[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    Hahahahaha people actually think Dice has a working anti-cheat or reporting does anything. Just switch to console and 99.9% of those cheaters are gone. I have my exact same setup since I use a XIM adapter to use KB/M and my Xbox is also connected to my PC monitor. 
    Except this is also cheating, not as bad, but still cheating. Ironically, if XIM actually functioned like a real mouse and not a mouse with console autoaim built in (this is what it is). I wouldn't consider it cheating.

The day of universal crossplay is coming very quickly. What's the game that benefits the most from crossplay and happens to have the biggest fanbase? It's Fortnite. Fortnite also has the best anticheat I have seen on PC. It uses both BattlEye and Easy AntiCheat. Another way to stem cheaters is to add prime like CSGO. If you don't have a phone number tied to your account, sorry can't play online. (And before you say it no I don't give a **** about accomodating people without cellphones in 2019). CSGO also has trust factor which doesn't eliminate, but really hinders the frequency of encountering both cheaters and smurfs if you have a main account with a lot of hours. Tons of options, EA won't pony up the dough.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2
    287martin said:

"It's all about profit for EA. After BF4 they ditched punk buster and third party rental servers because it costs money. They are trying to do anti cheat and rental servers on the cheap in house and even trying to generate money from there own half baked private servers which is disgraceful when other developers with smaller budgets on pc release fps games with better anti cheat and fully supported third party rental servers from the start and manage to keep the price of the game under 30 bucks. Buying battlefield these days you are paying the wages of several layers of over inflated managers at EA and of course the share holders need there cut. For example the community managers post an announcement on this forum now and again and probably get paid extremely well to do so, we have no actual contact with anyone at Dice developing Battlefield"

Glad to see someone who gets 'it'. Anyone on these forums that has a job (as opposed to a student/retired) would recognize the standard corporate business model (maximize sales; minimize costs). Yet, I get the impression that, many contributors think EA?DICE should be in this for 'love of the game'. It is a happy coincidence when corporate imperatives meet player expectations completely.

As for the community managers, they are not DICE employees. They may get a stipend or something, but I can't imagine it pays the rent. Maybe a community manager can comment.

It is instructive that DICE/EA do not have an active input into their own 'official' forums. This speaks volumes about customer engagement.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA asking us for suggestions ? 
    Why don't you use OUR money that we paid for YOUR prodcut and invest in a working anti cheat system ?  (imagine something so simple) makes me wonder who they are hiring to sit in the office and do nothing about this frustrating topic.
    Surely a company of this size can afford such a thing.
    I certainly won't be buying anymore EA games until they stop being greedy and spend something on security.
    At this point, it is THEIR money, which has already been distributed to shareholders.

Cost-cutting was probably the reason that 3rd party anti-cheat measures were not used. I can't see EA spending any more money, at this stage of the product lifecycle, on anything that doesn't generate additional revenue/profit e.g. skins/characters, etc.

Also worth pointing out, this issue affects around 25% of their player base i.e. PC players (source: EA 2019 Annual Report). This is not meant as a 'dig', but the downside of losing some players, is probably more than made up by new players (at least 75% of whom will be Console owners) picking up the game this Christmas (see threads on 5.2 ‘christmas noobs’ update). 

I'm sure many contributors on this forum work in the corporate world - what would your company do, in the same situation? Would you care if your bonus was on the line? Let's dispel this fantasy that game developers and publishers are in it for 'the love of the game'.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    can't reply with quote outside of the quote box, what the heck?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:

This whole topic is highly nuanced, there are so many potential factors like:
    • Whenever I saw DICE or EA comment on here/Twitter/Reddit in the past it got drowned in negativity echo-chambers, misinformation, false facts and people trying to turn what you said into something else (just look at my post above and I don't even work for EA). 
    • If you advertise your anti-cheat you put a bullseye on your back and more hackers and cheat creators will go after you for the bragging rights
    That is one of the most pathetic illustrations of sophistry that I have seen in a long time.

