Bad map design along with planes spawn killing and tanks being irrelevant.

2»

Comments

• A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way back in Bad company 2 a good two man team was vital in keeping the tank alive (Tanking was never supposed to be a solo thing).

Also in BF3 with the 3 seat set up a 3 man team could rule the Battlefield, had two games on I think it was Gulf of Oman and Caspian, where the top 3 in the team was us the 3 man crew in the tank, the driver/gunner and spotter/repairer.

Team work Team work and Team work.
  • IIMechatronikII
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm inclined to agree. Probably got more tanking experience than everyone in this thread rolled together in BF. 

I've seen the odd support come to fix me which to be honest most times I have to leave the poor guy because I need to keep moving towards the nearest depot or get out of LOS of whatever. You can't communicate this to them and you often can't afford to stand your ground. Since pacific breakthrough I do see way more players fixing depots which is nice. But ultimately that's where it ends.

I see way more players blocking vital access to depots with anti tank blockades that the enemy can't even access yet or never will, which messes up the tanks on defence for example on breakthrough because it takes way longer to get ammo etc, you can't use the depot at the contested area, all hell is breaking loose there. They will literally see the tank trying to get to the depot and continue to build that crap stopping you. It really annoys me when they block bridges on   when I'm in a type 97, because the water near the bridge points though shallow will randomly chuck you out of that tank, never the Sherman. They even build this crap behind your tank while your engaged!

It seems anytime I leave the tank with someone inside to fix a depot, they roll off in the tank so now I never leave the tank if someones inside or around, unless it's critical to do so. As in I'm on real low health and suffered multiple disables that will simply take too long to self repair. And watch those randoms race for the tank to try and steal it, then you jump in and they change direction.  

I see friendlies placing dynamite over my tanks, trying the same with mines to troll me. Idiots firing the MG at nothing, or at planes to basically tell everyone where we are. Hey lets shoot the enemy tank with MG and see what happens, better yet, the to top MG, oh your dead and that tank I was about to flank has now been made aware of me, nice..... 

It would be nice to move with infantry but where they gather in numbers it's often a smoke screen everywhere. Infantry will throw smoke in front of the tank too, I'd understand this if it was to get them to a place they wanted to be, but I turn to see them run off in the opposite direction, thanks mate. They never shoot enemy mines either, never seen this. 

(Sound), this is a critical reason why I can't roll with my infantry, I can't hear the enemy infantry coming. Too many times I've been blown up despite being surround by my sides troops. One enemy assault lands a disable on you as even bird poo will disable a tank in BFV, then a tank starts working you down or plane, or whatever, or he gets to place all his explosives and your toast while your side runs about like headless chickens. In BFV being able to hear them is one of the most effective way's to save your tank from hidden enemy troops or those flanking you. But with all your randoms around that is no longer the case.

I've been zerg rushed on the retreat and my men are like prone trying to snipe whatever half way across the map, don't worry about our tank that's on fire being swarmed by several assault, I'm going to try and take out that guy on the attacking team's battleship who's using the fix cannon, or hunt that tiny head that keeps popping up on a hill miles off.   

Attrition, this wonderful game design means you could be rolling with the A TEAM, it's wonderful, but then you have to break away from your side to a depot miles away.   

Yes, they blocking vital access to depots with anti-tank blockades. I don't know, why they do this. They will built until they don't built everything on objective. For example Hamada (conquest) objective C or B; Pacific Storm objective A or F and of course all bridges. The question is, why you sometimes can drive through water (under the bridge) and sometimes you jump out from tank. Broken or totally random TYPE 97.
    Why on objective C (Pacific Storm) Pak40 still keep spawning. Enemy don't have to repair this canon.

They want your tank, because in their minds, they are better tankers than you. 

If someone put dynamite on your tank, then all you can do is ALT+F4. Yes, you can jump out from the tank, destroy dynamite and repair your tank (if he don't steal your tank). I see this s#it too many times. I will not waste my time on these ****, even then, when I have a good round.
    Sticky dynamite is the most stupid thing. They can stick 3 or more dynamites on jeep, driving around the map and looking for you..
    I remembered that I had only 11 kills, so I spawned 2-4 minutes ago. How can I answer for this??  https://gfycat.com/mealycleverbluegill

Therefore I lock my team and I am one man army. You can't flank tanks, they cheat your positions to enemies and planes. I can't concentrate. I don't hear anything.
    Now I write on chat: Please stop shooting. If he doesn't stop, I drive out of bounds and alt+f4. This is my punishment for them. What a waste. 3 guys can spawn on my tank and we can take together objective.

