Hello TTK and Bye muscle memory!?

BumblebeeOwns
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So Im still fuzzy but let me see if I have this right. 

Its gonna take longer to kill than before? Those vets who have been playing are gonna have a bigger or smaller change in muscle memory?? I know it comes out next month but I would like to know how this is gonna work and apply. I have been wondering about this and am a bit worried and excited as it could been seen as a way to learn the game over? Im not sure, maybe I am trying to justify it or just make sense of it in my own way. 

I just want to know how much its gonna impact this over playstyle and with it what new guns are gonna end up #1 because of the recoil changes to some guns

Comments

• hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How is that affect muscle memory ?
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    My understanding is that the change will only really affect longer-range engagements with semi- and full-auto weapons.

Bolt action weapons will be unaffected.

The icons over nearby players' heads will have a noticeable impact on the camper meta.
  • BumblebeeOwns
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:

How long you shoot an enemy now and knowing when they are dead because you know the gun, the recoil and how it feels. With extended TTK you will move away from the enemy and stop shooting thinking they are dead because again, you know that gun. Only this time they will still be alive and you will probably end up getting wasted. I know not all players play with muscle memory like that but I know a lot do as well. It will effect only some. 

• BumblebeeOwns
    My understanding is that the change will only really affect longer-range engagements with semi- and full-auto weapons.

Bolt action weapons will be unaffected.

The icons over nearby players' heads will have a noticeable impact on the camper meta. 

Thanks!
  • menaceuk
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    So Im still fuzzy but let me see if I have this right. 

Its gonna take longer to kill than before? Those vets who have been playing are gonna have a bigger or smaller change in muscle memory?? I know it comes out next month but I would like to know how this is gonna work and apply. I have been wondering about this and am a bit worried and excited as it could been seen as a way to learn the game over? Im not sure, maybe I am trying to justify it or just make sense of it in my own way. 

I just want to know how much its gonna impact this over playstyle and with it what new guns are gonna end up #1 because of the recoil changes to some guns
    Simple answer - alot.

You have the BTK change. You have the damage over distance change. In order to compensate for these changes they will have change recoil amount, maybe recoil patterns, mag size, bullet velocity, rate of fire, and maybe even character movement.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suspect less recoil over distances to compensate. You still have time to dive for cover since it takes more hits to kill you.
    All in all I liked it the best last Christmas. It was what it was and I felt better with most weapons overall. The needs have made the differences between weapons too big, causing players to go for those few that still perform.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your playstyle will be mostly impacted if you are a mid range to longer range player. Its going to force players to get in closer to their enemies to get kills.  If you simply like to hang back and pick people off with little effort, then you will be greatly impacted. If you like to move around and take objectives  it will benefit you. 
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forget that, you are simply not going to kill someone past 50m with most weapons now.

No worries about muscle memory. It just won't ever happen.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your playstyle will be mostly impacted if you are a mid range to longer range player. Its going to force players to get in closer to their enemies to get kills.  If you simply like to hang back and pick people off with little effort, then you will be greatly impacted. If you like to move around and take objectives  it will benefit you. 

Like running around an objective with a full auto takes effort..

Basically everyone who doesn't like to run around and hipfire people in the face will be screwed and will be forced to use a bolt action carbine or sniper rifle. End of story.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CnConrad said:

Like running around an objective with a full auto takes effort..

Basically everyone who doesn't like to run around and hipfire people in the face will be screwed and will be forced to use a bolt action carbine or sniper rifle. End of story.
    This is probably a heavy handed fix to the "assault weapon with x3 scope >> everything" syndrome
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:

How long you shoot an enemy now and knowing when they are dead because you know the gun, the recoil and how it feels. With extended TTK you will move away from the enemy and stop shooting thinking they are dead because again, you know that gun. Only this time they will still be alive and you will probably end up getting wasted. I know not all players play with muscle memory like that but I know a lot do as well. It will effect only some. 

People will probably adapt in half a hour if they know what they are doing
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, your a pretty sad gamer if you can only play one fps with with one ttk and then have this bother you.
    There's a heap of different games out there people are playing every day and they have no problem swapping between them.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What are you? A bodybuilder?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This discussion has been closed.