[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

  • 0ld_yell0w
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 30
    @Mr_Wookloaf wont happen, DICE wont after so much time bring anything to this game than new maps/equipment.

    Against my own advice (!?) I installed BF5 and tried it, now Im uninstalling it again ;) mainly because the only players having fun was the cheaters shooting us in spawn as we spawned in,  and nothing to be done about it.

    Havent been on the forum for a while but I can see nothing changed, nothing been done towards cheats and nothing towards our own servers.

    Ty DICE, you clearly dont give a [removed due to profanity] about what playercommunity wants ;) But think most of us knew that already.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13466 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @0ld_yell0w

    You can post without using mild profanity you know.

    We won't  think any less of you for it.
  • OskooI_007
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 wrote: »
    I am done with this game. Maybe done with PC altogether once PS5 comes out. I can't take this BS anymore, not only the blatant aimbots (which there are many and many more recently with the Pacific) but it's the players that are either walling or absurdly good that I can't tell the difference. Is mouse control and better graphics/framerates worth dealing with cheaters all the time? I used to think it was.

    I bought a PlayStation Pro for $300 on Black Friday. The frame rate drops and vsync stutter made playing Battlefield feel completely different from PC.

    I ended up taking the PlayStation back to the store for a refund and I ran crying back to my PC. I just couldn't give up 120fps on a Gsync monitor.

    I'm switching to PlayStation 5 for sure though when it comes out. It's supposed to do 120fps and have FreeSync monitor support.
  • Ancient_Toast
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw another post that linked to this one on cheating.  So here I am.


    I give Firestorm a try again and immediately Solo teaming.  I have videos of it.  You would think they would implement a simple in game report.  I looked and did not see anything.  I did report through MS but I doubt that comes to anything either.  

    I know I am one customer.  But man do the old BF people I know hate this game and BF in general know.  The cheating, and anything else, does need to be fixed in this game.  Because even of the few of us I know that still play we know it is not good.  Really hoping to see something good happen with V so I will get the next.  Definitely not buying it right now.

    I played a new map.  It was a full bars server.  I would just rubber band back forever randomly.  My connection was, and is, fine.  Other games worked.  But just this one.  Combine that with obvious cheating and you can just lose interest in what would be a great game.
  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    Another thing that concerns me is the lack of any feedback towards the people reporting potential cheaters.
    .
    I think that there should be both positive and negative reinforcement:
    Those who reported real cheaters should get some message that somebody they reported (without naming them) has been found guilty as charged. Meanwhile those miscreants who basically report everyone that beats them in a firefight and fill the tech support team with false reports should be getting warnings that they are reporting innocent people and that they will lose the privilege of being able to report others if they keep this up
    .
    Reporting should be serious business where screenshots and/or videos or the deed are also submitted. Everyone can save parts of their recent plays nowadays.
  • SirBobdk
    4246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    Hawxxeye said:
    Another thing that concerns me is the lack of any feedback towards the people reporting potential cheaters.
    .
    I think that there should be both positive and negative reinforcement:
    Those who reported real cheaters should get some message that somebody they reported (without naming them) has been found guilty as charged. Meanwhile those who basically report everyone that beats them in a firefight and fell the tech support team with false reports should be getting warnings that they are reporting innocent people and that they will lose the privilege of being able to report others if they keep this up
    A kind of BF4DB site where we can see all reports and the outcome + a "cheat factor" would be nice.
    BTW, I got reported yesterday, not because he thought I was cheating but just for being a "irritating pilot" according to chat.
  • GenCuster
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Another thing that probably adds to the difficulty to pinpoint cheaters is all these creatins making false reports because someone is better than them.
    I now combine my cheat reports with video proof to make them stand out
    151-1 is not enough to understand that he is using cheats?
    Moreover boasting of doing it in chat .....
    I understand the spam report for some "good player".
    But if you suddenly fall on you 25/30 report every game,
    I believe that the minimum is to deepen ...
    without everyone banging to make videos,
    since it is not so simple.


  • Hawxxeye
    6361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Another thing that probably adds to the difficulty to pinpoint cheaters is all these creatins making false reports because someone is better than them.
    I now combine my cheat reports with video proof to make them stand out
    151-1 is not enough to understand that he is using cheats?
    Moreover boasting of doing it in chat .....
    I understand the spam report for some "good player".
    But if you suddenly fall on you 25/30 report every game,
    I believe that the minimum is to deepen ...
    without everyone banging to make videos,
    since it is not so simple.


