It's a Good Game - I am Having Fun

Ameriken05
451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It's been a bit of a rough road this past year but have been having a lot of fun in BFV lately.  Good matches, good squads, good teamwork, epic moments.  This is the first BF in a while where I've found a purpose to play every class and I'm using multiple weapons based on map/situation.  There is decent map variety (of course favorites and not so favorites), but more importantly with the removal of a premium wall I'm able to play through a full map playlist of full games/servers.

Of course there is a lot of room to improve on this game, and of course it missed on a lot of big potential (particularly Grand Ops) - but I am having fun and I have more faith now than I did a few months ago that this is going to continue to evolve into a classic WW2 game.  I'm stoked about the Pacific and I do believe we will get more epic fronts/content in the coming year.  A big win will be RSP, maybe getting full Rush back, and man am I holding out hope they overhaul Grand Ops...

It's a good game, I'm having fun. 

Comments

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 player here, i die in one frame and at cover since launch, nothing has changed since ... , TTK is just too fast for 30hz console's servers...  There is a lack of 3D spot especialy in plane ( distant haze added after the beta has completly destroy graphisme on console and it's very difficult to see ground target ). 
    Headshot damage too high, headshot hitbox aretoo big, attrition is not fun and audio mix is still crap ... 
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im having fun too,  really enjoy it.
    Keep on keeping on.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PS4 player here, i die in one frame and at cover since launch, nothing has changed since ... , TTK is just too fast for 30hz console's servers...  There is a lack of 3D spot especialy in plane ( distant haze added after the beta has completly destroy graphisme on console and it's very difficult to see ground target ). 
    Headshot damage too high, headshot hitbox aretoo big, attrition is not fun and audio mix is still crap ... 
    I'm on Xbox - I have not had many instances of getting killed behind cover, though will admit it happens from time to time.  As far as TTK I know it's quick, but frankly I'm a fan of the first guy getting the jump and 90% of the time getting the kill (as opposed to some side-stepping halo hopping juke, 360 headshot) - so it becomes a bit more about eyes on a swivel and being aware of flanks, which likewise presents more opportunities to successfully flank the enemy yourself.  I was not aware of the 3D spotting issue in the plane, but I'm otherwise a fan of the new spotting system in the game as it puts a higher priority on recon tools, suppression/spotting bonus, and in a squad you can use spotting for more than just pointing out individual soldiers (I only wish squad leader spotting markers could be seen by the larger team).  As far as attrition, on a good server there is constant resupplying and usually good response to ammo/health requests.  Depending on the game mode it usually just takes a routine of stocking up at a nearby ammo/health point before driving on to the next objective (and you have to think more about your shots as opposed to just throwing lead and adding to that TTK angst).   

The biggest problem to me (and it has plagued ALL BFs) is server balance.  BFV and previous titles shine on a well-balanced, evenly matched server with more players PTFO than not.  It can be a complete cluster and agonizing hell on servers that are the opposite.  I'm not sure DICE can ever work their away around that because in end it comes down to player behavior, though I guess they could always do more to reward PTFO behavior and maybe balance class counts.  

I don't know... I'm just seeing a lot of good firefights, good struggles over objectives, good teamwork, and some pretty epic BF moments.  Definitely room for improvement but it's really starting to come together with added content.  Just an opinion, I know.
  • ackers75
    2508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason some people don’t get shot behind cover is due to them having high pings.
    How this is still a thing is baffling
  • DaMutha1
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Headshot damage too high".  LMAO, that's a new one.
  • BrianLocal1
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it truely is a great game in it's own right.  It's not BF1, it's not COD, it's unique in it's own ways and takes a little getting used to if you expected more BF1.
  • Ameriken05
    Yeah it truely is a great game in it's own right.  It's not BF1, it's not COD, it's unique in it's own ways and takes a little getting used to if you expected more BF1.
    Yeah I definitely didn't want this game to be BF1.  I loved BF1.  I loved BF3 and BF4, but I wanted this game to be uniquely WW2.  Starting with battles of 1940 was questionable, but I suppose as long as we get more it could work out.  I've had a lot of angst with this game over the past year, particularly about missing content, missing features, weak Grand Ops - but all I know is that now when I jump on a Breakthrough or Conquest server I'm usually having a lot of fun.  And Pacific has me hyped, and I think the game is going to only going to get better.  I remember how we all felt about BF4 in the second year versus the first year - and I'm getting that feeling again.

• Ameriken05
    DaMutha1 said:
    "Headshot damage too high".  LMAO, that's a new one.
    LOL yeah I thought the same...
  • StgGorman
    61 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Hey, also wanted to drop in, - was absent for quite a while doing some other games - now i came back to BF5

with the new content the game is sersiouly loveable, i like the new maps and stuff - looks great as alwayys. it starts feeling like a BF now.
    Note: i also like the old maps, very much, but now there more diversion and the new maps have the BF 42 feeling kinda.
    im still fascinated how gorgerous this game looks, and i LOVE the way the player can move over obstacles using "jump". you cant imagine how bad other games work on this matter.

i feel really entertained, so nice game. the only thing i "hate" is leveling up my guns and stuff - but after all it seems to happen pretty quick anyways.

so i guess this game, despite all the hate in forum, (hint: there is no good game where this is not the case - bf5 has also the problem that it is competition based, so theres is also a good load of frustrtation kicking in sometimes.) will become a real classic
    keep on the good job :)
  • Godmodegta
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game is doing a lot better compare too launch release. :)
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The Pacific patch is what should have been BFV at official release. Although the Pre-Order bonus for BFV is totally crap, but i'm glad that i stick with this game through high and low.

Have a good laugh when i kill 2 people with Smoke grenade last night in Iwo Jima, lol.
  • normzzzzzy
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    The Pacific patch is what should have been BFV at official release. Although the Pre-Order bonus for BFV is totally crap, but i'm glad that i stick with this game through high and low.

Have a good laugh when i kill 2 people with Smoke grenade last night in Iwo Jima, lol.

This.

Too be fair though... all the maps we have now should’ve been there on release.

Now that we have the Pacific maps and the Americans in the game I think it’s about time we got some D-day related content.