Shoving AT guns and killing the wounded

Elephante33
332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It might seem a bit harsh, but lets face it, it really should be allowed to fire on downed enemies. It would make saving those who are downed that much more special, and stop some guy essentially just spawning a trail of vengeful dead behind you if you advance down the trench

Also, it would be nice to move, if not just turn, the damn AT guns.
Its incredibly annoying and floaty to try to tow your AT guns to the front line and then make a whole turn with the entire truck to turn that bad boy around. If I can pull out a headhog tank trap out of my ''pocket'' and slap down infinite concrete dragon teeth in the pacific I think i have the strength to turn an AT canon MADE to be handled by non mechanised troops!

Comments

• StupidNameHere
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Preaching to the choir.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The turning or lack of, of the AT guns is dumb. 
  • ragnarok013
    3662 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I disagree about killing downed players. If that happened it would just remove any remaining reason to play medic as almost everyone would just double tap a person and move on.
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    If you are able to make some sort of contribution to your team's effort while you're downed then players should be able to kill you.
  • Elephante33
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    If you are able to make some sort of contribution to your team's effort while you're downed then players should be able to kill you.
    thats the thing though, when you are downed you can actually still spot for your tema. IDK why people dont do that when they get downed by campers though
  • Elephante33
    I disagree about killing downed players. If that happened it would just remove any remaining reason to play medic as almost everyone would just double tap a person and move on.
    Well here's the thing, most people dont really do that, think about all the games that DO allow you to do it. With the exception of CoD where you can still fire your pistol, alot of times its over looked because of the battle raging around. It might also make the players a bit more conservative instead of running and gunning because they know their medics are not going to go all the way just to see them die before they can be picked up
  • warslag
    1601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2019
    Perhaps then the killing of downed players could be just the right justification for once again returning reviving to the very quick and convenient process it once was? No animations, no faff, just zap!  :)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13853 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Well here's the thing, most people dont really do that, think about all the games that DO allow you to do it. With the exception of CoD where you can still fire your pistol, alot of times its over looked because of the battle raging around. It might also make the players a bit more conservative instead of running and gunning because they know their medics are not going to go all the way just to see them die before they can be picked up
    Nope,  As Ragnarok said,  If you remove the medics abilities to revive a player because you permadeath'd a downed player,  Then the whole medic meta is pointless.

And idk about you,  But I quite like that Battlefield has medics ( and has ALWAYS had medics I may add ) 

Keep that killing a downed player to firestorm where it belongs.
  • warslag
    Nope,  As Ragnarok said,  If you remove the medics abilities to revive a player because you permadeath'd a downed player,  Then the whole medic meta is pointless.

And idk about you,  But I quite like that Battlefield has medics ( and has ALWAYS had medics I may add ) 

I don't see why medic would become 'pointless'. R6: Siege also has downed-state. Downed players can be killed by both teammates and enemies in Siege. They can also be revived by any teammate including 'Doc'. Doc is Siege's medic and has a gadget for reviving teammates and healing.  :)
  • Godmodegta
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just want kill down enemy with melee
  • Elephante33
    I just want kill down enemy with melee
    that could be a good middle ground actually

a sort of cleaning up of the contact zone
  • Elephante33

well as Warslag said, this wouldnt really reduce the utility of Medics
    people are going to get killed either way, in cover or out of, this way you allow medics to actually HAVE a meta regarding when and were they should go revive someone, maybe even lead to using smoke BEFORE someone goes charging forward :P
  • CSO7777
    1620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Perhaps then the killing of downed players could be just the right justification for once again returning reviving to the very quick and convenient process it once was? No animations, no faff, just zap!  :)
    The existing system with animations solves the 'medic train' problem we had in earlier games (more or less).

And it would probably just be a new meta to always make sure people were dead and not downed.

Reviving is more risky than it's ever been, and killing downed players will just give medics less to do and result in fewer medics in the game. We need more medics in general and this would counter this.
  • warslag
    CSO7777 said:
    warslag said:
    The existing system with animations solves the 'medic train' problem we had in earlier games (more or less).

And it would probably just be a new meta to always make sure people were dead and not downed.

Reviving is more risky than it's ever been, and killing downed players will just give medics less to do and result in fewer medics in the game. We need more medics in general and this would counter this.
    I don't agree that so called 'medic trains' were a problem in the first place.

Making sure an enemy is dead is not a 'meta' but only a game play choice that carries an upside and a downside. You could shoot a downed player and be killed while doing that. Which is exactly what happens in Siege, Apex, Guild Wars 2, ARMA III etc.

Medics and reviving are like they are because people complained about 'medic trains'. Now you don't get revived as much and people would prefer to skip revives altogether which costs their team a ticket.
  • ragnarok013
    3662 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CSO7777 said:
    warslag said:

Medic trains really weren't an issue after BF3 and medic trains were mostly complained about by the Metro contingent of the Battlefield community.  It is my opinion that one should never balance an entire game's mechanics around a niche game play experience on a single map.