes zero skill, and is totally unavoidable, and you can't even retaliate.

I find hill humping snipers annoying too, but they're easily countered and avoided. It also takes some skill to get headshots off on people, but dropping a bomb on someone from an unseen location does not.

Indirect fire weapons are garbage and don't belong in a game that even has a shadow of competition and skill based shooting.

Go to the 'red thing' on the mini map and shoot them? Or even easier, counter Mortar them!

This thought process that says Mortars were hard to deal with baffles me especially as they had limited range.

I remember when the salt was so strong in BF3 that they prevented Mortars in spawn. Dropping Mortars into spawn was then unchallenged and the trapped couldn't do anything to prevent it or deploy smoke to cover a break out.

Good call there......

The only time Mortars were a bit 'off' was BF4 when the operator could be remote to the actual Mortar but then we had MAVs.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So piat and dynamite should go?
  • chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems that the only skill that matters in BF5 is that of sighting thru a 6x optic or rushing around with a shotgun. Strangely everyone enjoys the game in a different way, whether it is working in a squad, sitting on a AA or a tank. Every weapon system brings advantages and weaknesses. Bring back mortars
  • MrCamp121
    chinook240 wrote: »
    It seems that the only skill that matters in BF5 is that of sighting thru a 6x optic or rushing around with a shotgun. Strangely everyone enjoys the game in a different way, whether it is working in a squad, sitting on a AA or a tank. Every weapon system brings advantages and weaknesses. Bring back mortars

Lol sitting on a mortar is fun? Boy i wanna be their friends fosho
  • Major_Pungspark
    1563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I am thinking about the mortar support as a call in.