Concerns with ttk ubdate-poll

CT1924
1008 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2019
I am curious where the community stands. Please respond "A" for supporting the ttk change, "B" for don't do it. Answer "c" for unsure.
I have some concerns with this, so I answer "B".
Reasons:
1.)Fights decided by rof?- Remember Battlefront 2(EA)? That ttk was way too slow. Gub fights came down to rof, not skill. That cannot happen.
2.)Reaction time- Having reaction time is good, but I feel that there is a decent reaction time right now. A little slower(.5 seconds) would be ok...but not ideal. I deal would be .5 seconds faster.
3.)You didn't ask us- Can we please have a poll before you make drastic changes like this? To my knowledge, no one wanted this.
4.)The meta is getting good. Don't kill it, just tweak it- Also, why are you nerfing everyone but the snipers? (good call on bolt action medic guns though :smiley: ) Also, what are you doing to mag sizes? 20 round mags are dropping from a guaranteed 2 kills/mag to 1, maybe 2 with headshots. I could land 3-4 before, so large mag sizes or quick reloads could become a new, op meta...further buffing 250 round mmgs. :frowning: While their ttk will be slightly lower, assault rifles, lmgs, smgs, etc, will be affected more. The mg 42 can get a rof of 1,200. This will barely make a dent.
5.)Useless guns Lower rof guns, made for skill and accuracy, like the Bren gun(514 rof), will have very slow ttks, to the point where there will have to be no cover whatsoever if you hope to score a kill. The Madsen will be toast, it will not deal nearly enough damage.
6.)Tank buff!?- I think you just inadvertently buffed tanks, as I assume their mmg is not affected.
7.)Wait-Roll out private servers first, so the community can change the settings if we don't like it, rather than stop playing for a month.
This is just honest feedback. I am glad the devs are being bold and making meaningful changes. I just want to give input on whether or not those changes are necessarily the best possible changes.
Devs, not sure if these reasons help at all. I only play the game, I don't know how to make it.
Edit: I realize that there is a megathread, but this is intended as a poll, and a summary of why you answered how you did. Discussions in the megathread, please.
Mods, if this breaks any rules, I am sorry. I think it is different enough to warrant its own thread.
Post edited by CT1924 on

Comments

• MusicienElegant
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think I'll answer "B." But I'll need to try the changes out first.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I go with B. This change is totally unnecessary and it will 100% create some big problems in overall gun/class balance. Dice did a lot of tweaking to get classes balanced since launch, and I think they did a good job.

That said, my precious STG-44 isn't getting that much of a nerf compared to other guns, so I don't really care what happens to the rest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Post edited by YourLocalPlumber on
  • ElliotLH
    9020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    C - Purely as I want to try the changes before deciding.
  • Trokey66
    8799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Probably the only correct answer for now......
  • stringy82
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    “ B” I don’t need to try it to know I don’t want to shoot a guy 14 times to drop him no matter how fast the rof increases its just lame
  • 03MAZ995
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going with "B" as well. I'm not sure what they are thinking but the current Soumi/Thompson/STG44 meta won't be improved by these changes. I like the TTK as it is.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    B

Changing the way the game feels and plays after 1 year is out of order and not cool at all.

Disappointed (to put it mildly) DICE are doing this especially after the changes to TTK last year and the promises they would not do it again after the backlash.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Trokey66 said:
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Probably the only correct answer for now......
    I'm not going to sit on the fence to see how DICE change the game - did you not see how lasts years' changes went down - if you think this is the correct answer and it's absolutely fine then ok but it's not the correct answer as it's no answer at all.
  • Trokey66
    8799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I'm not going to sit on the fence to see how DICE change the game - did you not see how lasts years' changes went down - if you think this is the correct answer and it's absolutely fine then ok but it's not the correct answer as it's no answer at all.

Yes I did, and accepted that it was just a broad brush, initial change that on the whole made the game less frustrating. I also understood that we're it retained, additional tweaks would have been made to individual weapons where required.

As usual though, the 'community' had a hissy fit, threw their teddies out of the cot and cried and cried without giving it a reasonable chance.

This is not a case of 'sitting on the fence', it is about waiting until the full changes are implemented and then, and only then, giving considered feedback.
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I can understand how people are annoyed, as it does seem like some of the changes are a case of 'flip-flopping', from one type of game play to another - especially with the changes to spotting. It would annoy me, too, if the changes weren't so necessary. I mean, they had to do something. Because the game play in BF:V is too harsh and unforgiving on the player much of the time.

Possibly, if the game producers had not tried to change the character of Battlefield as much as they have, then they wouldn't be in this situation. But the players don't have much control over that, and as has been said before, when you please one group you also only end up annoying at least one other group of players. Planes versus AA is a perfect example of that, as is spotting or 'visibility'.

Battlefield has changed so much, not necessarily in its entirety, but it seems to go one way then another and then back again. You can apply that to almost every aspect of this game these days, from servers and server rentals to game play, and even the way we pay for the game. It's become unpredictable. I think that's probably what people mean when they say they can't 'trust' what they're going to get.

Imagine paying a reasonable price, for a finished game on the day it was released. Perhaps with a few patches and tweaks down the line. But this is a totally different situation, now. The game is changing completely as we go along. The changes are sometimes necessary but that doesn't mean that the situation that caused them to be necessary should've occurred in the first place.  :)
  • ragnarok013
    3664 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I’m a solid B don’t do it.
  • replures1
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Leave the weapons as they are. Any more ttk and might as well call this game battlefield bb gun. = B
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B!!!! It’s changing in the wrong direction! Give us hardcore servers damn it. Quit pandering to people that don’t play BF. Support you base. Such a foolish business decision
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B!!!! It’s changing in the wrong direction! Give us hardcore servers damn it. Quit pandering to people that don’t play BF. Support you base. Such a foolish business decision

This applies to roughly 95% of DICE decisions about Battlefield since the release of BF3 in 2011. Actively ignoring and sometimes directly insulting their own, actual playerbase (color tweaker, never forget) in the service of luring more and more and more and more CoD people.

And it has sort of worked, except their luring them into a vipers den because we don’t want CoD, we want BF. They want CoD dressed in BF clothing. So DICE is making no one happy.

DICE has no vision or fundamental grasp of their own game. So they can’t filter out the useless whining because they don’t know their own game. So no we get to tickle someone 13 times with tickle bullets to see if we can make the enemy laugh themselves to death.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We already have the results of the polls, as well as numerous views on the megathread, and the polls clearly show folks either want a change to the ttk and/or favor the changes. I don't know what else we could say that wasn't said. BF Players want change. 
  • Celsi_GER
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B

Do not repair something which is not broken, DICE
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i loled at "you didnt asked us" , its their game not ours , they are the developers and they have the image they want to fit the game into.

The update looks really good , i cant wait to play it! I think the devs are doing a great job and please have some respect for them, change is good. BFV's gunplay can be improved and i think the update will do just that.
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    B
    (Body is 4 characters too short.)

• barnesalmighty2
    1609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't care last time it was changed and I don't much care now. I do reserve judgement until its live and I've been able to test it out.

It would be nice if dice just sticks with whatever they decide to do and not immediately u-turn on it this time.
  • Hanzzo_TACO
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    B. This idea is terrible. Health bars are terrible. TTK should be faster if anything.