The recent survey focus on cosmetic gimmicks indicate that BFV is a lost cause.

2»

Comments

• Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »
    (Quote)
    when has BF ever been about authenticity ffs? BF1942 (you know, the first game) had jetpacks. BF2 had dolphin diving. BF2142 had hover tanks and mechs

catch yourself on pal

Authenticity not realism. There is a difference.
    Battlefields never been authentic either, 1942 had jet packs and other ridiculous **** wonder weapons. 
    What people arre trying to say is that they want the ww2 story...everyone has in their head a scene of what ww2 is like, and that's what they want in a game.
    Wars are just stories to most people, and just like with any book to movie/game if they alter and change stuff then it's no longer the same thing. You can easily see it with people saying the game doesn't feel like ww2.

Yeah because the game doesn't fit some arbitrary and equally incorrect preconceived notion of WWII. "the game doesn't feel like WW2". Every time people try to make the ridiculous claim of authenticity, immersion blah blah blah. Then when they get called out they just keep shifting the goal post. Historical accuracy->immersion->authenticity->muh feels etc etc.  
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah because the game doesn't fit some arbitrary and equally incorrect preconceived notion of WWII. "the game doesn't feel like WW2". Every time people try to make the ridiculous claim of authenticity, immersion blah blah blah. Then when they get called out they just keep shifting the goal post. Historical accuracy->immersion->authenticity->muh feels etc etc.  

Nah it just makes a lousy WW2 game when they just port a bunch of assets from the WW1 game (and a number of those were questionable choices even for that game, actually absurd in a WW2 scenario). Then they focused on a bunch of who cares battles of little significance (most of which they had to exaggerate to actually provide battlefield style gameplay) and only provided 2 factions to play as for almost a year. It was literally a bad WW2 game and stitching the Pacific theater to it a year later still leaves 1/3 of the conflict missing.
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Pyr0Plazma wrote: »
    (Quote)

For me it just didnt feel like the stories my grandfather's told me about. One of my grandfather's was in the Navy in the Pacific and the other was all the way from Dday up to the end of the war. Both of them told me stories that were not overly lavished with embellishments and false information. That's how I learned about the war. Both of my grandfather's were also German and the one that fought in Germany ended up basically going back to his family hometown at one point and got to see his cousins.

I dont think most people who have issues with this games "feel" are that way because the women or the weird uniforms. I think it just outright failed to capture most people's attention and make them feel like they were living out or feeling what their fathers or grandfathers or great grandfathers went through. Not trying to be disrespectful, if you enjoy the game that's great and I'm glad you got your money's worth. For me I had to do a hard pass on this game because it felt like they were trying to use my family's history to say something or symbolize something (not to mention horrible bugs and balancing).
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday I died twice because of animations. Yes, BFV has alot of gimmicky crap.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yesterday I died twice because of animations. Yes, BFV has alot of gimmicky crap.

Animations are, and will always be nothing more than a gimmick.
    The fact they added so many whilst also pushing a game where you can die in a split second just shows how clueless and disjointed the devs were.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sick of Elites being shoved down my throat with zero option to earn them in game like was promised.

• TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sick of Elites being shoved down my throat with zero option to earn them in game like was promised.

It was never promised.

Also, the people upset about pixels on a screen. No wonder gaming is where it’s at.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    So some people received an e-mail asking them to participate in a survey, about cosmetics. 

If the cosmetics cost money, then surely this shows us that EA/Dice are looking to extract more money from the gamers ? 

Regards,
    Shadders_X. 
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    when has BF ever been about authenticity ffs? BF1942 (you know, the first game) had jetpacks. BF2 had dolphin diving. BF2142 had hover tanks and mechs

catch yourself on pal

Authenticity not realism. There is a difference.
    Battlefields never been authentic either, 1942 had jet packs and other ridiculous **** wonder weapons. 
    What people arre trying to say is that they want the ww2 story...everyone has in their head a scene of what ww2 is like, and that's what they want in a game.
    Wars are just stories to most people, and just like with any book to movie/game if they alter and change stuff then it's no longer the same thing. You can easily see it with people saying the game doesn't feel like ww2.