Smokes? Iwo Jima breakthrough, cave on objective A?? :D

• MBT_Layzan
    1809 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Way back in Bad company 2 a good two man team was vital in keeping the tank alive (Tanking was never supposed to be a solo thing).

Also in BF3 with the 3 seat set up a 3 man team could rule the Battlefield, had two games on I think it was Gulf of Oman and Caspian, where the top 3 in the team was us the 3 man crew in the tank, the driver/gunner and spotter/repairer.

Team work Team work and Team work.
    Indeed, because even with randoms jumping in, they were protected as a top MG, and that position in games like bf3 offered great perks for the tank. We had a spotting system too so that set of extra eyes could reveal targets and take care of them, even put some damage into choppers and planes. People could exit the tank fast, in the direction of their weapons and get back in too, unrealistic, YES, but essential for randoms to be able to help fix the tank, or even go toe to toe on foot.

People can say what they want, but it was more common back then for tanks to be supported by randoms, and it was fantastic with mates. It was a real bonus to have a secondary, not just a dead corpse dangling about on tip of the tank, or some random who might get like one kill all match living within your tank more often giving away it's location. Everyone knew that you needed to time it and jump out to repair the tank and could do this thanks to the quick exit/entry system. Not like some broken ill thought out repair tool assisted hill humping camping tank on Aerodrome, that's practically immune from everything and is boring as going up against. ZzZz

With the old spotting system, infantry actually did help tanks and vice versa. There was more unity between the two. We had an engineer class so often when under attack from a plane, two guys could jump out with stingers, or the one to ward off air by forcing them to use their countermeasures. Or one could jump out to assist with tanks fights with AT weapons, or charge a tank with their repair tool.

Now we get some generic setup, it's not even a class you can customise and have a bit of fun with and some mines, WHAYHEY!!!!.  No one jumps out because the TTK and ease at which they get killed because it's a predictable location at the front of a tank. The top gunner is a joke. Nice and realistic and dead boring and void of any real use.

I'm inclined to agree. Probably got more tanking experience than everyone in this thread rolled together in BF. 

I've seen the odd support come to fix me which to be honest most times I have to leave the poor guy because I need to keep moving towards the nearest depot or get out of LOS of whatever. You can't communicate this to them and you often can't afford to stand your ground. Since pacific breakthrough I do see way more players fixing depots which is nice. But ultimately that's where it ends.

I see way more players blocking vital access to depots with anti tank blockades that the enemy can't even access yet or never will, which messes up the tanks on defence for example on breakthrough because it takes way longer to get ammo etc, you can't use the depot at the contested area, all hell is breaking loose there. They will literally see the tank trying to get to the depot and continue to build that crap stopping you. It really annoys me when they block bridges on   when I'm in a type 97, because the water near the bridge points though shallow will randomly chuck you out of that tank, never the Sherman. They even build this crap behind your tank while your engaged!

It seems anytime I leave the tank with someone inside to fix a depot, they roll off in the tank so now I never leave the tank if someones inside or around, unless it's critical to do so. As in I'm on real low health and suffered multiple disables that will simply take too long to self repair. And watch those randoms race for the tank to try and steal it, then you jump in and they change direction.  

I see friendlies placing dynamite over my tanks, trying the same with mines to troll me. Idiots firing the MG at nothing, or at planes to basically tell everyone where we are. Hey lets shoot the enemy tank with MG and see what happens, better yet, the to top MG, oh your dead and that tank I was about to flank has now been made aware of me, nice..... 

It would be nice to move with infantry but where they gather in numbers it's often a smoke screen everywhere. Infantry will throw smoke in front of the tank too, I'd understand this if it was to get them to a place they wanted to be, but I turn to see them run off in the opposite direction, thanks mate. They never shoot enemy mines either, never seen this. 

(Sound), this is a critical reason why I can't roll with my infantry, I can't hear the enemy infantry coming. Too many times I've been blown up despite being surround by my sides troops. One enemy assault lands a disable on you as even bird poo will disable a tank in BFV, then a tank starts working you down or plane, or whatever, or he gets to place all his explosives and your toast while your side runs about like headless chickens. In BFV being able to hear them is one of the most effective way's to save your tank from hidden enemy troops or those flanking you. But with all your randoms around that is no longer the case.

I've been zerg rushed on the retreat and my men are like prone trying to snipe whatever half way across the map, don't worry about our tank that's on fire being swarmed by several assault, I'm going to try and take out that guy on the attacking team's battleship who's using the fix cannon, or hunt that tiny head that keeps popping up on a hill miles off.   

Attrition, this wonderful game design means you could be rolling with the A TEAM, it's wonderful, but then you have to break away from your side to a depot miles away.   

