[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• frankzappaVT
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played two weeks nd while seeing a scoreboard of lvl 88-120 going 56-1 is quite awe inspiring........for those of us with real world understanding of ballistic coefficients .......how does the games programming determine who wins when two guys engage one another? For example I was doing the ke7 lmg proficiency assignments.........i would have bipod deployed HEAVILY prone camped on an objective.....and a guy with a suomi after being hit by three rounds waist to face, then runs through it like an al queda op on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯......and hits me once......from a decent distance as well. three rounds from an lmg is a signifigant flesh mover imho. It is what it is but i find my "getting the drop" on other players NEVER guarantees a kill, especially until i figure out that fancy little circle strafe move you more skilled players use, LMAO i swear some folks run the map 24/7 hardscoping! I still have fun!
  • Zunloa
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played two weeks nd while seeing a scoreboard of lvl 88-120 going 56-1 is quite awe inspiring........for those of us with real world understanding of ballistic coefficients .......how does the games programming determine who wins when two guys engage one another? For example I was doing the ke7 lmg proficiency assignments.........i would have bipod deployed HEAVILY prone camped on an objective.....and a guy with a suomi after being hit by three rounds waist to face, then runs through it like an al queda op on ****......and hits me once......from a decent distance as well. three rounds from an lmg is a signifigant flesh mover imho. It is what it is but i find my "getting the drop" on other players NEVER guarantees a kill, especially until i figure out that fancy little circle strafe move you more skilled players use, LMAO i swear some folks run the map 24/7 hardscoping! I still have fun!
    Your lack of skill has literaly nothing to do with cheating.
  • frankzappaVT
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kna5041 said:
    Cheating is still a serious problem and I am increasingly seeing higher level players using the cheats. I really think more anticheating measures need to be inplemented. It's really troubling now because they can see when people are spectating them, though plenty don't care and let you record away as they blatently aimbot and wallhack. 

I had a couple diff players in my squads im CONVINCED were using something simply based on the discussion we had whilst playing. I would say the players who use these sees the repercussions for using these cheats as a joke. until there is something that they really fear losing or having done to their playing quality of life if that makes sense. To my mind you get better just having an understanding of the maps(good spots n bad spots) plus better usage of your weapons via muscle memory and calloussed thumbs lmao...........you already got an advantage over a standard player .......now playing as a helpful, mature ...fun squadmate! cant beat that cheat!

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    GenCuster said:
    I wasn't able to finish a single round tonight from five attempts.

The most egregious cheat we encountered is rank 140, with a 10:1 KDR.

This is a legit "good player" .....
    not a cheater .... :D:D:D
    It's hard to tell if you're joking or not.

In this instance, the cheater was on my team. We found him at the fixed machine gun station at F on Hamada headshotting people at C and D. He went 83-3 in the end, spamming "CHINA #1!" into the chat. My squad and I tried to stop him by standing in front of him and blocking him in corners while telling the other team where we were so they could kill him. IT didn't really work though, as friendly fire is off and an aimbot works through bodies.

• iriti1105
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guinness world records is also possible for games with the most cheater population.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to see how they deal with cheaters, go to this link.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/leaderboards/weapons/origin/KillsPerMinute?page=11&code=wtypelewis

It's the leaderboard for kills per minute, with the Lewis Gun.  I've linked to page 11, which starts at "1001st place."

The guy who is in 1001st place with KPM with the lewis gun has 5.3 kills per minute...And there are 1000 with higher KPM.

Food for thought.
  • foljov1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    when there are no cheaters on i love this game,walked away for a while because of all the cheats but was hoping things would have been sorted by now so i came back this week but its very bad and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
    its so blatant, so whats the point in making time to kill longer for honest players and yet the cheaters still 1 shot head kill from the hip and its not a one off its the same players all the time.
    wouldnt take genius to watch the odd server and ban the players.
    i think if they sort the cheating out then this would sell much better and many more players would return.
    would love to recommend this game to my friends but sadly its not right its broken and after a year if its not fixed then i guess it never will be.
    hardcore would be a way around killing the cheaters and private servers would help so they can be kicked.
    think the powers that be are trying to force pc games to console but no idea why.
  • qleck0
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    (name and shame removed by moderator)
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cant take this anymore... i love this game but having no security in terms of cheating takes a big toll on me.
    I play this game to chill out and take some time off, but i have to keep switching servers until i find a game that is actually enjoyable.
    and i really hate that, cause i dont want to leave a server only because there are players present that are better than me.
    but how am i supposed to know? there is litterally no boundary for cheating in this game.
    I can take that for a while....BUT it is plain UNEXEPTABLE to have this problem for over a YEAR and not address it.
    there was a "our anti-cheat approach to Battlefield" thread once and it was complete BS and all i can assume is that everyone having anything to do with anti-cheat messures is just waiting for the game to die. 
    They produce so much content and work on so many bugfixes and little balancing tweaks but the biggest flaw of this game is just ignored.
    At this point Battlefield V is just a broken product.
    And what gets me really mad is that im preaching to the choir here, cause no dev will read this, no dev will think about this and no dev will give a wilson about this...
  • Blackie03
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played the best game I have ever had on BFV. Not one hacker to ruin the game. 
    Was so intense to the very end, 5/6 sectors taken. This is how every game should be..

