Flares are killing the game

Singe1989
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 1
Have loved playing the Pacific theatre and very much looking forward to the upcoming wake island.

However, I can’t help but notice that flares are just too much and are spoiling a lot of what makes Battlefield Battlefield.

I don’t think there is a moment in time where there isn’t at least 1 flare in the air, constantly bombarded by them. I am going into an enemy base looking to make a decent cover for myself but as soon as your in that space you know that every enemy can see where you are. Is that right?

We cannot flank effectively anymore, with all these lush green bushes and great ambushing spots but are reduced to completely pointless. I am finding myself using the flare gun just to make it a fair fight but I don’t want to keep doing that.

This really puts a downer on it for me and has changed the gameplay massively, really hoping something happens to reduce the flare gun effectiveness as this is a game changer for me.

Comments

• InS_Hypno
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flares are the strongest gadget in the game along side the smoke + revive combo
    The recent buff have made them even stronger
    From the get go its obvious the devs didn't put a lot of though into them
    They often blend in the sky and are completely invisible in some weathers
    They don't even give you points for shooting them down
    Sometimes the don't even deploy right and the hit box is sideways
    You have no way of countering them inside building
    They remove any need for game sense in the game while being stupid easy to use
    They need to be nerfed/reworked
    In their current state 4 recons can easily turn a game around on certain maps
  • wasp9166
    242 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    kids today want the easy way out , find an enemy?  nah, lets fire a flare from my spawn beacon in the bush

they both peeve me beyond belief 
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's getting nerfed in the next patch. 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    You can shoot down enemy flares.
    Why would anyone do that? Going to forums to make another REEEEEE thread is easier.
  • xKusagamix
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Funny about how people complaining about Recon's flare killed the game, destroyable flare that need to be on the air to properly work, meanwhile previous games are just point and click, undestroyable (motion sensor ball, BF1's flare).
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Why would anyone do that? Going to forums to make another REEEEEE thread is easier.

How do you shoot them down when fighting inside a cave in Iwo Jima, for example?

I'd be fine with the flares if they'd only reveal enemies not under cover as in inside a building or a cave. I do always shoot them down, but it's frustrating when you simply can't do that, whereby, there's no counter to the flare if you can't get away from the spotting radius.

I've been killed numerous times while trying to shoot down a flare just to see the bullets go through the flare's hitbox.

And I wish Dice could limit their use in squad conquest separate from some of the other modes...
  • hkspm123
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    its no where near game breaking . pacific storm camping in a bush is literally invisible and flare is require to find them. aside from that all bf have these type of equipment , why all of the sudden it is a problem 
  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 said:
    its no where near game breaking . pacific storm camping in a bush is literally invisible and flare is require to find them. aside from that all bf have these type of equipment , why all of the sudden it is a problem 
    My theory is:
    Because DICE took away hardcore mode so the hardcore crowd is trying to impose their standards to Core
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan of grass campers or bushwookies either but I’m not making a thread about that I am?
  • bigiain
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flares are killing campers more like. Hopefully enough players understand how they work now and they'll still be common after the nerf.
  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    V2Face said:
    Not a fan of grass campers or bushwookies either but I’m not making a thread about that I am?
    That is a mistake. As far as game devs (and those who support their decisions) are concerned, if you do not speak against something then you are apparently fine with it.
    Never allow others to assume what you think by being silent. Make it known in a clear yet civil manner.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Caves are always filled with smoke which is a counter to flares.
    You people just want to find excuses to make the game even easier for campers and bushwookies like such gameplay isn't already dominant. If you want to camp there have to be a counter to that. Simple

I forgot caves and all buildings are always filled with smoke, just like the church on Devastation. Sorry about that slip up.

I think I made some valid points, but you decided to be lazy and unconstructive by using the age-old counter of "you people" and "want to find excuses to make the game even easier for campers and bushwookies."

I could as easily counter by saying something like "you people just want take concious gameplay out of the game and chase red dots on a minimap instead," but that would be unconstructive on my part.

I'm not saying that visibility isn't a problem for many people, but the flare mechanic shouldn't be the "fix" for game design choices - whether good or bad in one's opinion.