3 new maps coming

2»

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Btw, Solomon Islands, is basically Guadalcanal, so another old timer.

Or at least it could very well be Guadalcanal.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    Btw, Solomon Isands, is basically Guadalcanal, so another old timer.

Yeah googling Guadalcanal 2019 shows it's a thick jungle island. Maybe Argonne 2.0, would be nice. But visibility would be a problem, prone MMGs as far as the eye can see.
  • GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Btw, Solomon Isands, is basically Guadalcanal, so another old timer.

Yeah googling Guadalcanal 2019 shows it's a thick jungle island. Maybe Argonne 2.0, would be nice. But visibility would be a problem, prone MMGs as far as the eye can see.
    I liked the map in BF1942, and it was also good in 1943. But I am guessing it will look a lot different in V.
  • GrinddalDDG

We are looking at some very dense Jungle, and also some Vietnam style underground tunnels - Think it could be a cool map, think it might end up being infantry dominated.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al Marj was a old 5vs5 map.  So probably be just a boring 8vs8 I wont even play on.

• jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Al Marj Encampment was one of the 5v5 maps.
    This is what I was about to ask. I think the last thing anyone wants is any new desert maps. Well, except for more SC/ TDM exclusive maps.

As one of the few people who was actually looking forward to 5v5, I never understood why DICE thought the mode needed completely unique maps in the first place. You don't have to look too hard at the existing maps to see ways to section parts of them off into small arenas and make them stand out with a few different or moved assets. 
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    Al Marj was a old 5vs5 map.  So probably be just a boring 8vs8 I wont even play on.

If it is, then I won't touch it either. There are still 2 SQ maps that I haven't played, because, well, eww.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another unknown battle for the Brits? Could at least have put it in Burma to get some Japan vs Britain action.

The unkown battles aspect has nothing to do with how the game feels.. it's all to do with map design.

They could easily have done the paratroop invasion of Crete in 1941 as a breakthrough/conquest map. The Dieppe raid with the Canadians in 1942, if they had to go down the known battle aspect to keep it immersive.

Pacific led maps, I'd like to see the Brits in Burma, Borneo or Malaya. The battle of Kohima kept the British Empire in India and eventually, I believe, it was the first time the [email protected] retreated against the British Army.
    Mercury is the Crete map and was supposed to be part of a Grand Operation including the airborne segment. However I believe that never happened given how dead the game mode is. I do agree that Breakthrough at least should start with a paradrop similar to how Iwo Jima begins with a landing.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Mercury is the Crete map and was supposed to be part of a Grand Operation including the airborne segment. However I believe that never happened given how dead the game mode is. I do agree that Breakthrough at least should start with a paradrop similar to how Iwo Jima begins with a landing.

Coastal Crete as an invasion map is a bit daft, considering it was the Brits who used the coast to evacuate.. The Germans used their airforce to invade.