5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

• c0ldsun
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Finally they start fixing this game. Didn't need this spotting system, but this one shot kill across the complete map with any rifle will come to an end. Great!
  • TyroneLoyd
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    c0ldsun said:
    Finally they start fixing this game. Didn't need this spotting system, but this one shot kill across the complete map with any rifle will come to an end. Great!
    huh???
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody complaining about this change is simply ignoring the truth. The truth being this game has been a disaster from its very inception. It has been a complete failure in terms of sales. That is just simple numbers. You(anybody reading this) may well love the game in its current form. But overall it has not been well received. To think otherwise is ignoring the sales numbers. It’s well documented that the players that did try the game we’re quitting for good shortly after playing. The server count has tracked almost identically that BFHL. BFHL had an excuse. It was fresh on the heels of the BF4 launch disaster. V had no such excuse. These changes are small if you are as good as you think you are, it will not impact you. If it does you were not as good as you thought you were to begin with. The changes are small in reality. It should allow for more movement around the map and better close quarters combat. Better being that there will actually be gunfights and not camping slaughters. But I will also say I think it’s too little too late to bring players back with this modest change.
    I think you are ignoring alot. 

If you think the TTK is what drove players away then lol. The instant kill issue., the massive amount of game impacting bugs, a WW2 setting very few know, a non-Battlefield map selection, the MMG meta, etc.

Sim'le fact iss that BF5 isn'r t a BF game and has been in a constant substandard state for a year. That is why the sales and playerbase are poor. Lets not even get into the terrible marketing and poor PR coming from dice ptre-launch.

Lets forget all that and just blame the TTK.... 
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the TTK as it is. Too many instant deaths, spamming generally wins and I don't think the classes are that well balanced. Big changes at this stage feel like a huge risk though. This could help some players, but most of the casual players won't read about this on the forums, they'll just start losing gunfights that they won before.

Insta deaths from fully automatic guns happens because of the headshot multipler. If a gun takes 6 bullets to kill someone with each headshot you decrease this number by one. If you do 3 headshot the guy will see an insta death on his screen.

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The insta deaths are due to absolutely garbage packet handling as been stated by Chris last year
    High amount of jitter and packet loss either by the recipient or the sender!
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    If you want to fight at a longer distance: use the weapons that are in the game for that, don't expect you can fight everyone at every distance with one weapon, use the weapon for what it was made for or die.

Right now SMG's (and LMG's with 3x scope and not lying prone) dominate at a distance they should not, this needs to be rebalanced.

Right because only SARs and ARs should be all purpose weapons and assaults should be the only ones comfortable 24/7.
    That’s ridiculous

Making weapons less versatile will just lead to more situations where players feel like they don’t stand a chance and will mean that bigger maps will become even more devoid of medics than they are now. Remember all the complaining players did when they didn’t stand a chance against long range snipers in BFI? Making the guns less versatile is just asking for a return to that only this time SARs will be doing that too

SMGs aren’t good at medium or long range and no-one’s saying they should be. If you get killed occasionally by an SMG at medium range when you have an SAR, AR or LMG then your performance there and then just straight up wasn’t good enough. You should be winning those fights but you bricked the ones you lost, simple as that
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    DICE wouldn't be making these gameplay changes if player retention wasn't an issue. The player population must be low and profits from live service cosmetics disappointing.

DICE is changing up the gameplay in order to bring in the much bigger and lucrative casual audience.

Don't worry, there will still be hardcore community servers for the tight knit group who enjoys the current gameplay. You can still tactically position yourself in a bush and mow people down with MMGs in 4 bullets with no Doritos over your head on those servers.
    You're right that player retention is a massive issue. Profits from cosmetics must be pathetic (with good reason)

DICE is changing up the game-play to desperately try and bring in new players - a dramatic last play of the cards to bring financial gain to the game.

You last comment is facetious and flippant, you see my friend there will be no one left after March when the newbies have left and the mainstay community have gone too. I for one will not be carrying on if these changes are made. 
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The issue is who is being polled. I can poll 1 million trump supporters asking them if they think trump should get impeached but I can't then use the results of that poll to prove how the entire country feels on the issue.

I do think people who are educated and have a deeper understanding of the game should have more of a say, more so than probably most people here that might share the same view but wouldn't be considered under the "educated enough on the game" umbrella to be considered under my view. I do not make claims though that my view on what should be changed is overwhelmingly agreed on by the playerbase unlike a certain side in this whole debacle. The only data that could come close to determining where most people stand on this (if that is important to you) is the internal DICE data based on their surveys and telemetry.