• ragnarok013
    3442 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DICE, with your holiday sale off games including BFV, you just opened the flood gates to mass amounts of cheaters. I can't even play in one legit lobby with zero cheaters. Advertise 10% off games, we're gunna get 100% more cheaters who spend $15 on BFV just to create smurf accounts. But who cares about anti-cheat. All these "Anti-Cheat Mega Threads" and other "How do you feel about Anti-Cheat" forum therapy sessions is doing NOTHING for the players or BFV. How many years does it need to sink in that BFV needs a "strong" anti-cheat? How long does it need to take on the countless threads about anti-cheat? Being the Wizard behind the curtain pulling strings isn't cutting it, nor is your trademark slogan "SOON". As long you get money in your pockets and shareholders see a increase in revenue, everyone wins except the players. You're the big boy gaming company, time to put on the big boy pants and get onboard. This franchise is a sinking ship and EA is at the helm. Hope and pray BF6 is more successful than BFV. Every year we're left with disappointment, mainly b/c of your ANTI-CHEAT system.

Anti-Cheats:

BF1 = FairFight, extremely poor anti-cheat system.

BF4 = Punk Buster, another laugh in the face.

BFV = hilariously a joke.

Get the picture?

BF4 used both Punkbuster AND Fairfight
  • DancesWthMice
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:

• Whenever I saw DICE or EA comment on here/Twitter/Reddit in the past it got drowned in negativity echo-chambers, misinformation, false facts and people trying to turn what you said into something else (just look at my post above and I don't even work for EA). 
    • If you advertise your anti-cheat you put a bullseye on your back and more hackers and cheat creators will go after you for the bragging rights
    That is one of the most pathetic illustrations of sophistry that I have seen in a long time.

Absolutely nailed it!!!
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA asking us for suggestions ? 
    Why don't you use OUR money that we paid for YOUR prodcut and invest in a working anti cheat system ?  (imagine something so simple) makes me wonder who they are hiring to sit in the office and do nothing about this frustrating topic.
    Surely a company of this size can afford such a thing.
    I certainly won't be buying anymore EA games until they stop being greedy and spend something on security.
    At this point, it is THEIR money, which has already been distributed to shareholders.

Cost-cutting was probably the reason that 3rd party anti-cheat measures were not used. I can't see EA spending any more money, at this stage of the product lifecycle, on anything that doesn't generate additional revenue/profit e.g. skins/characters, etc.

Also worth pointing out, this issue affects around 25% of their player base i.e. PC players (source: EA 2019 Annual Report). This is not meant as a 'dig', but the downside of losing some players, is probably more than made up by new players (at least 75% of whom will be Console owners) picking up the game this Christmas (see threads on 5.2 ‘christmas noobs’ update). 

I'm sure many contributors on this forum work in the corporate world - what would your company do, in the same situation? Would you care if your bonus was on the line? Let's dispel this fantasy that game developers and publishers are in it for 'the love of the game'.

Yeah, BF is a console franchise now. They don't release numbers anymore but we can extrapolate from BF1 (which sold more copies) 90k concurrent on both consoles combined at this stage in BF1 cycle, and about 30k concurrent on PC. The console population is significant and unlike CoD, Fortnite, Seige, CSGO, there is no esport component on PC that would influence developers (and shareholders) to invest money into anticheat. Getting Battlefield on console feels like sacrilege to me, but think of the pros: No cheaters, bigger population. Graphics are fine, really not that much worse anymore. 
  • Carbonic
    1574 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Carbonic said:

Yeah, yeah we get it, you don't agree, find my examples lacking or whatever. Now back on topic.
  • enterBrainer
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Except this is also cheating, not as bad, but still cheating. Ironically, if XIM actually functioned like a real mouse and not a mouse with console autoaim built in (this is what it is). I wouldn't consider it cheating.

The day of universal crossplay is coming very quickly. What's the game that benefits the most from crossplay and happens to have the biggest fanbase? It's Fortnite. Fortnite also has the best anticheat I have seen on PC. It uses both BattlEye and Easy AntiCheat. Another way to stem cheaters is to add prime like CSGO. If you don't have a phone number tied to your account, sorry can't play online. (And before you say it no I don't give a **** about accomodating people without cellphones in 2019). CSGO also has trust factor which doesn't eliminate, but really hinders the frequency of encountering both cheaters and smurfs if you have a main account with a lot of hours. Tons of options, EA won't pony up the dough.

