Tank Overhaul Complete Breakdown - Update 5.2

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The AT pistol does anything between 7 and 17 damage right now, and will do 9 on average with the update. Only with the crate you will get 4 of them in a firefight, meaning a maximum of 68 now or 36 after the patch. That is ridiculously low.
    The mines, for a full kill, will need a full resupply via crate, so any offensive use s already discouraged. Besides they are most useful against stationary, meaning oblivious targets. So basically your preferred way of killing a tank is gone.I do not disagree that tanking in this game is stupid, the disabling mechanic is crap, their acceleration and mobility is crap and there is no room for teamplay, team synergy or tactical play. Also the lethality of the counters is ridiculous and condensed into only one class.
    Why should any support engage a tank with 5.2 or even a PF assault, or a frag rifle in slot 4? For the 40 points he gets from depleting his whole ammo, while risking his life? Or the 25% chance of one kill and a vehicle destroy, when he and three other dudes engage a tank? The only logical choice is to just not engage and go to another flag, as you are more mobile than a tank.

Until they remove Systemic Damage to Tanks most will camp with them. That's a Fact.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:

40 kills in one life on Iwo Jima Breakthrough, finishing with parking my Sherman on the peak of Suribachi for the win

Anyone else notice. Not once did a single person help you by fixing the tank. Even towards the end, where just one guy, like your squad mate could have patched you up so you can continue to fire up the last climb. NOTHING.... 5:56, your taking hit after hit, half health under at one point, your squad mate watching all this as support on the cliff above. You even set a marker to get someone to fix the depot, what does he do?, run past the broken depot you marked, YOU on half health in the tank, and leaves you to eventually get out the tank to fix it yourself.

That must be that, roll with your infantry BS I read about from people delusional on these forums.  

Just like with revives, there might be very good reason to not repair and one of them is: I do not want to. It is also not deemed necessary, as tankers can repair themselves. Also, as with every game repairing is the dullest and unrewarding job there is, while also being very dangerous as you are totally oblivious to your surroundings, so just like gunning it simply will not happen frequently.
    Also, if we ask what teamplay value does the tank fulfill really? Does it spot, heal, or support teammates? Is there any synergy involved how they interact with the infantry? Or is it limited to killing potential through explosive bullet saturation? Because not repairing does not hinder that, and any support attacking instead of repairing will fill that role as well. So it is pretty steep to demand "teamplay" actions that directly remove the fun out of the game for that player, while the vehicle itself can not deliver direct teamplay action itself.
    That is mostly down to DICE though as they do not really incentivize gunning, teamplay synergy, repairing etc..
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The AT pistol does anything between 7 and 17 damage right now, and will do 9 on average with the update. Only with the crate you will get 4 of them in a firefight, meaning a maximum of 68 now or 36 after the patch. That is ridiculously low.
    The mines, for a full kill, will need a full resupply via crate, so any offensive use s already discouraged. Besides they are most useful against stationary, meaning oblivious targets. So basically your preferred way of killing a tank is gone.I do not disagree that tanking in this game is stupid, the disabling mechanic is crap, their acceleration and mobility is crap and there is no room for teamplay, team synergy or tactical play. Also the lethality of the counters is ridiculous and condensed into only one class.
    Why should any support engage a tank with 5.2 or even a PF assault, or a frag rifle in slot 4? For the 40 points he gets from depleting his whole ammo, while risking his life? Or the 25% chance of one kill and a vehicle destroy, when he and three other dudes engage a tank? The only logical choice is to just not engage and go to another flag, as you are more mobile than a tank.

Until they remove Systemic Damage to Tanks most will camp with them. That's a Fact.
    My word. Flat damage to all angles but the rear. Remove disables, so tanks can keep their mobility at all times. Increase acceleration and top speed of tanks. Adjust angle aiming and turret speed so you can accomodate more when on non-flat surfaces. Create team synergy through gunner spec trees and generally more teamplay use for the tanks.
    Ah and of course buff the AT damage so, that a topped off assault/support can kill a tank outright with their launcher, and increase their velocity.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Only people who are willing to die as many times as it takes for victory are not going to camp with them much.
    It is these guys who after a round where their team had a terrible performance and they complain about it, someone tries to talk them down that they had more deaths than kills on the scoreboard... But that happens because these guys chose to try to get do the objectives despite the odds.
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    jroggs said:

40 kills in one life on Iwo Jima Breakthrough, finishing with parking my Sherman on the peak of Suribachi for the win

Anyone else notice. Not once did a single person help you by fixing the tank. Even towards the end, where just one guy, like your squad mate could have patched you up so you can continue to fire up the last climb. NOTHING.... 5:56, your taking hit after hit, half health under at one point, your squad mate watching all this as support on the cliff above. You even set a marker to get someone to fix the depot, what does he do?, run past the broken depot you marked, YOU on half health in the tank, and leaves you to eventually get out the tank to fix it yourself.