I have seen a fraction of the people say they are going on strike over the current TTK since the TTK2 debacle that I did say they were going on strike over TTK2. If there is any comparable amount of people going on strike now they are whisper quiet compared to the very loud crying last time around (and I'm sure thats to be repeated).

BFV's recoil has "an extra layer" which is spread being converted to recoil, its just spread has been heavily neutered (as it would probablly become unbearable the amount of recoil with this conversion with any beefy numbers). You have SLRs in BF1 where you had to contest with VRec, HRec, and spread increase while in BFV with the semi autos you have no HRec to deal with, no spread increase to deal with, just VRec and base spread. The impact spread had on BF1's gunplay is far more prevalent hence all the people that couldn't handle it and complained about how awful it was and praised BFV for having skillful gunplay because it was easy with little to no learning curve.

Dude I get what you’re getting at but we have no reason to believe that the community on here and on Reddit are about as representative of the broader population as the Bible Belt or San Francisco. We have no reason to believe that.
    Rejecting what the polls suggest based on the possibility that somehow the broader population prefers slower TTKs when the community on here, Reddit and some other places voted more than 2:1 in favour of TTK1 is a big stretch

And no, some of the people who want slower TTKs have been claiming to be telepathic BF player whisperers who claim that most players prefer TtK 2 as if it was fact when they have zero evidence. And yes they have chatting non-stop bs about it since launch

Actually if you look on Reddit a lot of people are saying that 5.2 TTKs will kill the game and they’re gonna uninstall. I’m gonna try it for a few days but then I’ll probably do what I usually do and quietly stop playing without saying a word

Aside from the SARs it still sounds like BFV’s system can be mitigated to a greater extent with skill than BFI’s could
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    5.2 is significant.

It's a date code.

By the time the 5th of February comes round BFV will be officially dead due to the disastrous changes implemented in December.

Call me NostrodamusOnRedWine - you know it's true!!
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please dice have a button on community games that just keeps everything as it is now. I have started networking good clans when I find them, to get ready for comunity games. Tonight my clan played another really good one on squad conquest it was intense really good games.
    They can do what they want with the main game if they leave this option in community games.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The problem with BFV was that DICE really overestimated the FPS IQ of their player base. They thought people would, "get it" and just adapt. We saw this with the attempted bigger TTK change a year ago, and we're seeing it now with the. "down range" TTK change. With the addition of the, "Look blueberry! You are LOOKING AT AN ENEMY." spotting system, this is proof enough that DICE cannot overlook the blueberries of the player base.

Good players are more likely to mold their play style around the game, they don't change the game to fit what they already know how to do. This goes for casuals and hardcore players a like. This is way less likely with scrubs who drop the game quickly if the strategic concepts necessary to do even moderately well go over their head.

All in all, I don't really welcome this change, hard to tell given I haven't experienced it, but I certainly understand it. Part of me is actually pretty curious to see the class rebalance.
    I completely agree with you. Its sad that Dice cannot just ignore people who will buy the game and drop it after a week or two. Its quite sad that devs are dropping their own promises in order to makee some easy money.
    Post edited by SuperiorByGender on
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    Texator wrote: »
    If i understood right the changes are ment to make players play closer to objectives.If so then this changes are beyond stupid.The guys who are prone with a MMG somewhere in the bushes are not on the server to play the objective, they like to farm kills.What will they do after the changes to keep their playstyle. They will be prone in the bushes with a sniper rifle. sniper rifles are even buffed with this changes because the options to fight back are nerfed.This planned changes will change nothing when it comes to play the objective all it changes is the number of active players because those who like the weapons now will maybe take a break or leave BF for good.

Not only that but the people still camp with MMGs won’t feel a thing because they usually operate at distances where the other gun classes are also getting nerfs. The result will be that the changes mostly cancel each other out

No, I and most others will just snipe and know we are unkillable beyond rock throwing distance.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I completely agree with you. Its sad that Dice cannot just ignore people who will buy the game and drop it after a week or two.
    Maybe they drop the game because it can be very hardcore light, annoying and boring ... where is the fun in being instant killed over and over again by players you can't see or hear ... ?

If you are new to BF, BF V must be one of the worst games there is to start with.

