Who actually enjoys Grind and why?

BaconRebellion
2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Seriously, who actually enjoys this mode?  Its one of the worst game mode concepts introduced in BF V, and just exemplifies everything wrong with the game from highlighting how bad attrition is, to poor team balance and visibility, to the poor map design.  Seriously, who actually enjoys this mode?

Comments

• V2Face
    2677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it’s pure garbage. You will always be spotted on the mini map because a flare can light up a point so there is no real flanking. Everyone is playing selfishly so don’t expect many revives and the team with the most run in gun players will usually win and all cap. Only thing it’s good for weapon grinding and assignments so it has its place on the playlist.
  • ragnarok013
    3615 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm not a fan of Metro gameplay and Grind is simply outdoor Metro so I'm not a big fan of it either.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same people who cry that you die too fast in this game. Those who "OMG mom get the camera, I just did a backrage by killing 2 people when appearing behind their back".

And obviously those MMG kids who play with one hand on a mouse and another jacking off to their golden MG42.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same people who cry that you die too fast in this game. Those who "OMG mom get the camera, I just did a backrage by killing 2 people when appearing behind their back".

And obviously those MMG kids who play with one hand on a mouse and another jacking off to their golden MG42.
    Too true. Its funny how everyone hated the grenade spam in BF 1, yet when a mode is centered around explosive spam, and campers for BF V, everyone loses their minds, thinking this game mode is the best thing ever.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People that have zero situational awareness,zero skill and loves to camp. That's who.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I hate it because its literally just smoke grenade simulator. Like if I want to play smoke simulator i'll just got outside and have a smoke.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People that have zero situational awareness,zero skill and loves to camp. That's who.
    False. Flanking requires situational awareness.

Zergquest on the other hand
    MMqJQW.gif

To answer OP: it’s the only bf mode that should be recognized. BFVI should only release with grind. Zergquest should be a required purchase with BFC.
  • raji1980
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As long as casuals like it. You core guys are toxic as hell. If it were up to you guys bf would be boring as hell. Hopefully Dice ignores this forum.
  • BaconRebellion
    raji1980 said:
    As long as casuals like it. You core guys are toxic as hell. If it were up to you guys bf would be boring as hell. Hopefully Dice ignores this forum.
    Dont worry, DICE steers clear away from this forum.  BF doesnt need to appeal to the COD casuals.  A few objective modes, and a few casual not too serious modes is all it needs.  Breakthrough, CQ, Rush, TDM, Dom, and Frontlines is all the game needs imo for game modes, as they all offer something different and unique.  Grind just exemplifies everything wrong with BF V.
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not much fan ether, all time , it always feel even more 1 sided who winning, but also it a bit nice cause game feel a bit chaotic.
  • Hawxxeye
    6707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    It is good for doing some kind of assignments.
    Sniping enemies inside the B objective in  Undergroudn grind seems one of the few legit ways to get 10/20 headshot kills on people in objectives in a life/round thanks to those guys camping in the balcony
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    False. Flanking requires situational awareness.

Zergquest on the other hand
    MMqJQW.gif

To answer OP: it’s the only bf mode that should be recognized. BFVI should only release with grind. Zergquest should be a required purchase with BFC.

You get an upvote just for the Tecmo Bowl gif, Bo Jackson was the best.

As for grind, I like the mode. It is just mindless fun and sometimes that is all I want. Go on massive flanks and killing half the enemy team is quite fun. Do I want to play it all the time? No but I wish it was a permanent mode so I can play it when I want to.
  • UltraMG42Camper
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Grind FTW! Hope they make it perm.
  • GUTENTAAAAG
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like it either. All the tactical elements are taken away from the game. It's a huge mindless mess.
    Also I don't see what's the point of Grind on Metro. It basically conquest with the side routes (which gave some variety) closed off.
  • Blackidus
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like it either, mmg´s and shootguns everywhere.
  • Tullzter
    1180 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grind is basically what's the fastest route to cap the middle flag, once you have it, that's it it's game over for the opposing team. I mean look at Operation Underground in Grind, once a team has B, they basically won
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    its designed for all those players who lack the interest or cognitive functions to play 64-player conquest or breakthrough
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can take it in small doses, but it did feel worse last night than it was the last few times. 

It is all action, which is the only real plus about it. Lots of players are not great at it as well, so you can get kills that you maybe wouldn't in normal modes. Most players never look at the map, so flanks don't seem much harder.

I did sense that players weren't enthusiastic last night, the churn was incredible and the lobby was never full. A lot of people probably just looking for the one win to get the baseball bat, that never helps.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it is pretty much for people that want a relaxing FPS-experience without needing the need to think a lot, while also diminishing all the visibility issues. After all you only need to aim in one direction. It is pretty much just a condensed experience that already manifests itself in the gamemodes Frontlines and Breakthrough, and the Metro/Locker 64 experience with varied settings.