Yes, they blocking vital access to depots with anti-tank blockades. I don't know, why they do this. They will built until they don't built everything on objective. For example Hamada (conquest) objective C or B; Pacific Storm objective A or F and of course all bridges. The question is, why you sometimes can drive through water (under the bridge) and sometimes you jump out from tank. Broken or totally random TYPE 97.
    Why on objective C (Pacific Storm) Pak40 still keep spawning. Enemy don't have to repair this canon.

They want your tank, because in their minds, they are better tankers than you. 

If someone put dynamite on your tank, then all you can do is ALT+F4. Yes, you can jump out from the tank, destroy dynamite and repair your tank (if he don't steal your tank). I see this s#it too many times. I will not waste my time on these ****, even then, when I have a good round.
    Sticky dynamite is the most stupid thing. They can stick 3 or more dynamites on jeep, driving around the map and looking for you..
    I remembered that I had only 11 kills, so I spawned 2-4 minutes ago. How can I answer for this??  https://gfycat.com/mealycleverbluegill

Therefore I lock my team and I am one man army. You can't flank tanks, they cheat your positions to enemies and planes. I can't concentrate. I don't hear anything.
    Now I write on chat: Please stop shooting. If he doesn't stop, I drive out of bounds and alt+f4. This is my punishment for them. What a waste. 3 guys can spawn on my tank and we can take together objective.

Smokes? Iwo Jima breakthrough, cave on objective A?? :D

Pak40 still keep spawning, I've seen that mate, I'm like nice design there, you destroy it and it's instantly back on full health lol

The shallow water really bugs me next to the bridges in the type 97, because the bridges are so predictable, often block, laced with traps and once on it your a real easy target, and that's if it's even functional. It's like a flip of a coin that your be booted from the type 97 when you pass through this really shallow water, but the Sherman is 100% fine. It's horrible when you are on the retreat and can't use the bridge, the enemy are after you and you are about to reverse though this really low water, because you might be booted, they zap you in a split second and there is a tank free for them. Such awful design again from dice.  

• ProAssassin2003
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    You effectively need a whole other squad with you in order to keep yourself safe from infantry that will essentially swarm you if they spot you.

Which is exactly how it should be.

The tank is a force multiplier for the team. It's not supposed to be a one-man killing machine, and after the ridiculous tanks we had in BF4, I'm honestly glad DICE went in the direction of requiring tanks to use more teamwork to reach peak effectiveness.

Do you know why one guy in a tank is most effective sitting on a hill far away and barely helping?

That's exactly why - because he's one measly player.

The tank isn't and shouldn't be a tool where one person can hop in it and completely change the tide of battle and put the game in their team's favor.

It's inherently a teamwork tool meant to be supported by a squad. An entire squad running a tank efficiently can be absolutely terrifying for the opposite team, and they have the potential of staying up and wreaking devastation throughout an entire match if the squad is worth their muster.

Bad tankers pushing in solo and headstrong are the tankers that get swarmed and killed. And that's how it should be.

Because you shouldn't be rewarded with a one-man killing machine merely for pressing a button and spawning in a tank.

BF is no a solo-centric game despite people treating it as such.

Sorry but this post is so Bias it blows my mind. Let's address the elephant in the room. Lack of Team work. Most people don't use any even Clans. I've been in Clans. Really good Clans. Guess what barely any Teamwork. Players just running around trying to get as much kills as possible usually running a medic class so they can be revived to keep the KDR farm going.

Not one time in a Clan I was in use Team Work in Tanks. What Team Work is there in Tanks? You can't be a Gunner it's instant death. You can't repair because DICE Magically adds splash damage through Tanks that kill you behind a Tank not to mention the Repair rate is so slow repairing is useless as the damage negates any repair you receive. You can't be a Gunner inside a Tank because the visibility is so terrible everyone just jumps out. Tankers have no option but to be lone wolves and Camp.

You hate on BF4 and the reason why is because Team Work was most definitely possible in that Battlefield. Repairing was fast. You jumped out instantly. Tanks had proper mobility. And Gunner positions was very useful.

This fantasy world you are painting doesn't exist in Battlefield 5 for Tanks. Not in my 600 Hours playing the game have I seen any Team Work in Tanks either on my Team or the opposing Team. People camp and Farm Infantry in Tanks in BFV because DICE made them almost completely worthless. I really don't understand why this debate keeps being brought up.

Have you ever witnessed two tanks moving towards the same objective? Have you ever seen a team mate using the repair torch on a tank? Have you ever seen infantry firing at enemies a friendly tank is also firing at?

