Planes in pacific should not be able to take a tank out on full health in one bomb run.

Comments

• Elephante33
    324 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what kind of drugs are you on that makes you think a single plane can take out a tank at full health in one run? They literally DO NOT have the power to do so. Even with the 1000 lbs bombs. You MUST have taken damage from something else or another plane must have done a run at the same time, because it simply does not work that way
    It wasn't even the 1000 Ibs if that's the one single mounted bomb, it was the two wing mounted bombs. I'm not making it up, I'm not great at tech so I can't record this stuff. Three times in one match this happened, full health by the same pilot. It might be a hack but I've had this happen before. Time will tell, I hope I'm wrong and it was a bug, hack or glitch. 

Id have to say its a hack or there was some latency for other damage, cose that just doesnt make sense. Wouldnt be the first bug in this game, they still havnt fixed the single player campaign stuff
  • Terminator000001
    343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The max damage I ever did to a tank was 84 with the Glider Bomb. Otherwise the tank must've been already damaged when I blew it up.
  • xKusagamix
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pacific Planes can't destroy Tanks in one pass, same as the Fliegerfaust can't oneshot a Plane. But many times you'll feel like getting oneshot by its, because DICE.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I fly in ZERO for quite a lot and I have never oneshoted a tank with bombs. Max I do is 75 damage with 2 medium bombs (x2 500lbs)

Maybe 1000lbs bomb can oneshot a tank, but it requires you to give up flare and its also a nightmare to aim without any bombing sights.
    Cheers man, I didn't really want to go in to details but I'm starting to wonder if I was being trolled by a particular player using a hack. One match he just kept sniping my tank as a sniper doing 5 dam on iwo jima, he was up in the mountains as defenders, and I kept killing him, he just did it to annoy me. He died like 20 times. It was the same guy a few days later who just focused for the rest of the match as I's joined late on bombing my tank which he took out three times on full health. Even though he died about eight times by my sides planes. I was concerned that a plane could just take out a tank like that without me even being able to see him as he came from above. 

Perhaps the other times there were reasons, maybe and it could have been the same hack if this is impossible as many say. I'll keep my eye out.    
  • MBT_Layzan
    2189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what kind of drugs are you on that makes you think a single plane can take out a tank at full health in one run? They literally DO NOT have the power to do so. Even with the 1000 lbs bombs. You MUST have taken damage from something else or another plane must have done a run at the same time, because it simply does not work that way
    It wasn't even the 1000 Ibs if that's the one single mounted bomb, it was the two wing mounted bombs. I'm not making it up, I'm not great at tech so I can't record this stuff. Three times in one match this happened, full health by the same pilot. It might be a hack but I've had this happen before. Time will tell, I hope I'm wrong and it was a bug, hack or glitch. 

Id have to say its a hack or there was some latency for other damage, cose that just doesnt make sense. Wouldnt be the first bug in this game, they still havnt fixed the single player campaign stuff
    That's what I'm starting to think. But thanks guys for the information. I do like the new content so I'm really hoping you are all correct. 
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    F4U-1A and ZERO A6M2 can OS a full health tank with 2 upgraded bombs.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Arh, so it can be done then. I thought I was going mad. Thanks. I bet you can do this, and do this without a tank even being able to see it coming right?
  • IIMechatronikII
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Arh, so it can be done then. I thought I was going mad. Thanks. I bet you can do this, and do this without a tank even being able to see it coming right?
    Yes, they can OHK for sure. I got hit in this way couple of times. But what you will if you see that he is coming? I think you have only 5 seconds before hit. They don't need to OHK. Damage from 40-70 is enough to stop you. I forgot about, that you have disabled: truck and engine, truck and turret. Unfun, unplayable. Today one guy stop me in this way. He was a very bad pilot but I was a big target. Before this I was carrying sh$t team to win.  I shot him down two times but it wasn’t enough. Almost all the end of the round I spend holding X. Fliegerfaust? I think now not many players use this gadget now.

• 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vary rarely do I destroy a tank in one bomb run. And I’m good at it. FF on the other hand, I get one shot killed by them all the time. So cry me a river tank boy.
  • BlackWidow88x
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pacific Planes can't destroy Tanks in one pass, same as the Fliegerfaust can't oneshot a Plane. But many times you'll feel like getting oneshot by its, because DICE.
    Fliegergaust can most definitely one-shot a plane. I do agree that planes can't one-shot a tank.
  • BlackWidow88x
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have stationary 40mm AA, 10mm AA capable cannons, fliegerfaust, LVT AA upgrades, and fighter planes to combat annoying pilots. You need to use them more often or find yourself a squad that will support you with the previously listed armament. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    Vary rarely do I destroy a tank in one bomb run. And I’m good at it. FF on the other hand, I get one shot killed by them all the time. So cry me a river tank boy.
    At least pilots can choose when to enter the danger zone. Us tank boys don't have that luxury. Pro pilots seem immune from the FF while they go 80-0 because they live in the stratosphere.

Yes, they can OHK for sure. I got hit in this way couple of times. But what you will if you see that he is coming? I think you have only 5 seconds before hit. They don't need to OHK. Damage from 40-70 is enough to stop you. I forgot about, that you have disabled: truck and engine, truck and turret. Unfun, unplayable. Today one guy stop me in this way. He was a very bad pilot but I was a big target. Before this I was carrying sh$t team to win.  I shot him down two times but it wasn’t enough. Almost all the end of the round I spend holding X. Fliegerfaust? I think now not many players use this gadget now.

Ok, cheers for the confirmation.

