[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2019
    vcm0x said:
    it's easy  to stop the cheaters -- just sue the cheat makers.

World of Warcraft, for example, was heavily botted many years ago so what did they do? they sued the hell out of the makers of HonorBuddy and that was the end of it. no need for anti cheat if you go straight for the source's jugular.
    I don't know much about suing. But I just think that somewhere at the heart of this is a perverse shift in the definition of what is 'fair', and the way that game producers fear the word 'discrimination'. Could there be some completely immoral, perverse and psychopathic reasoning within the gaming industry where cheating is seen as fair? Do they think that cheating 'levels the playing field'? Hacking is clearly criminal behaviour but I've yet to learn of anyone getting banged up for ruining the games of potentially millions of people.
  • Blackie03
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I got a feeling we are all being ignored here because the next BF generation will be streamed by subscription , not bought.
    And there will be no way to add cheats so it will be cheat free.

So they just want to save $ and get through BFV and they know were all gonna subscribe to the next BF anyway!
  • supawogman
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    cheating is still an issue with Battlefield V and fairfight is clearly not working as intended.
    Post edited by supawogman on
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2019
    warslag wrote: »
    Could there be some completely immoral, perverse and psychopathic reasoning within the gaming industry where cheating is seen as fair?

No, it all boils down to money. Fighting cheaters costs time and money. Some companies are willing to invest more time and money than others.

I'd rank EA lower than Epic, Ubisoft, and PUBG when it comes to anti cheat investment. The other 3 publishers take legal action against cheat makers, while EA does not.

Which is why there's more cheat software available to download for EA games.
    I don't agree about Ubisoft being better than EA in their anti-cheat efforts. R6:Siege is completely rife with cheating on PC much more so I would think than in BF:V. When you consider that Siege has such small teams of only 5 vs 5 then cheating has an even greater impact. But when I play Siege on PC I encounter cheats in almost every single match and more often than not more than one on each team. Plus it took a recent BBC investigation to prompt Ubisoft into action over cheating. Even then Ubisoft cannot do anything until the case is settled when the cheat producer is forced to reveal how they hacked Siege and their methodology. We know this for certain because their cheats are still evident in the game, therefore Ubisoft and their anti-cheat clearly has no idea how to discover them. The BBC report revealed that more than 30% of games players use cheats: "The most recent survey suggests that around a third of gamers admit to using them (cheats) to improve their chances online."
    Post edited by warslag on
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    [Post removed due to discussing moderation ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13844 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @ColesFlexili
    Please do not discuss moderation as doing so violates the forum rules.

Feel free to participate in the discussion without breaking the rules.

Thanks.
  • SpoolaZ
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    There is also a difference in how cheat providers act between Ubi and EA and their AC. Games with EAC and BE have forced the cheat sellers to sell cheats only to invited ones. While it is completely free to choose any cheat you can find, for BF titles. Maybe not games with PB as it seems to have worked better than before, lately.
    Forget about changes regarding any anti-cheat, they are more than happy with what FF is doing.
    Speaking of time and money. At most you will get admin-controlled servers, where you are responsible for all the time spent catching cheaters. Where the slimmest cheaters still slip through, wasted time and in the end your own spend time. And why would they spend money, your paid money on an AC, when they can instead go to shareholders and the corporate top, as long as cash flow is stable. They only change their focus if it affects the businesses, when it comes to cheating, it doesn't seem to have affected them.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the thing about that fake reload  after firing a googolplex of bullets it isn't very convincing when the reload is a click   and  a stream of bullets' instead of a lar de dar  please wait to die…   
  • DancesWthMice
    120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    First of all: Thank you EA for making this thread. In the last couple of monthly surveys I personally have requested the ability to discuss cheating on these forums, and I suppose others have too. It’s great to see you guys act on the feedback. Thanks!

As for cheating, I think the size of the problem is being vastly overestimated by a lot of players.
    I squad with a guy who is a former FPS pro gamer, and in almost every single round he is accused of cheating.
    Lots of “average Joe” players I think are not aware how absolutely crazy good some people are at the game.
    I do not mean this in an arrogant way; I am an average Joe player myself.

Suggestion:

It would be helpful I think if EA/DICE could facilitate some kind of master class to educate people on how good some people just are.

Example: Place video cameras in the same room as a super skilled player and then record while that player plays a full round of Conquest or whatever. Then make a Youtube video with the full recording. 
    EDIT: Cameras are to show 100% proof that the player is not using cheats.

The goal would be to educate us players of how insanely fast the best players can react + how they know exactly where to look for enemies, how they are aware of spawn points of the map etc.

Hopefully a project like that would mean people in-game would be more inclined to accept they simply died to a better player instead of almost automatically yelling cheater on chat.