Would not surprise me if the numbers showed that new to the series players completely stop playing after a couple of rounds or only camp and don't move at all.
  • VVaxDaddy
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just looking at some of ttk data I've seen, this looks like it's going to be hilariously bad. That said I think there can be significant benefits to increasing the ttk.

Higher ttk at long ranges can break up this stagnant prone meta and force people into objectives where it is much easier to get a kill, so long as the close range ttk remains unchanged or mostly unchanged. The skilled players will be the ones still able to get kills at range so I think there can still be a decent skill gap if done properly.

13 bullets with any gun is absolutely ludicrous though.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VVaxDaddy wrote: »
    Just looking at some of ttk data I've seen, this looks like it's going to be hilariously bad. That said I think there can be significant benefits to increasing the ttk.

Higher ttk at long ranges can break up this stagnant prone meta and force people into objectives where it is much easier to get a kill, so long as the close range ttk remains unchanged or mostly unchanged. The skilled players will be the ones still able to get kills at range so I think there can still be a decent skill gap if done properly.

13 bullets with any gun is absolutely ludicrous though.

Nope, it will just make camping in a bush the new meta. Once you stay 50m from the enemy with the new ttk changes you become invincible since you will never be hit by 10+ bullets.

Lol...
  • BeastofBourbon84
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just play zh29 and 2 tap everyone.

Noone will be able to fight back ;)
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    I completely agree with you. Its sad that Dice cannot just ignore people who will buy the game and drop it after a week or two.
    Maybe they drop the game because it can be very hardcore light, annoying and boring ... where is the fun in being instant killed over and over again by players you can't see or hear ... ?
    But this is how it has been since the very beginning. When I first launched BF2 over 10 years ago I got my butt royally handed to me. It was humiliating and rage inducing.  But I kept playing and getting killed.
                   Then, less than a year since I first launched BF2, BFBC2 came out, and I got it. My first 30 or so hours were terrifying. I was getting sniper, knifed, blown up by Karl Gustav across the map etc. But I kept playing and getting better because I knew that it wasn't game's fault that I sucked, it was my lack of experience. So I kept practicing because I knew it would pay off. And it did!
                   Then BF3 came out and I at that point I was very confident in myself when I launched it for the first tome. I to this day remember my first 60 seconds in that game. My first ever match of BF3 was on Noshahr Canals Conquest. I spawn on the Russian side with AK-74M and killed 3 players before dying. It was the best feeling I ever got from a game because at that moment I realised that all this time I've spent at re-spawn screen finally paid off. And that is where I got seriously involved into BF games.

This is how every new players starts. If people don't like getting killed by more experienced players, there are 2 options:

1 Learn through suffering.
    2: Don't play multiplayer games.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    But this is how it has been since the very beginning. When I first launched BF2 over 10 years ago I got my butt royally handed to me. It was humiliating and rage inducing.  But I kept playing and getting killed.
                   Then, less than a year since I first launched BF2, BFBC2 came out, and I got it. My first 30 or so hours were terrifying. I was getting sniper, knifed, blown up by Karl Gustav across the map etc. But I kept playing and getting better because I knew that it wasn't game's fault that I sucked, it was my lack of experience. So I kept practicing because I knew it would pay off. And it did!
                   Then BF3 came out and I at that point I was very confident in myself when I launched it for the first tome. I to this day remember my first 60 seconds in that game. My first ever match of BF3 was on Noshahr Canals Conquest. I spawn on the Russian side with AK-74M and killed 3 players before dying. It was the best feeling I ever got from a game because at that moment I realised that all this time I've spent at re-spawn screen finally paid off. And that is where I got seriously involved into BF games.

This is how every new players starts. If people don't like getting killed by more experienced players, there are 2 options:

1 Learn through suffering.
    2: Don't play multiplayer games.

The pace in this game is far too fast to learn fast enough.

Deaths are far too annoying to keep motivated.

As beginner this game must be hell.
  • Bolly_MixedModes
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the TTK changes are being made to increase the survivability of new players coming in so that they don't quit in frustration, the flip-side to that is that they will now find it hard landing all the bullets required to get a kill, so they may stay alive longer but will be peeved because they can't get kills instead.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bolly_GB said:
    If the TTK changes are being made to increase the survivability of new players coming in so that they don't quit in frustration, the flip-side to that is that they will now find it hard landing all the bullets required to get a kill, so they may stay alive longer but will be peeved because they can't get kills instead.
    They are also gonna tweak, recoils and rate of fire
This discussion has been closed.