Trying to overcome the non agression flying mentality

2»

Comments

• Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like conflicting logic, won't attack planes but killing infantry and tanks is fine?
    End of the day we're all trying to do something and that something is trying to stop someone else doing their thing.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't get confused little Jimmy, if a plane could it would kill you and your whole family
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like conflicting logic, won't attack planes but killing infantry and tanks is fine?
    End of the day we're all trying to do something and that something is trying to stop someone else doing their thing.
    I see it so many times, planes ignoring each other and farming ground.

I've read pilots complain in the comments section to the enemy pilots with lines like, "why are you dog fighting me?" It's a total joke. And I'm in a tank getting blown to bits in one bomb one by pilots I can't even see because they drop in from orbit, and the FF won't touch them. This is why I hate this whole need to rely on someone else to protect you/combined arms BS. It's not fun and this game is over reliant on all this more than ever.  
  • Hawxxeye
    7963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not sure why.
    When I am on the ground I know that the chance of the enemy attacking is almost 100% so it is easier  to make the choice.
    The pilots are a more mixed bag where I am more likely to feel like I am being rude to someone who is not a serious danger to my team by forcing them to wait in the spawn again. Almost no bomber pilots present a real threat to the team especially right now.
    The last few days I found a good middle ground when I am on a fighter: Instead of going headfirst to attack planes on sight, I try to maintain watch over our own planes and see any of our planes are being attacked and go aid them. This way I get to fight planes without feeling like a jerk.
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In my opinion, noncombat mentality has 3 causes as a main pilot :
    1.BF1 mentality where I saw tons of players forfeiting in the air just to farm ground:darts+flares, and avoiding each other. I ve seen in BF5 the same garbage mentality especialy when JU 88 was the best fighter and bomber in the game, I was the only one chasing those, and keeping a decent 1-2kd against those, cause rear gunes nuked spits in seconds...

2.Terrible decisions about guns and balance not considering map layout-nerfing, buffing, failing and again buffing, nerfing, failing, introducing easy mode gadgets likle FF, decisions without any logic whatsoever. FF should stay and remain for Pacific maps exactly as it is now. But for vanilla ones?  Yesterday on Hamada i was on Spit VA because german side camped the hill in their spawn with 2 assaults both FF, zerging in between AA and top of the hill+the third staying with MAA at the resupply station. While I understand FF being a deterrent, well developers didnt think about map layout at all? On Hamada FF and base AA covers C, and a large portion towards A and D, from homebase lmao. How can you possible engage enemy planes that go for ressuply behind german base?If they climb, you are generally toasted. We won but was a pain to play. Those decisions make players to not enjoy this game at all, and leave the franchise. It is not about k/d is about to play a game with others and enjoy it.

3. The feeling of insecurity in the air, partly because not mastering planes and a team that doesnt support his pilots. Often I saw no one in the air, while my team was farmed without mercy. They do not spawn in planes because they think enemy air will toast them, but they wont try to get better in planes. It is not a shame to be downed by a pro pilot, or an ace, it is a shame to not try fight him.

TL/dr A team that dominates in the air usually wins the game. There are exceptions, but...That is why best pilots and tankers are hated . In fact, they carry their team, take it or leave it. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

TL/dr A team that dominates in the air usually wins the game. There are exceptions, but...That is why best pilots and tankers are hated . In fact, they carry their team, take it or leave it. 
    Somehow I feel that the opposite is true in BFV. The air to ground rarely has enough impact thanks to several bomb and HE cannon nerfs. A successful pilot can in most cases at best frustrate the other team.

• SmokeD_BabooN
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Somehow I feel that the opposite is true in BFV. The air to ground rarely has enough impact thanks to several bomb and HE cannon nerfs. A successful pilot can in most cases at best frustrate the other team.

Not really, cause a tanker or a pilot knowing their roles, are force multipliers. Yesterday I played 2 rounds Hamada, I got downed 2 times by AA/FF combo, and when I respawned I chose wrong VA instead of VB. So after downing their planes I ended 14-2, while I was popping flares right and left on contested flags. Enemy pilots camped their spawn as I said above, this means 3 players less in the game. We won at 20 tickets.

Played Rotterdam, german side was the fastest loss I have ever seen in this game. My team lost at about 575 tickets while entire enemy team was camping D and E flags. Hopped in the tank and captured several times E, ended 19k/d. Game lasted 5 minutes I think.  You cant really do much when team is bad. But when team is somehow decent vehicles are top dogs.

I fear the patch coming in December if they nerf assault kit, they gonna destroy even more this game. Because in the next patch they gonna nerf  vehicles as they are now.
  • SirBobdk
    5343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

A successful pilot can in most cases at best frustrate the other team.

I use flairs a lot in planes. It seem to make a difference for the team and you get tons of points.
    Normally I fly by at high altitude dropping flairs and then come back from behind with 20mm gun from a distance and then clime before getting in range of FF and drop bombs.
    If my old wingman are playing we usually takes out hostile planes before going for ground, but alone I am more cautious.   
  • Hawxxeye
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:

A successful pilot can in most cases at best frustrate the other team.

I use flairs a lot in planes. It seem to make a difference for the team and you get tons of points.
    Normally I fly by at high altitude dropping flairs and then come back from behind with 20mm gun from a distance and then clime before getting in range of FF and drop bombs.
    If my old wingman are playing we usually takes out hostile planes before going for ground, but alone I am more cautious.   
    It only makes a difference if the team bellow is semi decent enough to grab the opportunity you grant them.
    As it has been said earlier, vehicles are force multipliers. If the original value (as in quality) of that force is close to zero, nothing will change.
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It depends server to server. I've had matches where I had a fighter chewing on my fuselage as quickly as I spawned in several times per match, and I've also had matches where I could fly around all match in a bomber completely unchallenged.

It also depends on your plane role. If you're flying CAS, it's kind of okay to ignore other planes because you're not built to tussle with them, though you still want to be aware of them and hopefully have some means to survive them. But if you're using a fighter, you should attempt to chase and shoot down enemy planes. On the Pacific, this distinction is much murkier.

I dunno. Flying is still the hardest part of this game for me.
  • trip1ex
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If I see other planes bombing our stuff then I'm after them.  That's the role of the plane.  If you're in a bomber not so much.  

Caveats are you have to watch out for the double team and enemy AA.  

But I'm not so aggressive (and cheap and patient)  that I'm circling in the air waiting for enemy planes to respawn and immediately getting up on their tail to catch them by surprise.