      Not every cheater is trying to blatantly stand out. There are those among them who use milder things like wallhacks to get the know where their enemies are and get the jump on them. These guys can always claim they "heard" the other guy.
    For these guys it is important to spectate & record them to show their fowl play cause you might not be able to tell them apart with just their K/D from someone who is just a really good infantry user.
  • dwupac
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Today, I've encountered a blatant aimboter (took out a scattered squad of 4 with one mag sturmgawear 1-5, never stopping). What's worse he seems to be a Russian streamer, cheating off stream to buff the stats. This is unacceptable.
  • JollyJester
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hahahahaha people actually think Dice has a working anti-cheat or reporting does anything. Just switch to console and 99.9% of those cheaters are gone. I have my exact same setup since I use a XIM adapter to use KB/M and my Xbox is also connected to my PC monitor. 
  • 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's all about profit for EA. After BF4 they ditched punk buster and third party rental servers because it costs money. They are trying to do anti cheat and rental servers on the cheap in house and even trying to generate money from there own half baked private servers which is disgraceful when other developers with smaller budgets on pc release fps games with better anti cheat and fully supported third party rental servers from the start and manage to keep the price of the game under 30 bucks. Buying battlefield these days you are paying the wages of several layers of over inflated managers at EA and of course the share holders need there cut. For example the community managers post an announcement on this forum now and again and probably get paid extremely well to do so, we have no actual contact with anyone at Dice developing Battlefield
  • NN_Buzz12
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ll never buy a console so I guess I’m done with EA.
  • KrullBorg
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just lost time
  • SystemicProgress
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As this has been a long-known issue, I'll go straight to the questions. When will the Anti-Cheat system that will prevent hacking/cheating be implemented? Is this realistic to expect? How is reporting of suspected hacking being treated at this time? Do players that cheat get banned? Are the rental servers going to be implemented? Please don't ignore the questions. Everyone wants to know. Thanks.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13466 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @SystemicProgress
    RSP is due to release alongside Patch 5.2 afaik


  • GenCuster
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    GenCuster said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    Another thing that probably adds to the difficulty to pinpoint cheaters is all these creatins making false reports because someone is better than them.
    I now combine my cheat reports with video proof to make them stand out
    151-1 is not enough to understand that he is using cheats?
    Moreover boasting of doing it in chat .....
    I understand the spam report for some "good player".
    But if you suddenly fall on you 25/30 report every game,
    I believe that the minimum is to deepen ...
    without everyone banging to make videos,
    since it is not so simple.


      Not every cheater is trying to blatantly stand out. There are those among them who use milder things like wallhacks to get the know where their enemies are and get the jump on them. These guys can always claim they "heard" the other guy.
    For these guys it is important to spectate & record them to show their fowl play cause you might not be able to tell them apart with just their K/D from someone who is just a really good infantry user.
    I fully share what you say ...
    It would take a lot more people like you who are committed to finding those who use cheats in a very subtle way.
    Thus helping DICE in the bulk of the work.
    (I've always supported it in my posts)
    But the fact remains that the obvious, and blatant, are not taken into consideration at all,
    while at least they should be automatically detected ....
    if they can't even detect the blatants,
    it means that there is NO AC.



  • SirBobdk
    4246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    Just played with a guy who kept saying that I was using WH as pilot.
    And what did he do. Turned on aimbot and even said he would so in chat. He ended up 102-23.
    How sad is that.
  • GenCuster
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Just played with a guy who kept saying that I was using WH in plane.
    And what did he do. Turned on aimbot and even said he would so in chat. He ended up 102-23.
    How sad is that.
    This confirms what we were saying .....
    The player you met used to cheat subtly.
    When did he think of taking revenge on you,
    has raised the cheat level ......
    Why wasn't it automatically detected?


  • DigitalCyberFear
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

    DICE, with your holiday sale off games including BFV, you just opened the flood gates to mass amounts of cheaters. I can't even play in one legit lobby with zero cheaters. Advertise 10% off games, we're gunna get 100% more cheaters who spend $15 on BFV just to create smurf accounts. But who cares about anti-cheat. All these "Anti-Cheat Mega Threads" and other "How do you feel about Anti-Cheat" forum therapy sessions is doing NOTHING for the players or BFV. How many years does it need to sink in that BFV needs a "strong" anti-cheat? How long does it need to take on the countless threads about anti-cheat? Being the Wizard behind the curtain pulling strings isn't cutting it, nor is your trademark slogan "SOON". As long you get money in your pockets and shareholders see a increase in revenue, everyone wins except the players. You're the big boy gaming company, time to put on the big boy pants and get onboard. This franchise is a sinking ship and EA is at the helm. Hope and pray BF6 is more successful than BFV. Every year we're left with disappointment, mainly b/c of your ANTI-CHEAT system.

    Anti-Cheats:

    BF1 = FairFight, extremely poor anti-cheat system.

    BF4 = Punk Buster, another laugh in the face.

    BFV = hilariously a joke.

    Get the picture?

  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GenCuster said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Just played with a guy who kept saying that I was using WH in plane.
    And what did he do. Turned on aimbot and even said he would so in chat. He ended up 102-23.
    How sad is that.
    This confirms what we were saying .....
    The player you met used to cheat subtly.
    When did he think of taking revenge on you,
    has raised the cheat level ......
    Why wasn't it automatically detected?


    What it really proves is that people cheat because they think other people are cheating. Some people are really just that pathetic and weak.
Sign In or Register to comment.