I'm really struggling to see how hard it really is to spot tanks on a game mode like breakthrough on maps like iwo jima. Doesn't seem so on youtube plane footage. I'm certainly targeted loads by planes on that map, and even on pacific storm certain pilots never seemed to struggle to keep hammering me. I'm failing to see this as good game balance, how a plane can come form outside LOS, and take out a tank on full health in one run. When the FF fails vs experienced pilots and the maps provide very little fixed effective AA, and a rubbish LVT AA setup. 

This is the thing I found, having a pilot decide that your tank will basically be paralysed all match is so un-fun for the tanker. The tanker will spend most of the match fixing disables and chucks of health going back and forth to the local depot (if they survive), and often will not get a window to try a trick shot back. They can't engage anything because everything in this game seems to be able to nail a tank or take a chunk out of it leaving it disabled, so add the plane guy spamming bombs to that. Wow, talk about fun gaming and great design.  

• LinkZeppeloyd
    957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Perhaps it's a hack then I'm running into from time to time. I'm sure you guys would have had this happen by now or been able to do this. The guy who killed me three times in a row didn't strike me as some plane pro, he actually got mashed by our sides planes but went out of his way to take my tank out.  

Ive done pretty much nothing but flying in the Pac, and I do not think its possible to kill a tank in one bombing run.

Maybe a very direct hit from a 1k? That, by the way, is extremely difficult to do with no aiming reticle and instant Flieger death upon trying to dive bomb.

PS- i love it when people who don’t fly talk about how its “so easy” to do X, Y, or Z. I bet they cant take off a runway without crashing yet they say its “so easy” lol
  • SirBobdk
    4663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I tried the 2 upgraded bombs on the Zero today. I think I destroyed 5-6 tanks. All in one run. They may have been damaged before I hit them, but I may change my mind. I will give it another try. I have tried them before with a different result.
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited November 2019
    SirBobdk said:
    I tried the 2 upgraded bombs on the Zero today. I think I destroyed 5-6 tanks. All in one run. They may have been damaged before I hit them, but I may change my mind. I will give it another try. I have tried them before with a different result.
    I did write a full response but the forum has swallowed it. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. 

I'll re-state.

Tankers can't see this happening. They are on full health and I don't think this is as hard as some think to pull off. Besides, near misses take chunks of health off the tank and give a load of disables, so a tank will basically be hugging and building depots all match in the knowledge that sooner or later they will be blown up on full health more than likely without even seeing it happen. You can't engage anything serious because the plane is re-arming. You can't fight back, you can't hide which used to be fun in games like BF1943 with real cover like forests against planes, which also had decent flack cannons, and you could jump out quick to fix, and there was no disables, less spotting, less players. 

The FF won't touch them, and because you have to hug a depot you are broken away from the majority of your team. There is no real effective ground AA, and many pilots are reluctant to even dogfight each other. 

Tanks need either a spec that reinforces the hull so they can't be taken out in one run. Or perhaps, a decent effective top gunner MG's that offers better protection, this was accurate in WWII, it was so effective it could break off a pilots attack run because they could not take that kinda firepower to the plane. Or perhaps better audio so you can hear planes, and if you pop smoke, damage from bombs and rockets is reduced while active and within the cloud.  

Post edited by MBT_Layzan on
  • MBT_Layzan
    If this guy says it can be done, I think it's safe to say it can be done. 
  • Hawxxeye
    6692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If this guy says it can be done, I think it's safe to say it can be done. 
    I need to try it out myself now. If I get some positive results I will make a video
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SirBobdk said:
    I did write a full response but the forum has swallowed it. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. 

I'll re-state.

Tankers can't see this happening. They are on full health and I don't think this is as hard as some think to pull off. Besides, near misses take chunks of health off the tank and give a load of disables, so a tank will basically be hugging and building depots all match in the knowledge that sooner or later they will be blown up on full health more than likely without even seeing it happen. You can't engage anything serious because the plane is re-arming. You can't fight back, you can't hide which used to be fun in games like BF1942 with real cover like forests against planes, which also had decent flack cannons, and you could jump out quick to fix, and there was no disables, less spotting, less players. 

The FF won't touch them, and because you have to hug a depot you are broken away from the majority of your team. There is no real effective ground AA, and many pilots are reluctant to even dogfight each other. 

Tanks need either a spec that reinforces the hull so they can't be taken out in one run. Or perhaps, a decent effective top gunner MG's that offers better protection, this was accurate in WWII, it was so effective it could break off a pilots attack run because they could not take that kinda firepower to the plane. Or perhaps better audio so you can hear planes, and if you pop smoke, damage from bombs and rockets is reduced while active and within the cloud.  

Why dont you learn planes and then complain?

In order to land bombs or rockets, you have to align your target, and strafe ground. There are maybe 3 times when I was in 90 degree angle and destroyed disabled tanks in vanilla, aside that, you got to strafe ground. Yesterday I had 46-5 k/d on Iwo Jima CQ, and I crashed 3 times my plane cause i was too close to ground, and 2 times I got KIAED by my own bombs after releasing them.

It is hard to plane and when you are saying pilots were newbs but somehow ohked your camping in tonk, doesn t make any sense to me. It is impossible for a newbie to land shots outside being in FF/AA range. Pacific maps mean FF clusterF. 
  • jroggs
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Hang on. You destroyed 5-6 tanks in "one run?" You mean one life or round? Because taking out 5-6 tanks in one bombing run would be mathematically impossible.
  • MBT_Layzan
    Forum keeps swallowing my posts. I'm not saying they are newbs by the way.