Loadout for Zero A6M5 or Corsair F4U-1C

Marcusspinner
286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
I have been playing with these planes but the other type feel way stronger, I'm trying different loadouts for both planes but most specialization feel underwelming. Does anyone have a good loadout out combination for both planes and which do you use then? Also, why is there a pathway for the Zero A6M5 from the "angle 20MM HE" to the "improved resupply" because the improved resupply doesn't have any use in combination with the path, it can only reload the two rockets. What is also disappointing as that the spawn beacon doesn't get used often and it should stay on the ground when it landed for teammates to spawn in not only when it's in the air.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TBH man I'm struggling to see why I'll ever use these planes over the other two when I've finished ranking them.
  • Marcusspinner
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    TBH man I'm struggling to see why I'll ever use these planes over the other two when I've finished ranking them.
    I agree the other two feel more powerful and more versatile, the rockets needs a buff I guess...
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I agree the other two feel more powerful and more versatile, the rockets needs a buff I guess...

That's exactly how I feel about them too. Those rockets could do with a buff too.

I think @Hawxxeye might have played with the specs more, so might know what's up.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    From my experience loadouts in planes don't really matter. As long as there's one pilot on the opposite team whose soldier hasn't actually physically touched the map as infantry or in a tank since the game released. These people have thousands of air hours over more than one Battlefield title. The skill curve in planes is way too high, it discourages noob pilots from actually giving it a fair go to try and gitgud in dog fighting.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

That's exactly how I feel about them too. Those rockets could do with a buff too.

I think Hawxxeye might have played with the specs more, so might know what's up.
    These variants after one gets to level 6 are mostly good for air to air combat with very limited air to ground capabilities.
    On both planes the path I believe works best is:
    6 HMGs (theoretically even more damage than a spitfire VA with 8x LMGs)
    Manual Supercharger (Very good for accelerating when you need it the most, it is basically an Afterburner mechanic that can overheat)
    Reinforced wings
    8x Rockets  (they can both damage ground vehicles and also hit planes if aimed well)
    Improved Resupply (the spotting scope sucks and the supply crates are not for Air to Air role)
    Improved Control surfaces (Just mandatory)
    I would like to also mention that these two variants have a very situational spec that could help a lot the attackers bellow on the penultimate sector on Iwo Jima Breakthrough:
    Getting  the spawn beacon could allow your entire team to spawn around the meatgrinder at the A flag to get  the B flag and catch the defenders in a pincer attack
  • ElliotLH
    edited November 2019
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    @ElliotLH
    These variants after one gets to level 6 are mostly good for air to air combat with very limited air to ground capabilities.On both planes the path I believe works best is:
    Manual Supercharger (Very good for accelerating when you need it the most, it is basically an Afterburner mechanic that can overheat)
    Reinforced wings8x Rockets  (they can both damage ground vehicles and also hit planes if aimed well)
    Improved Resupply (the spotting scope sucks and the supply crates are not for Air to Air role)
    Improved Control surfaces (Just mandatory)..I would like to also mention that these two variants have a very situational spec that could help a lot the attackers bellow on the penultimate sector on Iwo Jima Breakthrough:Getting  the spawn beacon could allow your entire team to spawn around the meatgrinder at the A flag to get  the B flag and catch the defenders in a pincer attack

Awesomesauce man, thanks. I went more the ground attack route with both variants so that's probably why I'm finding the Zero A6M5 and Corsair F4U-1C a bit underwhelming compared to the other two.

I'll respec the A6M5 and finish the final rank for the F4U-1C so I can respec that too.
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)
    @ElliotLH
    These variants after one gets to level 6 are mostly good for air to air combat with very limited air to ground capabilities.On both planes the path I believe works best is:
    Reinforced wings8x Rockets  (they can both damage ground vehicles and also hit planes if aimed well)
    Improved Control surfaces (Just mandatory)..I would like to also mention that these two variants have a very situational spec that could help a lot the attackers bellow on the penultimate sector on Iwo Jima Breakthrough:Getting  the spawn beacon could allow your entire team to spawn around the meatgrinder at the A flag to get  the B flag and catch the defenders in a pincer attack

Awesomesauce man, thanks. I went more the ground attack route with both variants so that's probably why I'm finding the Zero A6M5 and Corsair F4U-1C a bit underwhelming compared to the other two.

