Is the War in the Pacific the last of the content?

2»

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Forgot about that one. So yeah, 2 maps confirmed right now. I'm fairly certain there will be more but as of right now we don't know in what form any new content beyond that will take.

Is this Wake Island or a 4th Pacific map?
    Wake Island and a 4th map we only know as "Jungle" at the moment.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    If they follow the battlefront 2 support model, you'll get 1 map a year and no new weapons.

You're grossly exaggerating. Battlefront 2 has gotten much more content than this.

I think "much more" is an exaggeration. Haven't they added only about 4 maps two of which were recycled from Battlefront 1 and one is mode specific? On top of that they've only added in cosmetics and four(?) New heroes. Hardly a cascade of content. I think Battlefront 2 is more worth the money now, but that's how these type of games work. Wait two years until all content is released and bugs are worked out and price is at 80% off... downside is population of servers at that point.

Go to wikipedia and read the list of post launch content. It's a big long list, with some pretty consistent time periods between content periods.

I don't understand why anyone would be upset with them modeling their support after SWBF2. We've already gotten bigger content drops, and if those are going to continue as long as SWBF2 was recieving content (there's MORE content coming for it next month apparently), then hope could that be a bad thing?

1.5 more years of big DLC drops every 3 months sounds great to me.

I dont like it because you "get what you pay for" and if you arent paying for more than base game there is no guarantee that you will gain anything other than bug fixes or cosmetic money sinks for the life of the game. RSP was promised for BFV, how long will we have to wait for that? 1 or 2 years?

Rented servers very rarely tracked stats, contributed to rank, or allowed achievements, because they most often had settings that put them in the "unranked" server class. I almost never played on rented servers because of this, almost exclusively on DICE servers. I expect the same for BF5, and because of that I have almost no excitement for RSP to launch.

And I still like the fact that the freemium content model has saved me $40, and will make sure I don't have 12 add on maps that don't have any servers running them.

Personal preference though it seems

On that we can agree. You can prefer live service model, I enjoy premium/season pass. I simply see it so far as them stretching things out to see how far they can go with as little as possible. Hopefully you enjoy the game, and I mean that seriously, but I and many others would like a more concrete idea of what's in store.
  • xeNizKing
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    If you bothered to use a search engine, you'd see that the info you're after is readily available.

Wow.

Ignore that person friend, this is where your supposed to be able ask questions.

"There is no such thing as a bad question."
    There is such thing as a bad question when something called google exists, especially when the answer to said question shows up in the top 1-5 responses.
    Yes yes we should just stop communicating altogether and submit ourselves to our google overlords.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island is TOW week 7.  That Thursday is December 12.  But my guess the patch is that Tuesday and we get Wake Island on the 10th of December.

• Matty101yttam
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    If you bothered to use a search engine, you'd see that the info you're after is readily available.

Really? Then why is yellow whenever i'm not?
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Really? Then why is yellow whenever i'm not?

Depends on your perception of reality. Does yellow cease to be when you also cease to be? Or does it persist beyond your senses ability to pick it up? Can something exist, when there are no senses to record its existence? How could it?

:wink:
  • bfloo11111111111
    219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    (Quote)
    If they follow the battlefront 2 support model, you'll get 1 map a year and no new weapons.

Haven’t played bfv?
    I tried the beta and early access.  I didn't enjoy either and gave it a pass.

Now I pop on the forums on occasion to see if it is worth another look, but so far no just skimming through.
  • doctorrocktor
    1946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice have said on reddit they will support bfv to the end of 2021,american snow trench coats were datamined,so who knows maybe battle of the bulge.
  • G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It should be, DICE needs to do something else.
    Maybe a Tetris clone or something , should be easy enough to not screw up.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well with Bad Company 3 delayed until late 2021 or early 2022.  BF5 is all we got.  So they must stretch the content now.  Also Wake Island almost here.  Besides Jungle map in 2020.  Then who knows what we get after that.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    with all the hiding on ps, they should make a vietnam map and bundle blindfolds 

maybe change the sandbag color to grey so you can actually see a tan outfit laying next to them? i dunno 
  • chinook240
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wow.

Ignore that person friend, this is where your supposed to be able ask questions.

Unfortunately on this forum there is such a thing as a bad question, try asking about cheating, oops, sorry.!