• GenCuster
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    I wasn't able to finish a single round tonight from five attempts.

The most egregious cheat we encountered is rank 140, with a 10:1 KDR.

This is a legit "good player" .....
    not a cheater .... :D:D:D
    It's hard to tell if you're joking or not.

In this instance, the cheater was on my team. We found him at the fixed machine gun station at F on Hamada headshotting people at C and D. He went 83-3 in the end, spamming "CHINA #1!" into the chat. My squad and I tried to stop him by standing in front of him and blocking him in corners while telling the other team where we were so they could kill him. IT didn't really work though, as friendly fire is off and an aimbot works through bodies.

he was sarcastic .....
    "legit" players with K / D over 10 ...
    Someone will surely exist completely "clean",
    but most, unfortunately, will be corrupted ...
    remember the video of the Fortnite whiner .... at the top of the rankings,
    yes ...... but with the cheats.Do you think that here is better ?????

• Kann0nF0dder
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In every game i play at fs is 1 on more cheaterz some of names can't even write at origin add player to report dunno why
  • STOPchris
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In every game i play at fs is 1 on more cheaterz some of names can't even write at origin add player to report dunno why
    Which is REALLY sad that you even have to. In Call of Duty, you can easily report from within the game. BF REALLY dropped the ball with anti-cheat, even Call of Duty is doing more than this game even came close to.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A glitch in firestorm where someone got knocked down  I revived him ,all I could see was the icon for a knocked down player ,, the circle is was  small  ,a full squad running about all over trying to kill this last guy  ,infinite flares  infinite  v1 .Sad  very sad  , Wouldn't it be more exciting to play firestorm without cheats, if you know you are going to win what's the point .. Everyone knows who the cheats are on firestorm , it just takes a glitch to expose them.  
  • El_Padrino_NYC
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    is EA/DICE ever going to fix the rampant hacking problem ??  let your legit player base know if you are not going fix it, so we can move on to other games !!! clean up your mess !!!
    Post edited by El_Padrino_NYC on
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    squad  conquest so so so so so so so so so so  anoying  frustrating and boooooooring  ...But without cheats on any of he teams though it would be great . while there are non legit players on the teams ,you need to put higher goals. 
  • Texator
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imo, the cheater problem is out of control.
    Every single day I see aimbotters on the server, or a few minutes ago one who shot through solid walls on OU.
    But what annoys me most is i see chaeters i already reported weeks aor months ago.
    This makes me wonder if dice really deals with reports or if it is a dead feature ment to keep legit players calm.
    On one side they wonder why new players dont stay, on the other side they do not enough to solve the cheater problem.
    Maybe this 2 things are connected. <------Hint
  • Wboson
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UnPh4ZeD said:
    JONxJITSU wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Could you please provide links to your wiki, discord and youtube channel to back up your claims? That will be much appreciated. You cannot make such bold definitive statements without any proof. With that being said; it seems like you are having a much different experience in getting cheaters banned than 99% of everyone else. I say this because your "formula" has been replicated by many others before you to no avail. I personally have complied and submitted an incredibly large amount of reports with the inclusion of more information than you have ie: server number, map and time with recorded game play and nothing gets done months later. In most cases I have submitted reports on the same individual several times with nothing being done. From what I have read on posting from the anti cheat time is that they don't necessarily look in to reports and rely on and have faith in FF's detection. Which is why a lot of us are not seeing anything done when the majority of the community files a report even with detailed reports. I am not in no means calling you a lair or refuting your claims, I would like to see some evidence because I find this fascinating. Thank you.

I use a nearly identical system and of the 30ish accounts I've reported (with video evidence) only 2 are still active. The last 20 are all on my YT if you feel the need to check for yourself. My video evidence is always short and sweet (quick edit just to show the obvious inhuman plays). It's a good formula to follow.

I seriously hope this isn´t the case. In the clan we NEVER EVER considered a photoshopped video\¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as an evidence. Only a un-modified demo taken with a tool built in game(quake3 engine- Enemy Territory) was accepted as a proof of cheating. Also we used to track cheaters by IP\HW info and manged to pin point known cheaters within minutes by only looking at joined new players country flag and name(you know how only cheaters have the mindset to come up with totally bizarre names). 5 days to ban a obvious cheat, you gotta be kidding me.
    The admins of the clan would have been shamed and insulted to death if we were such slow pokes and the server would have ran empty. And it was an FREE game...

And nowadays we PAY 60$ so that blatant cheaters can run rampant for month(encountered lately some 74level obvious cheater(s)). And every1 will just play along as it was nothing... Only reaction any1 would get from EA is muting posts for letting steam out and calling out some cheaters.

If there only was some good alternative... All the games we managed to get going today(not dying at landing) in FS were finished by obvious cheater squads. SQUADS of cheaters. And imagine now when TTK is raised, cheater still can get the easy kills but legit players will have NO chance against them anymore.