More waterboarding assignments...

Hawxxeye
6551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
After I finished the masteries for the 3 primary bolt action rifles for the recon, I thought I had left the worst assignments behind me.
But now while leveling the jungle carbine to 10 and doing the proficiency assignments which are lite versions of the masteries I came upon this gem: 
PvP kills on enemies beyond 75m..............for a low-ish velocity rifle.............. that loses the ability to OHK headshot after 100m.
While the proficiency one has a cumulative option I am sure that the mastery will have the "in a life" and "in a round" option only.
So I will be having to find 10 to 20 players daft enough to stay still in an exposed place between 76 and 100 meters within a round...
To quote levelcap on that type of assignments:
Whoever wrote the Boys AT assignment where you have to get 30 kills at over 100m can eat a sausage. What was your job before working at Dice, waterboarding expert?
Does DICE wants people to killtrade with a friend or to buy a second copy of the game to killtrade with themselves or a loved one so badly?

Comments

• Rab4tZ
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Done it in the first round, with the jungle carbine it's pretty easy to do this. Its nothing compared to 20 HSK in the Area with BAR's
  • Hawxxeye
    6551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Rab4tZ said:
    Done it in the first round, with the jungle carbine it's pretty easy to do this. Its nothing compared to 20 HSK in the Area with BAR's
    Perhaps I was doing it in the wrong mode then (conquest)
  • Rab4tZ
    Had completed it on Arras Conquest, the map is perfekt for this range.
  • Hawxxeye
    Rab4tZ said:
    Had completed it on Arras Conquest, the map is perfekt for this range.
    thanks for the heads up, I will try, though it is more likely that you just had the perfect enemies that round ;)
  • olavafar
    2061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still think the MAB kills > 30m is the one that I most far from doing. After that comes the last gold plate assignments for SLR and Semi-autos as well as the last gold plates for the assault rifles which has the infamous 'while attacking an objective' condition. All of these are highly situational and needs some focus on doing them rather than just 'play the game'.

I did not find the Jungle carbine very hard to fully gold plate. I was done at below the Expert dog tag. Normally I use up most of the 600 kills for the Mastery dog tag before I gold plate a gun (depends a bit on how focused I am on the assignments or if I play more to win rounds.)
  • Rab4tZ
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    thanks for the heads up, I will try, though it is more likely that you just had the perfect enemies that round ;)

Yeah I thaught that too, after completed the assignment in the first try :smile:
  • The_BERG_366
    2494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    worst i did so far was boys AT rifle kills over 100 meters. Was raging non-stop because i had to stand still for so long and go for a headshot at long range, making myself a super easy target. 
  • Hawxxeye
    worst i did so far was boys AT rifle kills over 100 meters. Was raging non-stop because i had to stand still for so long and go for a headshot at long range, making myself a super easy target. 
    Yes this is the reason behind me doing that ridiculous shot too.
    Then the knowledge that one can progress the assignment by using bombers due to a bug spread and saved my soul.
  • ElliotLH
    8795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    All assingments should have an option to complete without have to do it with one life or one round. For example if an regular assingment want 10 kills in life and 20 kills in round it also should include 100 kills.

Not everyone are good in this game.

Agree 100%.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol at having a gold gun anyhow 
  • Hawxxeye
    talhaONE said:
    All assingments should have an option to complete without have to do it with one life or one round. For example if an regular assingment want 10 kills in life and 20 kills in round it also should include 100 kills.

Not everyone are good in this game.
    It is not even about being good at the game, but being at the right place at the right time with the right enemies
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I find in funny they are changing the TTK because people use weapons beyond there intended ranges, and yet you have stupid assignments like get 25 kills per round with the Mab past 30meters.

So many of these assignments go against the intended play style of these weapons. 

• hkspm123
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not as bad as u thought , it just very annoying 
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    The most absurd ones are the Semi-auto masteries in the assault class. 10 HS-Kills while on an objective in one LIFE or 20 in a Round. this is so insanely difficult and unreasonable. YOU have to be on spot and 10 nemies have to come to you and you have to HS them with a weapon that takes 3 or in some cases 4 freaking HS to kill and cant shoot straight for 2 consecutive shots. NO WAY.
    wait for the fortress mode to get the sniper masteries. Grind last week was good for that too
  • M_Rat13
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For the Jungle Carbine, make sure to have the HV rounds spec. It really helps.
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I would love to meet who designed the Assignments for SLRs and SARs and ask him/her/them how many guns that they complete the Mastery Assignment because it's god awful.
    Battlefield V weapon assignment system is the worst i ever see. Some Assignment is as dumb as destroy a behemoth with the Kolibri in BF1.
  • mf_shro0m
    2154 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Half the devs don’t actually play the game dude so no wonder their assignments are ridiculous
  • Hawxxeye
    M_Rat13 said:
    For the Jungle Carbine, make sure to have the HV rounds spec. It really helps.
    Yes I came to that conclusion myself that this was the way to go at least when doing this assignment
  • VincentNZ
    3772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I find in funny they are changing the TTK because people use weapons beyond there intended ranges, and yet you have stupid assignments like get 25 kills per round with the Mab past 30meters.

So many of these assignments go against the intended play style of these weapons. 

30m is not long range or outside of it's intended range though. It is right in there. I mean take a look at the sightlines of these maps. You know the standard barn on Arras A? That has a 30m length and it covers roughly half of the objective range. So 30m is just about where SMGs start to phase out (and should) and where ARs, LMGs, SARs start to become significantly better.
    People generally underestimate their general engagement ranges especially in this game where 3x scopes are the norm, not the exception. That is why the 5.2 ranges are particularly void of any logic.
    As for the assignments, you can be dead sure that they are the last thing on the list for DICE to tweak, adjust, fix.