PS. This is not meant to say there are no cheaters in BFV. Obviously there is. But just as it is a problem when someone is cheating, it is also a problem when an honest player gets wrongly accused of cheating. For the very good players this happens almost every round. Imagine if it was you that was wrongly accused almost every round. Can you see how annoying and unfair that must feel like?

I get accused quite a bit. Good players know it comes with the territory. We deal with it.

The best independent stats from anonymous surveys regarding online cheating put the percentage around 33%(see Forbes & BBC recent articles).

Curbing false accusations definitively begins and ends with REAL anticheat measures. FairFight is not such a tool, but we all know that.

• Pordigy86
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am playing Battlefield V everyday.. so this is what i do usually..

Join game, wait for loading screen, ask in game if there's cheater or check k/d on scoreboard, found cheater, leave game, wait for loading screen, rejoin new server, repeat.. as report isn't working at all.. Met the same cheater with aimbot, wallhack after 2131667571627836123 players reported him..

my question is.. will there be any fixes to this ? as im getting more and more and more annoyed.. seriously.. veryyyyyyyy annoyingggggggggggggg.. extremely seriously serious le serious.. very.. serious..
  • MrCamp121
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pordigy86 wrote: »
    I am playing Battlefield V everyday.. so this is what i do usually..

Join game, wait for loading screen, ask in game if there's cheater or check k/d on scoreboard, found cheater, leave game, wait for loading screen, rejoin new server, repeat.. as report isn't working at all.. Met the same cheater with aimbot, wallhack after 2131667571627836123 players reported him..

my question is.. will there be any fixes to this ? as im getting more and more and more annoyed.. seriously.. veryyyyyyyy annoyingggggggggggggg.. extremely seriously serious le serious.. very.. serious..

Nope. Im about to uninstall tbh. Tired of cheaters, tired of forced gameplay, tired of garbage map rotations etc.
  • therealstorey
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    This is game's cheating is such complete [removed] joke. Seriously the cheating is getting worse not better. BF developers you suck. 

• RaD1oMan
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's obvious that DICE just doesn't care about cheating.  They don't. If they did, they would have addressed this issue by now.  It's worse than ever. And they do NOTHING.  This thread is all for nothing. 
  • TheLimpy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All of this is just lip service to the simple fact:  EA/DICE took a ton of our money for a "TRIPLE A TITLE" but cannot or will not stop hacking that obviously is the worst issue players face in Battlefield V.  I have played every Battlefield title to date starting with the Battlefield 1942 mpdemo and the level of blatant cheating is this game is completely unacceptable.  Battlefield Play4free i expected some cheating as it was a "FREE" to play game minus the cash grab micro transactions.  But this is supposed to be a polished title.  PLEASE, for the love of god stop worrying about skins and elite sets and do your best to stop the hacking that is destroying what would otherwise be one of the greatest FPS gaming experiences available hands down.   Thank you for you time although i will not hold my breath
  • TheLimpy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and to volbankers post ahead of mine i will say this:  I have been hackusated many times by new players but that is not uncommon as i have played so many hours of battlefield games.  The way to fix the situation is BY NO MEANS to educate new players that "GOOD" players are not hacking.  It is the game developers DUTY to put anti cheat measures in place that will stop the influx of players accusing everyone of hacking who is legitimate.  It is not your job to show players who is GOOD, it is your job to stop players who CHEAT
  • MrCamp121
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Joined first game of the day .2 members of the same platoon of aimbotters killed it. No [removed] clue how you people dont solve this issue. Absolute worthless companies
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Bryjo3
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am done with this game. Maybe done with PC altogether once PS5 comes out. I can't take this BS anymore, not only the blatant aimbots (which there are many and many more recently with the Pacific) but it's the players that are either walling or absurdly good that I can't tell the difference. Is mouse control and better graphics/framerates worth dealing with cheaters all the time? I used to think it was.
  • Hawxxeye
    6870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another thing that probably adds to the difficulty to pinpoint cheaters is all these creatins making false reports because someone is better than them.
    I now combine my cheat reports with video proof to make them stand out
  • Mr_Wookloaf
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want to go on a long time about Cheaters, because they are already taking up way too much of our precious time. 

I only get to play once a week for a few hours, and Battlefield has always been my go to, it's just got that spark that I love.. But when I finally get to play, and there is 1 player in the game, actively holding back the entire team, it gets frustrating. Just played Iwo Jima Breakthrough and our team grinded so admireably to the finally point on top of the hill, only to have 1 player stand there with a STG.44 and defend the hill single handedly, ending the round with a 98-2. I know i'm just beating the same drum as every other frustrated player, but there needs to be some more immediate solution for this type of player. 

What I think is the most reasonable solution is pushing Custom Servers to the top of the To-Do list at Dice and letting whomever is in charge of said server call a vote for the removal of the player. It's not a complete fix to a already over-whelming issue, but at least it would allow players a chance to enjoy the game without cheaters ruining it for literally everyone else.