The autoaim is built in the game.
    XIM doesnt have autoaim
    People should just disable the slowdown, cus thats all that bfv autoaim is.

The scripts they can use are worse.

I want to kb/m myself but it should be native like newest cod
  • SirBobdk
    4246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 3
    I have seen some pilots with strange stats when looking at game report.
    One today with 408 shots taken and 946 hits 231.9% acc he did 65-2.
    The other day I saw another with an ACC of 640%. Are the stats broken at Battlefieldtracker or .......
  • bsafawi1974
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now Cheating is epidemic in battlefield V
    In every maps u see almost12 to 18 players in both sides using Spectur mode for cheating and easy kills & extra Health so it's making game unfair normal players don't have any chance to face those cheater on the field
    Hope EA & Dice do something about that
    Like put the option in score board report player for cheat , 
    If EA or Dice administration truly want  help to clean the field form those cheater it's better start with act not only a word's
  • GenCuster
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 4
    I confirm ....
    I've been struggling a lot lately
    to finish a game in score equal ...
    and don't tell me that the "good players" have increased.
    players who use cheats have increased exponentially,
    This is reality'.

P.s. I don't know does this

• Red_Label_Scotch
    Carbonic said:
    Your comment on what I said has nothing to do with what I said -_-.
    I'm saying X and you are saying "nah because I think Z and Y also exists" - well, I wasn't talking about Z and Y, just X.
    see even the moderator doesnt care about the problem

Our forum signatures are pretty clear in that respect,  We dont speak for EA nor DICE and as @Carbonic has previously stated,  The GDPR rules in the EU means tighter control over data and the resulting data protection.

Then why doesn't Fortnite, or COD, for that matter, suffer from similar restrictions?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    RRedux said:
    Are we just gonna ignore that for a long period of time, all threads being made about the rampant cheater problem got immediately locked, and the only response was a link to the "how to report a cheater" FAQ?

Not only did they remain silent for a long time, they also tried to silence the community regarding the issue. Which only works on these forums, sadly, they were unable to stop people from making reddit threads about the problems, which I am guessing is the only reason why dice is pretending that anti-cheat is back on the agenda.

Let's not forget the 182 page thread that is now no longer even on the forums, or in archives.
  • SirBobdk
    4246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Not every cheater is trying to blatantly stand out. 
    Only very few are imo. 
    By far, most cheaters know how to use cheats to get under the radar and most of the cheats are hard to detect unless much time is spent.
    I have stopped spectating or even spend time doing reports. It makes no sense as reporting has no or very little effect.
    Making a report and watching them play for a long time only adds further frustration.
    I'm just looking forward to rental servers. Back in time It seems all the "pro players" liked to play on official servers while the noobs like me play on rental servers. Just saying.

• OskooI_007
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 4
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I have stopped spectating or even spend time doing reports. It makes no sense as reporting has no or very little effect.
    Making a report and watching them play for a long time only adds further frustration.

I stopped wasting my time spectating and video recording cheaters a long time ago. Especially after DICE said they won't ban cheaters based solely on video evidence.

I still send in lots of reports though. I click on their name in the scoreboard and quickly type, "Aimbotting, damage modding, and wall hacking in Battlefield V" and fire that puppy off to DICE. Each report submission takes less than 30 seconds.

For anyone who says I'm flooding the report system, don't blame me. Any anti cheat system that relies on average Joe making judgement calls as to whether someone is cheating or not. Is bound to get flooded with inaccurate reports and be a failure.

Every report I send in, I honestly believe that person is cheating.

Personally, I don't think DICE bans anyone based off cheat reports. I've seen rage aimbotters play for over 3 months without a ban despite being mass reported by hundreds of different players.

I still file cheat reports though, because it takes me less than 30 seconds and that's what DICE tells me to do. :smile:

At least until PlayStation 5 comes out. Once that happens I don't care what DICE does. Just don't force consoles to crossplay with PC cheaters.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • bsafawi1974
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello EA TOM 
    I have simple question 
    Why EA and Dice Administration don't want to Hear from cheating and cheater because I don't see any direct and simple article for report cheater in BFV and BF1 in BF4 was better u have options in score board 
    Please let normal players also have chance to have fairly game and fun 
    Thank you