Great, you've witnessed team work in a tank. Now stop exaggerating. There are plenty of tankers who use team work misch more effectively than the half way examples I just gave.

Once again I'm talking about the Tank itself. Inside the Tank. And your examples are extremely rare. Usually when DICE puts a TOW reward to help Vehicles do you see this.

The only ones Exaggerating are the ones claiming there is Team Work in Tanks. It's honestly Hilarious.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I'm done discussing this as your logic is Tanks is fine because people can run around them and protect them. Then the same people like yourself are wanting to know why Tanks camp and Farm Infantry. They are a Joke in BFV. Anybody who has Tanking experience knows this. Even the best Tankers in Battlefield knows this.

There hasn't been one Tank in my entire time playing Battlefield 5 that I wanted to kill that I haven't succeeded in killing as an Assualt even as a Support. Even a average player or Casual can take out a Great Tanker in Battlefield 5.

Bottom line this Team Work that you magically experience just doesn't exist in Battlefield anymore expecially for Tanks. You have to get out of the Tank to support it just makes your logic pointless. What makes it even worse is every support player has a repair tool and they still don't help. Be lucky you have a squad that are willing to baby sit a Tank because for the majority of Battlefield players that doesn't exist so you get Camping Tanks.

LOL no, people like me do not wonder why most tanks camp hills. I know why - because they're playing by themselves and they're probably mediocre at it.

Just like a Recon with a rifle who is playing solo and is mediocre at sniping sits back and camps on hills. Just like the Assault player who is playing solo and is mediocre at FPS games sits in the corner of a building waiting for people to walk in.

That's what solo mediocre players do regardless of how they're playing.

They're not farming infantry, they're bad. Most of those camping tankers barely muster 10 kills in a 15 minute match of conquest.

Tanks are not a joke in this game merely because one mediocre scrub can't push objectives and decimate everyone on them while barely getting a scratch. They're a tool that requires teamwork to reach peak effectiveness, not a one man killing machine like you want them to be.

Lmao, and I'd bet 5 grand that there have been plenty of tanks you've wanted to destroy but haven't. I've ACTUALLY played for over 500 hours and it's happened to me plenty of times - to insist it hasn't happened to you is laughable imo, just like when you insisted you played for over 600 hours or have never seen tank teamwork once in all that time.

I mean really, you're insisting I'm not worth arguing with when you're the one who severely exaggerated your experience and time played in this game and insist tank teamwork doesn't count if it's infantrymen supporting a tank. Do you honestly expect anyone to take your stance seriously?

Maybe get some new friends and play with them, dude. What do you expect, completely random people outside your squad that have NO way of communicating with you to stay on your tank the entire round and repair it? Find a good squad, use your mic, find other people that use mics, post a lfg thread on here and reddit - I'm sure there are COUNTLESS players who want to run a good tank squad.

Maybe go out of your own way to find people to actually run a tank efficiently and you'll actually see how ridiculous it is that you insisted tanks are weak in this game.

It sounds to me like you just haven't experienced how friggin powerful tanks have the potential to be in this game. It sounds to me like you want to achieve what a full squad does with a tank, but by yourself, which is nonsense.

I'm jealous of the Team Work you provide and receive in Tanks. I'm being completely honest I've only seen it on weeks that a TOW wants you to repair Vehicles.

I've also never seen a Squad using a Tank like you describe. Ever. And I have killed every Tank that I wanted to engage eventually. I often seek out players going on Killstreaks in games because it won't happen if I'm on the other Team. I either get a Tank and take care of it or use something to take the Tank out same with planes although I can't fly to save my life.

I'm not lying to you.
  • Qpla
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm amazed by the lack of awareness the average tank player has. Every time I play, I find tank players that casually let me chuck dynamite on them. Frankly, if you're tunnel visioning so badly you let assaults walk up to you, you deserve to die.

Remember back in BF1 when tanks were only balanced if a mediocre player was driving them? Yeah, me too. A good tank player in BF1 was virtually indestructible. That's not fun at all.
  • wasp9166
    242 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    i made a post yest but i guess it didn't get approved , the arras map in conquest is fubar, there is 2 objectives north of e and 3 south..........this is fair for the brits huh?

why would you make a map with un even location objectives?  3 north, 3 south and 1 in middle , hello?  mcfly?

but what's really burning me lately , is tanks sitting in spawn blasting infantry in objectives , is it soo hard for dice to make it so nothing fires till it leaves the spawn?  

i guess we'll have to live with the artillery objective guns, but even then , they aren't for planes. , they don't tilt up lol....just shut them off till the zone is opens....