can assault put down a tiger?

wasp9166
242 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
2 dyn 2 rockets and a nade , drives away 

sweet spot the only way , and if so, where is it 

Comments

• A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone can correct me here.

But isn't the sweet/weak spot up a tanks rear (engine compartment) or the gap between the turret and tank base itself, or disabling the tracks.

Like I said people can correct me if i'm wrong. 
  • jroggs
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's possible, but very unlikely. Between Zimmerit and 130 health, Tigers are tough to kill, and only two dynamites, two PFs, and an AT nade probably won't be enough unless the tanker lets you score nothing but criticals. You get criticals from square hits to the Tiger's rear.

Note that this is all changing on Thursday this week or maybe the next. Under the new value system it's going to be even worse.
  • VincentNZ
    3499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, with full hits against the turret or the rear. If he has instant repair, you will need to chew through 130 health, too and then you need to have 3/3 plus grenade and are allowed to miss one. Ah and the tanker needs to be alone and oblivious to you and your movement and remain stationary.
    With the new patch you still will be able to do that. However you will do less damage on average, if shots are not perfectly to the rear and the turret hitbox will be gone. Without optimal angles or at ranges beyond 30m you need 2-5 Assaults to kill a Tiger.
  • Noodlesocks
    3148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2 or 3 mines will kill a tiger at the moment but you need to get closer than dynamite to get them on the tank. Other than that, you'd have to get every shot up it's rear to kill it by yourself.
  • DaMutha1
    1305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you're only carrying two dynamites and two rockets, you're doing it wrong.
  • Hawxxeye
    6362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    wasp9166 said:
    2 dyn 2 rockets and a nade , drives away 

sweet spot the only way , and if so, where is it 
    Behind it  where the engine is at, with the rockets hitting as close as possible to 90 degrees angle. I think it is just enough to blow him sky high.
    I do not get to destroy tigers very often as a soldier cause they are hiding  at their spawn. Poor scaredy cats

• VincentNZ
    3499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 said:
    That is the amount you spawn with. So no, nothing is done wrong, by the player. Unless you mean DICE, because not spawning with full ammo is indeed wrong.
  • ChickenTheTank
    518 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That is the amount you spawn with. So no, nothing is done wrong, by the player. Unless you mean DICE, because not spawning with full ammo is indeed wrong.

To br fair, it takes all of 10 seconds after spawn to locate a safe and nearby ammo supply, and maybe another 10 seconds to get to it. Unless you've already been engaging someone, you shouldn't be running around at less than 3 of each very often.

Also, Peru mitch every FPS I've ever played has never spawned you in with full ammo. Typically you spawn in 1 reload short of capacity in almost every game.
  • wasp9166
    DaMutha1 said:
    what am i missing, i see another poster say 3/3 nades

i thought you get one nade and 2 of each dyn and rock 
  • VincentNZ
    (Quote)

To br fair, it takes all of 10 seconds after spawn to locate a safe and nearby ammo supply, and maybe another 10 seconds to get to it. Unless you've already been engaging someone, you shouldn't be running around at less than 3 of each very often.

Also, Peru mitch every FPS I've ever played has never spawned you in with full ammo. Typically you spawn in 1 reload short of capacity in almost every game.
    Only if you spawn it at base or and uncontested flag. If you spawn on a contested flag or on a mate you can be anywhere on the map and the next ammo crate might not be at all accessible. That is pretty awful game design.
    It is tendencially a brute force approach to teamplay, so that ammo pouch supports can get 10 points at spawn, but rather a detriment as you need to press E to participate in the game. I can not recall any other BF game not spawning you with the full amount of ammo for the primary, secondary or gadget ammo.
  • enterBrainer
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    what am i missing, i see another poster say 3/3 nades

i thought you get one nade and 2 of each dyn and rock 

He meant the sticky's.
    So 3 sticky, 3 panzerfaust and 1 at grenade.
  • wasp9166
    edited December 2
    how are you getting 3 dyno and 3 rockets?

oh wait, is that why you gota supply as a support right off the bat?   you mean as an assault you should have 3 of each?

i thought this was what you spawn with and that's it , i'm level 63 and just learned about this 

j this game has issues 

i was wondering why i had 2 mines as support and after i used them i reup and i have 3  lol
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:

oh wait, is that why you gota supply as a support right off the bat?   you mean as an assault you should have 3 of each?

i thought this was what you spawn with and that's it , i'm level 63 and just learned about this 

j this game has issues 

i was wondering why i had 2 mines as support and after i used them i reup and i have 3  lol
    lolwut

You start with one less gadget as the max potential with any class. Resupply stations give you the max spare ammo and gadgets regardless of current amount, and resupply grenades, Support ammo boxes do the same with ammo, but give only +1 to gadgets, and don't resupply 'nades. You also don't get anything other than weapon ammo when resupplying by clicking on a Support player directly.
  • ChickenTheTank
    518 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Only if you spawn it at base or and uncontested flag. If you spawn on a contested flag or on a mate you can be anywhere on the map and the next ammo crate might not be at all accessible. That is pretty awful game design.
    It is tendencially a brute force approach to teamplay, so that ammo pouch supports can get 10 points at spawn, but rather a detriment as you need to press E to participate in the game. I can not recall any other BF game not spawning you with the full amount of ammo for the primary, secondary or gadget ammo.

Now that I think about it, you're right about other BF titles. You had top select the ammo perk to reach "maxed out ammo."

Still, most other shooters don't spawn you with full ammo.

Easy examples:
    Every Halo
    Any Counter Strike (you have to purchase ammo to reach max capacity)
    PUBG (different, yet I feel it's applicable)
    Titanfall (1 at least, don't know about 2)

I'm sure there are more if I thought about it. It's definitely not unique to BF5.

And even spawning on mates in battle, as I already said, you can find a safe-to-use ammo box within twenty seconds of spawn now that they appear on the mini map. Safe doesn't mean convenient though.
  • jroggs
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:

j this game has issues 

Yeah, Battlefield has a lot of complexity to it that is mostly or completely unexplained in the game. It's easier for us here because we follow the updates and compare notes with each other, but most people just playing the game miss out on a lot of information.

I have no idea why we're still spawning with 2/3 kits after a year. Depending on the map or mode, it can a huge amount of tedious downtime to the beginning of each spawn. Most players dislike it, and even the people who defend it as "not that bad" never say they think it's actually good.