That must be that, roll with your infantry BS I read about from people delusional on these forums.  

Sometimes teammates lend a repair tool or helpfully fix a broken supply depot, often they don't. I don't depend on it. It's just a happy bonus if it does happen. However, your teammates will ALWAYS fire on nearby enemy infantry they see, which helps protect you even if doing so isn't their direct intention.

So yeah, rolling with your infantry isn't always what's needed at a given moment, but it's typically a smart play, both for your own survival as a tanker and in pursuit of the victory.

And besides, they're not my servants. Do you obsess over the needs or wants of your tankers when/ if you play infantry? Personally, if I see a tank in distress, I'll give it a quick repair or fix a resupply, but then I'm moving on because being a dedicated wrench sidekick isn't fun. Maybe for some people even that quick assist is too much, or more likely it's something they're just not tuned into the game enough to even be aware of. You have to put that stuff aside when playing a game like Battlefield. We're all just trying to win the match together and have fun doing so.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just checked 5.2 patchnotes and it doesn't look like we are getting all these changes tomorrow. At least it's not specified anywhere.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    jroggs said:

Just like with revives, there might be very good reason to not repair and one of them is: I do not want to. It is also not deemed necessary, as tankers can repair themselves. Also, as with every game repairing is the dullest and unrewarding job there is, while also being very dangerous as you are totally oblivious to your surroundings, so just like gunning it simply will not happen frequently.
    Also, if we ask what teamplay value does the tank fulfill really? Does it spot, heal, or support teammates? Is there any synergy involved how they interact with the infantry? Or is it limited to killing potential through explosive bullet saturation? Because not repairing does not hinder that, and any support attacking instead of repairing will fill that role as well. So it is pretty steep to demand "teamplay" actions that directly remove the fun out of the game for that player, while the vehicle itself can not deliver direct teamplay action itself.
    That is mostly down to DICE though as they do not really incentivize gunning, teamplay synergy, repairing etc..
    jroggs said:
    jroggs said:

Sometimes teammates lend a repair tool or helpfully fix a broken supply depot, often they don't. I don't depend on it. It's just a happy bonus if it does happen. However, your teammates will ALWAYS fire on nearby enemy infantry they see, which helps protect you even if doing so isn't their direct intention.

So yeah, rolling with your infantry isn't always what's needed at a given moment, but it's typically a smart play, both for your own survival as a tanker and in pursuit of the victory.

And besides, they're not my servants. Do you obsess over the needs or wants of your tankers when/ if you play infantry? Personally, if I see a tank in distress, I'll give it a quick repair or fix a resupply, but then I'm moving on because being a dedicated wrench sidekick isn't fun. Maybe for some people even that quick assist is too much, or more likely it's something they're just not tuned into the game enough to even be aware of. You have to put that stuff aside when playing a game like Battlefield. We're all just trying to win the match together and have fun doing so.
    It takes seconds to fix a depot in a critical location like that one on that game mode. I'm not saying a guy should dedicate their game to fixing you. But when one of a few tanks that's on half health is under fire in a defensive situation letting off smoke. (Marking out a depot for repair), is just ignored by he's very own squad support guy that observed the whole thing from a vantage point. He runs right passed both. Come on, that's slack and unfortunately all too common. 

If I'm ever taken out of my tank and survive, I head to the nearest tank and support them for the match, or find a fixed AA if planes are dominating the sky. And yea, I'll make sure a depot is up and running on breakthrough, they are too precious to ignore for the team. I'm rarely put in that situation however. When in the tank, if I see a guy heading to revive a mate, I drive over and pop smoke and offer some protection. If I see my men are trying to cross a section, I'll use smoke to help them. If I see a player wanting a lift in my tank, I stop to let them in. It might not be fun but it has it's own rewards. Certainly makes me happy on the rare occasion it happens to me, and I always take the time to thank them with a quick message.     
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    jroggs said:

jroggs said:
    jroggs said:

It takes seconds to fix a depot in a critical location like that one on that game mode. I'm not saying a guy should dedicate their game to fixing you. But when one of a few tanks that's on half health is under fire in a defensive situation letting off smoke. (Marking out a depot for repair), is just ignored by he's very own squad support guy that observed the whole thing from a vantage point. He runs right passed both. Come on, that's slack and unfortunately all too common. 