Peoples notion of ww2 while not entirely accurate is more accurate than whats been given...it is nowhere near "equally" incorrect.
    They aren't shifting the goal posts, they are just trying to get people to understand that they want something closer to reality than further from it, unfortunately other people refuse to see that there may be others who have different but valid pov...that seem to think that because say a reload isn't accurate or a game design decision to have respawns rather than 1 life etc...that the game should abandon everything it says it's based on and it will be fine to go full muppet mode.

Whenever you design a story or a setting, it needs to be very...i wouldn't say strict...maybe crisp is a better word, with what it's putting across and once it has that crisp nature then you bring out its strengths to make something tangible...to make whats unreal suddenly become believable and give your imagination a chance to fill the gaps.
    You can see this in the wolfenstein series...also set in ww2 but absolutely nowhere near based on reality, they get away with that because the differences between other ww2 stories/reality are pushed so strongly and so far that it very much has that feeling of ww2 but not ww2.
    This game doesn't do that....it's setting is fuzzy...and it's done so on purpose for mass appeal and the ability for more marketable options, they want the fortnight kids as much as the realistic/sim game players. Previous bf's kept their setting in check, this one does not....but the change in setting also hasn't been changed so strongly to make an equally believable alternate storyline, but likewise it's not close enough to the 'default' ww2 story to let people fill in the blanks with that instead.

Another example of this is bf 2142....the setting is scifi/semi futuristic, people would have no problem if they made that because of it's very crisp/strong setting it would mean from the outset it either is your thing or it's not. It does not skirt this very fuzzy line with an actual war setting with a few details changed.
  • L3wY_9507
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Where is this survey?

I got an Email link from EA.
    I didn't get the email. Can you send me the link in PM? I would like to read that survey.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    L3wY_9507 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I didn't get the email. Can you send me the link in PM? I would like to read that survey.

Unfortunately, the link now says 'survey closed'.

Perhaps check your notification settings on your EA account.
  • ragnarok013
    3967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    (Quote)

catch yourself on pal

Battlefield has always been on the authenticity kick and authenticity has historically been cited in COD vs Battlefield arguments for years. The jet pack was a secret weapons of WWII expansion which was if memory serves me right the final expansion pack of BF1942 as a fun end of life reference to the German V-weapons program. Then BF4 repeated the final expansion fun with Final Stand’s homage to BF2142. Even with these expansions they maintained a visual fidelity to authenticity until BF5 jumped onto the Live Service train.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Sweet another “cosmetic” related thread.

If people weren’t complaining about “cosmetic” features the same people would be complaining about paying £40 a “premium pass”

Can’t win
  • ragnarok013
    3967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2019
    superteds said:
    While I enjoy BFV, maybe not as much as other BF games, I do miss how BF used to be about authenticity. Now sometimes while playing I feel I’m playing a game made for under age kids.

catch yourself on pal
    Always remember, authenticity/historical accuracy never mattered until POC and women started appearing. No coincidence there...

Pyr0Plazma That’s not true at all people criticized gold weapon skins in BF1 and we had POCs in many games before BF5. The assault in BF3 was black after the beta, we had the MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition) in BF2, we had the Chinese in BF4 and the Turks and the black German soldier in BF1 as well as Russian Female Snipers in BF1.

Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:
    While I enjoy BFV, maybe not as much as other BF games, I do miss how BF used to be about authenticity. Now sometimes while playing I feel I’m playing a game made for under age kids.

catch yourself on pal
    Always remember, authenticity/historical accuracy never mattered until POC and women started appearing. No coincidence there...

Pyr0Plazma That’s not true at all people criticized gold weapon skins in BF1 and we had POCs in many games before BF5. The assault in BF3 was black after the beta, we had the MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition) in BF2, we had the Chinese in BF4 and the Turks and the black German soldier in BF1 as well as Russian Female Snipers in BF1.

Not to mention the fact that the only popular mods of note on those older games were ones that brought them closer to reality, i mean it doesn't take a genius to understand that war games will attract military enthusiasts that want to experience those wars in game form as close to reality as possible.
  • DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

BF2 Special forces also had Chinese and BF Vietnam had Vietnamese.