OOR players became a serious issue

llPhantom_Limbll
6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Honestly, I haven't been paying alot of attention to that kind of players until recently when every server I join has at least 6-7 OOR players no matter what time it is.
Today out of curiosity I tried to count the amount of them on server and both teams had 8 players with 150+ ping. And that happened at 2 pm on Saturday EU when possible lack of full servers around the world should not be an issue.
It's also extremely funny to see on the killcam how the guy is literally sliding while croutched because his latency is so high the server can't do anything about that.
I have no hope to see Dice fxing it at all but addition of ping limit would make the experience way better for everyone. Is that so much to ask?

Comments

• Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Okay.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quick match is probably the problem.  People need to use advance search.  Yeah they did remove some servers in some places.  Hopefully RSP fixes this for them missing servers in them regions.  But if them servers are removed for good.  Then RSP probably wont help much unless that server is labeled where that out of region player is from with a missing server.  Since most likely that RSP server will be out of region as well.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, it is getting out of hand and the game clearly can't handle all the compensation needed, RSP can't come fast enough so we finally canadd a ping limit or kick all those high/unstable pingers.
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes players join servers out of their region due to the lack of servers on it
  • NLBartmaN
    If there is a lack of servers, than allocate some servers to that region on a different location, but do NOT mix regions and create such huge ping differences.
  • talhaONE
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quickmatch sometimes put me on the server from other regions im from. However having 250 ping gives you more disadvantage then advantage. Your shots wont count most of the time.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I agree, it is getting out of hand and the game clearly can't handle all the compensation needed, RSP can't come fast enough so we finally canadd a ping limit or kick all those high/unstable pingers.

You will probably get ping kick on pc but I would be very surprised if Sony and Microsoft allow this feature!
  • BaronVonGoon
    7064 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hmm it's something I learned to not think about. Try to not look at the scoreboards ping section. There's really not much we can do about this.
  • NLBartmaN
    I do look at the scoreboard to determine if I will stay on that server...

More than 5 players with ping above 100 on the enemy team (or srv tick above 20ms) is instant quit
  • Hawxxeye
    7962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A couple of days ago on the other team there were like 9 Chinese of the same clan all with 160+ ping