If I'm ever taken out of my tank and survive, I head to the nearest tank and support them for the match, or find a fixed AA if planes are dominating the sky. And yea, I'll make sure a depot is up and running on breakthrough, they are too precious to ignore for the team. I'm rarely put in that situation however. When in the tank, if I see a guy heading to revive a mate, I drive over and pop smoke and offer some protection. If I see my men are trying to cross a section, I'll use smoke to help them. If I see a player wanting a lift in my tank, I stop to let them in. It might not be fun but it has it's own rewards. Certainly makes me happy on the rare occasion it happens to me, and I always take the time to thank them with a quick message.     
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that anyone who understands how the game works should absolutely lend at least a quick hand when they can, whether it's repairs or revives or resupplies. I certainly try to, as mentioned.

But a lot of players either don't know or just don't care, and it's just one of those things you have to let accept if you want to enjoy Battlefield.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any chance of fixing my tank auto rotating, when I've stopped to shoot at something?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd have been more impressed if they fixed these bugs: 

The tanks bouncing for no reason esp near other vehicles. 
    The grey end of game fog that randomly happens.
    The delayed fire and sound effect. 
    The MG stuck in shooting even whens no ones using it.
    The sound issues where it all cuts out bar some background sounds etc.

And added:

Tanks will get a slight boost in MG damage against infantry at mid/close range. Only be disabled by infantry fire able AT weapons when the tank is below 50% health. And that both the Sherman and type 97 can not be taken out on full health from a single plane bomb run but reduced to 10% health, and all sections disabled for the sake of giving a tank some chance on pacific.     

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So any changes to tank gameplay with the patch? Or Dice postponed all promised stuff?
  • jroggs
    edited December 2019
    So any changes to tank gameplay with the patch? Or Dice postponed all promised stuff?
    Looks like they applied the gadget nerfs. Also I played the Panzer IV and noticed I had a lot less AP ammo (only 4 rounds). So I guess some of it got in, though maybe not all.
    Post edited by jroggs on
  • Yurisputnik
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sherman AP round has had it’s nerf, no longer 2 or 3 shots for a kill. Also, some shots which definitely hit the enemy hull are still not registering. I’ve not played long enough to notice much else, been playing Pacific maps exclusively since patch. 
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very useful post. Thanks!
  • Cerben1
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well the  japanese are in the game now so i understand why all tanks are made of rice-paper =P
  • MBT_Layzan
    I find the tank combat is awful after these changes. What ever little skill was needed before has been washed away now. 
  • SIy_Badger
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please REMOVE animation for leaving the vehicle? This is just the worst thing in this game. It is a certain death in 7 out of 10 cases. Even worse in planes - jumping over the flag in the middle of the map leaves the plane exiting player thrown out of the map and dying deserting. Incredible how something like this can be part of this game? Any chance to get this removed?
  • BadShotLarry
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please REMOVE animation for leaving the vehicle? This is just the worst thing in this game. It is a certain death in 7 out of 10 cases. Even worse in planes - jumping over the flag in the middle of the map leaves the plane exiting player thrown out of the map and dying deserting. Incredible how something like this can be part of this game? Any chance to get this removed?

I hate this too, i dont even spawn on planes anymore for this reason....somehow happens everytime...anyway,  if i had a nickel for everytime im in the middle of a shootout in my valentine, and someone spawns and exits the vehicle blocking my view for a couple seconds, either allowing me to take damage or let the guy get away....well....id have alot of damn nickels!!
  • jroggs
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I find the tank combat is awful after these changes. What ever little skill was needed before has been washed away now. 

Agreed. The splash damage is so generous now that you can camp and snipe from even further than ever. I got into a Panzer IV and racked up 38 kills in about 12 minutes, and the only thing that stopped me from going further was the enemy team giving up even trying and then the end of the match. Meanwhile, tank-vs-tank is so dumbed down that it's not remotely enjoyable or satisfying anymore.
  • jroggs
    SIy_Badger wrote: »
    No. Stop asking for magic powers.