[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WetFishDB said:
    I just bought a PlayStation 4 Pro on Black Friday for $300. I'll buy the PlayStation 5 next year too.

I just solved the cheating problem. :smile:
    Until they support FORCED cross play with PC ;)
    Never thought of that. What a total nightmare.
  • MrCamp121
    1099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Last night has been an atrocious one on PC again; every European Conquest server has atleast 2 or more blatant cheaters on it, not even trying to hide it.Getting so fed up with this BS! Reporting doesn't do anything, it's just a placebo to ease your mind of thought they'll look into it...

Same with NA servers. Nearly every server i tried had at least 1, sometimes 2 of these degenerates on them
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MrCamp121 wrote: »
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Last night has been an atrocious one on PC again; every European Conquest server has atleast 2 or more blatant cheaters on it, not even trying to hide it.Getting so fed up with this BS! Reporting doesn't do anything, it's just a placebo to ease your mind of thought they'll look into it...

Same with NA servers. Nearly every server i tried had at least 1, sometimes 2 of these degenerates on them

Experienced the opposite today for quite few rounds.

Mixed experiences as usual
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Until they support FORCED cross play with PC ;)

Been playing Call of Duty and I actually turned off cross play because of the console aim assist. Overall, the console players are worse than PC players, but it is kind of BS that they get aim assist. There are some really BS moments, where the console player litterally snaps between players. It could just be that IW has the aim assist too strong in their game. However, the majority (almost all) of the cheating has been PC players. There are some console cheaters too though, just VERY few.
  • ramawee
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Up to this day, EA/DICE did nothing to prevent cheating. 
    Nearly unplayable to go to any multiplayer server.
  • termitethomas
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do I have to be cheating to be competitive in Battlefield V?
  • termitethomas
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ramawee said:
    Up to this day, EA/DICE did nothing to prevent cheating. 
    Nearly unplayable to go to any multiplayer server.
    Let's leave origin. Money waste to buy cheating tools.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nope.
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Nope.

Does it suck to play competitively only to have your game ruined by even casual cheaters?
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Nope.

Does it suck to play competitively only to have your game ruined by even casual cheaters?

My games are hardly ever ruined. Only time they are really ruined are by rage cheaters but its takes a good 3 hours on average for me to find one.

So no not normally
  • Blackie03
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GLOBAL MSG: FAIRFIGHT Banned 348 players/132 temp bans: code 23726:
    I miss those messages..
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not normally one to complain but I played 10+ rounds today and every single round/ server had a blatant cheat in. I can live with the subtle ones as they don't make that much difference and often just make it a little more competitive but it was beyond frustrating today.

Fritz
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    It's funny, because I go over to the Call of Duty forums and they don't seem to moderate them at all, but they are banning cheaters like crazy... Then, I come here and it is the exact opposite. EA heavily moderates the forums, but does nothing about cheaters... I would MUCH rather have the Call of Duty approach. They should spend more resources on banning cheaters, but instead they are worried about "the word" getting out...

Got to give CoD credit. The game works and cheaters are being banned. Players have no need to visit the forums. Time to buy the game.
  • the_tecknoxx_
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    It's funny, because I go over to the Call of Duty forums and they don't seem to moderate them at all, but they are banning cheaters like crazy... Then, I come here and it is the exact opposite. EA heavily moderates the forums, but does nothing about cheaters... I would MUCH rather have the Call of Duty approach. They should spend more resources on banning cheaters, but instead they are worried about "the word" getting out...
    Cheater are customer too : EA probably
  • SHiFTeR
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    is EA/DICE ever get to fix the rampant hacking problem ??  let your legit player base know if you are not going fix it, so we can move on to other games !!! clean up your mess !!!

Absolutely agree. We need official statement from EA, if they will do something or not.
  • SHiFTeR
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If there's a some anti-cheat software for 5 Eur, I will buy it :D
  • Contemplator009
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    every single game has at least 1 cheater atm, game is unplayable and we're not getting any bulletin from dice/ea, failed companies
  • tigereyezz
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is actually a cheater ingame from Russia...his username ending in '1987'...ruining servers with his aimbot. Hopping from server to server to kill every game. I have seen him on 5-6 servers today. He must have like 100+ reports on him...you might have seen him by now. A team of like 3(!) ppl at DICE or EA could handle lowlifes like him, if they were willing to pay them 1000 bucks a month handling the cheaters with most reports. 

Are they really THAT greedy to wait for private servers for ppl to solve problems like this? Is it THAT hard to ban blatant aimbotters having dozens or hundreds of reports on them? Even taunting ppl in chat?

GG DICE/EA...GG
  • Revolver1274
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My BFV experience has been completely ruined due to the increased frequency is blatant cheaters occupying servers. You have players who are CLEARLY cheating by just a quick observation of how they are playing and their insane K/D ratio. Anti-cheat software is a pipe-dream. I would like EA to answer this simple question:

Why don't you have a a group of people simply play on servers looking to encounter people who are cheating. and when they find a player who is clearly cheating with 60 kills and 1 death for example, that players account becomes banned along with his IP?

I always dealt with cheaters, but the frequency has gotten so out-of-control my experience has been RUINED!!!  EA MUST do something effective to solve this SCURGE!

I would gladly donate a small amount of time each week to point out cheaters if I knew progress would be made.
This discussion has been closed.