Flares are killing the game

Comments

• Rab4tZ
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why allways noobs complain about the flares? Its not so nicy if one is above you camper, right?!
  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    (Quote)
    Why would anyone do that? Going to forums to make another REEEEEE thread is easier.
    How do you shoot them down when fighting inside a cave in Iwo Jima, for example?
    I think that in that case it is the job of the guys in the team who are outside the caves to do that. There are always some  guys who just sit outside anyway, they can chose to make themselves more useful.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Godmodegta
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    Woah.. wait a second, Cave are narrow, and flare do not 3d spot you, why would it matter if flare above the cave? you would have guard narrow entrance.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First people hate there's no spots.  Now people use flares besides a buff.  Now people hate it.  How is a front lines flag capping recon suppose to play?  Sit in a bush miles away from action and maybe go 10-0 all game and lose?  I prefer full RAMBO frontlines and take names and go for the win and pop flares all day.  If flare is junk or removed recon has no other cool toys other then throwing knife.  Well and spawn beacon.  But beacon is mainly good for poor made maps like Marita.  Once behind enemy lines then hide a beacon all game and good chance you will always win long as all recons are pathfinders.
  • DingoKillr
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    First people hate there's no spots.  Now people use flares besides a buff.  Now people hate it.  How is a front lines flag capping recon suppose to play?  Sit in a bush miles away from action and maybe go 10-0 all game and lose?  I prefer full RAMBO frontlines and take names and go for the win and pop flares all day.  If flare is junk or removed recon has no other cool toys other then throwing knife.  Well and spawn beacon.  But beacon is mainly good for poor made maps like Marita.  Once behind enemy lines then hide a beacon all game and good chance you will always win long as all recons are pathfinders.
    For me it is not that there is no spot, it is that I can't provide spot to the non squadmate next to me but I can spot for a squadmate across the other side of the map.  
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Godmodegta wrote: »
    Woah.. wait a second, Cave are narrow, and flare do not 3d spot you, why would it matter if flare above the cave? you would have guard narrow entrance.

Great point!

Whatever it is...
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Flares do not interrupt gameplay as much as some pretend them to.
    I see only two groups of players whining about them being OP somehow: pathetic campers and hardcore-mode-one-man-army-heroes. An honestly, opinions of both groups should be irrelevant as they do not represent the majority of playerbase in any way. HC players should never speak of balance at all because HC never had one in the first place. And campers gonna camp as long as the game is filled with visual noise like grass, foliage, rubble and dark corners.
    Camping should not be the fix for horrible game mechanics and bad ideas behind them.

I don't consider myself belonging to either of those groups and I've never even played on a HC server in any of the titles.

The problem comes from the way the game plays out on most conquest servers, as in most active players run with the zerg from flag to flag while the other side does the same into the opposite direction.

If you try to stay and defend a flag or break off from the zerg to capture a different flag than the brainless masses are heading to - it's going to be really hard when you are outnumbered and on top of that the sky lights up with numerous flares.

Again, I'm not saying that they are OP, and I do think they are important to the scout class in order to bring them in to the teamplay aspect.

But, I'd like them to not last as long in the sky, have a smaller area of effect and not spot you when under cover.

I guess it's easier to just run with the zerg - just like the game was intended to be played.
  • normzzzzzy
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Why would anyone do that? Going to forums to make another REEEEEE thread is easier.

The sad thing is... the “REEEEEE” threads tend to have the biggest impact on the game.
  • NuttysKunKs
    380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Caves are always filled with smoke which is a counter to flares.
    You people just want to find excuses to make the game even easier for campers and bushwookies like such gameplay isn't already dominant. If you want to camp there have to be a counter to that. Simple

Smoke doesnt block them on that mini map...

This is the easiest spotting system in my opinion.

Spawn at flag fire flare in suspect danger area - go grab 2 more and make a triangle area so flag is clear. Grab 2 more move on to objective.

Enemy flag ahead, fire another flare at danger area and proceed. They last way too long but I understand that’s changing.

Still got a flare left to fire of an ammo spot
    to grab yet 2 more flares!! See where am getting? Nvm ammo crates and tank supply stations.

I actually feel bad abusing it.

But this mainly comes from the fact I’ve always enjoyed HC no spotting etc part of the Bf franchise.

Which seems to have died a silent death.
  • normzzzzzy
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    (Quote)
    Flares do not interrupt gameplay as much as some pretend them to.
    I see only two groups of players whining about them being OP somehow: pathetic campers and hardcore-mode-one-man-army-heroes. An honestly, opinions of both groups should be irrelevant as they do not represent the majority of playerbase in any way. HC players should never speak of balance at all because HC never had one in the first place. And campers gonna camp as long as the game is filled with visual noise like grass, foliage, rubble and dark corners.
    Camping should not be the fix for horrible game mechanics and bad ideas behind them.

You just inadvertently summed up 85% of the *call of duty* player base mate! And that would make a lot of sense really. These are the sort of changes and whinges you would expect in a *cod* Game. Only a camping *cod* try-hard would complain about spotting flares ruining their kill streak.
  • NLBartmaN
    3667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Without flares/spotting attacking and hitting ground forces would be impossible with a plane on PS4 ...
  • VRtroper
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since the launch I have been saying these errors;
    1. Sniper flares
    2. Long range sights on all weapons
    3. Assault contains too many gadgets
    4. Servers full of snipers without control.
    5. Weapons mixed in all factions.
    6. Lack of RSP servers
    7. Absence of Bazoka Class to release role charge Assault
    8. Custom emblems
    Among other things these for me are the most important for which battlefield V has not had any success.

Battlefield V seems to be made for kids who play with Nerf

The end ! 
  • viper63x
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    i findthe flare useful, if my team are struggling badly against the enemie team, a simple flare will help us get back on track
  • ProAssassin2003
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    DICE nerfing the resupply rate was my only complaint for Flares. Glad they are doing something right for once. I'm not against Flares but endless Flares in the sky is redicoulous.

Also Flares being able to spot people in buildings or with cover above them is also redicoulous.
  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

The sad thing is... the “REEEEEE” threads tend to have the biggest impact on the game.
    For example compare how many views and replies a REEEEEE thread gets compared to a longer and more carefully written topic .
  • Hawxxeye
    ^Normally I would find that offensive but knowing what is going to ensue I am mildly amused.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    ^Normally I would find that offensive but knowing what is going to ensue I am mildly amused.

Internet tough guys on a loose today by the looks of it.
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That is a mistake. As far as game devs (and those who support their decisions) are concerned, if you do not speak against something then you are apparently fine with it.
    Never allow others to assume what you think by being silent. Make it known in a clear yet civil manner.

Devs avoid the official forums like the plague, I would have a better chance at an actual response if I follow a dev on Twitter or made a thread on Reddit.