I'll respec the A6M5 and finish the final rank for the F4U-1C so I can respec that too.
    It makes sense to go the ground attack route while leveling them since you need the improved surfaces to compete in air to air unless you were one of..... those pilots with  thousands of hours just on BF planes who do nothing other than using planes.
    Keep the spawn beacon spec trick in the back of your mind too cause it can be amazing for getting your team past a horrible chokepoint
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)

It makes sense to go the ground attack route while leveling them since you need the improved surfaces to compete in air to air unless you were one of..... those pilots with  thousands of hours just on BF planes who do nothing other than using planes..Keep the spawn beacon spec trick in the back of your mind too cause it can be amazing for getting your team past a horrible chokepoint

Haha no I'm not one of those. Just enjoy flying and trying to keep up with the pros as much as possible. Thanks for the tips - the spawn beacon one is definitely something I'll keep in mind.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd personally go for the 6x HMG and manual supercharger, to do boom and zoom.
  • Marcusspinner
    Spawn beacon is good but needs a rework the beacon should stay also when it hits the ground and should then have a limited use. The beacon is pretty good but not a lot of people know that they can spawn on it or they choose to spawn on their squadmates instead.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keep in mind Beacon is replacing the repair which is an issue. 2x Rocket are also ok for ground vehicles and don't require you to stay on target as long as the 8x.
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    @ElliotLH

Yeah and unfortunately they make you choose between maneuveribility and barrel cooling in the final spec. I mean the overheat time on the HMG's is just plain stupid already. So either you get to move better with the Corsair 1C or Zero M5 but not both. Wow thanks. But the Zero M2 gets both. 😒
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    @ElliotLH

Yeah and unfortunately they make you choose between maneuveribility and barrel cooling in the final spec. I mean the overheat time on the HMG's is just plain stupid already. So either you get to move better with the Corsair 1C or Zero M5 but not both. Wow thanks. But the Zero M2 gets both. 😒

and this is why the boom and zoom tactic is best. The barrel cooling is all you need for the tactic.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those 2 planes are the fighter ones, you can melt the other planes within a second if you choose the upgraded MG's.

They are just as OP as all the other fighter: get behind another plane and it is game over before they can react.
    There is no dogfighting in this game with the poor movement ...

The rockets are good against tanks, destroyed multiple tanks with them, fun to do.

So I only use these planes when I want to destroy a hill camping Tank or destroy and enemy plane that is killing my team with bombs (although 2 teammates with FF's is easier to do that ... )
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    For the Corsair I use L-L-M-L-M-M. The Glider Bomb is definetly the best choice for the heavy weapons, once you get used to it. It deals massive damage to tanks (around 80) and kills infantry also very good.

I got some examples for my first time running it.

And the 2x20mm HE is basically the same as the 4x20mm HE for the other variant. Improved maneuverability is self-explaining. You WILL be in a massive disadvantage against a pilot if he's using it and you're not. The finned barrels aren't worth it for this.

For the Zero I use L-L-M-R-R-M. Basically the same reason as the Corsair. It's just that the Zero has this crappy machine gun instead of the Glider Bomb. I didn't watch how good the spotting scope was, so I could trade it any time against the improved resupply.
  • RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn beacon is good but needs a rework the beacon should stay also when it hits the ground and should then have a limited use. The beacon is pretty good but not a lot of people know that they can spawn on it or they choose to spawn on their squadmates instead.

I tried it in dozen matches and nobody once used it. It certainly needs somekind of rework, as does the Blenheim's similar spawning specialty.
  • Hawxxeye
    For the Corsair I use L-L-M-L-M-M. The Glider Bomb is definetly the best choice for the heavy weapons, once you get used to it. It deals massive damage to tanks (around 80) and kills infantry also very good.

I got some examples for my first time running it.

And the 2x20mm HE is basically the same as the 4x20mm HE for the other variant. Improved maneuverability is self-explaining. You WILL be in a massive disadvantage against a pilot if he's using it and you're not. The finned barrels aren't worth it for this.

For the Zero I use L-L-M-R-R-M. Basically the same reason as the Corsair. It's just that the Zero has this crappy machine gun instead of the Glider Bomb. I didn't watch how good the spotting scope was, so I could trade it any time against the improved resupply.
    In order to reliably hit with it you need to go in ranges where any aware team will destroy you though.
    That Is why I prefer the 8 rockets which can also hit planes.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It works for me and that's what counts. 🦆
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have been playing with these planes but the other type feel way stronger, I'm trying different loadouts for both planes but most specialization feel underwelming. Does anyone have a good loadout out combination.
    just get the supercharger, so you have to choose the 6xHMGs.
    choose the gadget that doesn't replace the instant repair.
    if you encounter a dogfighter pilot choose the better maneuverability option, if pilot is a farmer, choose the one on the right side, I think it is called cooling something.

and don't use the supercharger all the time, just use it when you are going up, well, it depends but don't overheat it.

• Marcusspinner

Someone said the 2x20 mm HE has a higher fire rate then the 4x20mm HE. So according to him the DPS is the same for both variants. Do you know if the fire rate is the same of both?