minor stutters?

charbel1011
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Can someone please confirm if they are getting minor stutters or is it only me ? i have 2080 ti,i9 9900k,32gb ram. my pc is top notch for this game. i play on 3440x1440. 120hz., my fps limited to 117 with riva tuner. i have v sync off in game. gpu memory restriction off in game. and future rendering is on. i have latest nvidia drivers. and i have the latest update in windows. my sound card is updated. what in the world im supposed to do more to make this game works smoothly?

Comments

• Jinko_itx
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    turn ON gpu restricted memory in the game settings, besides that you will get a few stutters in the beginning of the match, its a bug with DX 12 but it does go away after a few, and turning on gpu restricted memory will get rid of microstuttering if you have that
  • CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx said:
    turn ON gpu restricted memory in the game settings, besides that you will get a few stutters in the beginning of the match, its a bug with DX 12 but it does go away after a few, and turning on gpu restricted memory will get rid of microstuttering if you have that
    You don't have to turn on GPU restricted memory when using a 2080TI. Turning it on will lower performance (probably not much but anyway) and is only for GPUs with much less VRAM than the 2080TI.

The microstutter can be a lot of issues. Try using DX12 without FF on, this runs very well without constant microstutter. But DX12 microstutters until all shaders are compiled and in theory this can happen over a full map rotation (where it stutters shortly when drawing new objects for the first time).

Otherwise check for standby-memory issues, software running in the background etc etc.
  • SystemicProgress
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is hard to tell what is causing your issues, but here are few recommendations to consider from a graphical settings standpoint.I personally wouldn't use riva tunner for GPU limit as I have never seen benefits using this. I always want my GPU to run as fast as possible. Your call. The way I got my BFV to become fully stable at refresh rate 144hz was to enable v-sync in-game and leave on (let application decide setting) in nvidia control panel(i also have a g-sync compatible monitor) and enable triple buffering (in nvidia control panel). Super smooth experience. 

If your problem is windows system / hardware related (drivers, overheating, timers, telemetry, services, tasks), then those should be addressed / tweaked as  well. The game is pretty stable now (after all the dice patches, tweaks and updates) to put a blame on it.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Jinko_itx said:
    You don't have to turn on GPU restricted memory when using a 2080TI. Turning it on will lower performance (probably not much but anyway) and is only for GPUs with much less VRAM than the 2080TI.

Right.  So to limit the game to using only the 2080's memory, you turn ON GPU restricted memory.  On=restrict memory use to the GPU.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CSO7777 said:
    Jinko_itx said:

Right.  So to limit the game to using only the 2080's memory, you turn ON GPU restricted memory.  On=restrict memory use to the GPU.
    Exactly.

Turning it off would allow for the gpu to use a little from the PC's ram and send it to the gpu afaik,  Ram speed is far quicker than Vram.

• CSO7777
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Jinko_itx said:

GPU memory restriction is for GPU with low amounts of VRAM. A 2080TI has plenty and will never run out of VRAM when playing BFV, not even in 4K.

Look at this: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/battlefield_v_pc_performance_review/11
  • Jinko_itx
    775 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    CSO7777 said:
    Jinko_itx said:

GPU memory restriction is for GPU with low amounts of VRAM. A 2080TI has plenty and will never run out of VRAM when playing BFV, not even in 4K.

Look at this: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/battlefield_v_pc_performance_review/11

as long as you have 4 gig of VRAM or more, its best to keep gpu restricted memory on, theres no need to share your system memory to your video card, it will only cause microstutter