Possible new meta

BaronVonGoon
7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2019

Assault changes:

Most aren’t accurate enough to land the extra bullet from distance using the slow firing SARs (Garand, Karabin, G43, Selb) so we'll see a reduced engagement range meta. Shotguns nerfed. Sturmgewehr 1-5 now useless, 2 more BTK at close and long range. STG ROF increased.
New meta guns:
Gewehr 1-5, M1A1, STG

Medic:
Hardest hit class. Everything nerfed.
New meta guns:
MP40, Sten

Support:
KE7, Bren, Lewis previously had a slightly better range damage than assault rifles now nerfed and have the same damage model as an STG (Why even bother using them).
MMG range nerf to all MMGs (high five to all).
LS/26, FG-42 already were weaker in CQB (20 bullets) than SMGs and assault rifles but at least had much better range damage, now have awful range damage similar to SMGs.
New meta:
Support is dead. Only hardcore supports will stick to support and use KE7 or Lewis. Rest will go to assault and recon.

Recon:
Recon SLRs now even more useless with a ROF nerf (Not a complaint, the more useless campers are the better for the rest of us). Trench carbines damage nerf.
New meta:
Less SLRs, more bolt action. More former MMG campers, now Boyes AT campers.

Conclusion:
Generally speaking, this will reduce the average engagement ranges. More run and gun.

Other changes:
What’s Rim lighting?
• Added an option that allows players to disable the soldier rim lighting. This option is named "Character Lighting" and is available in Gameplay Advanced (default ON).

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Good rundown I think the g1-5 will be my new goto for assault with double hipfire and 3 shots to kill.
    Or the stg.

Medic jungle carbine or (possibly) the mab - needs 5btk now but has 600 rpm and double hipfire and a "range advantage". I'll see if that's enough to keep it somewhat usable.

Support Lewis as before it's an stg with bigger mag but lower rof.

Recon - k98 as before.

Yay for diversity :|
  • ProAssassin2003
    3853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I've stuck with the MP34 as my favorite Medic gun glad to see it on any Balance Change list as it's not received anything. Finally my patience has payed off.

Can't wait to try the changes tomorrow. Will be interesting.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well my analysis is the following. We have the FTK charts for the Tommy and kht120 is going to do an overall rundown of the changes. Right now, if you do not want to uninstall I would:
    1. Medics, use the Jungle Carbine at all ranges. Use Slings and Swivels and do the sidearm swap for the best TTK. If you insist on using an SMG on ANY map bar Metro it will either need to be EMP, which still is 4 up close and the highest ROF. Otherwise MAB might still be barely usable.
    2. As Support, I would just use the Madsen. You have enough time to always ADS and with 40 bullets you can kill at all ranges. Lewis is also doable. The rest is crap-tier, and you will not be able to secure a kill with the FG or LS beyond 20-25m.
    3. As Recon: ZH, you need even more pristine accuracy with a 3HK, but at least you have a mag. Pistol Carbines only on PC if you can click 450 times a minute and only if you can really control engagements to never be above 20m. Otherwise you will wear out your wrists. BAs are good now, since many weapons and whole weapon classes can simply not fight back.
    4. Assault, as the least affected class, I would go for (unless ROF nerf) G 1-5 or M1A1 on PC. Turner is still a strong contender, although now the stripper clip reload will hurt. MAS is way too limiting. You can still make a case for the M1, I suppose, if you used the left spec tree before. AG is lacking the hipfire spec, yet also a solid choice if you can aim, better than the MAS. ARs are just stupid now, Breda is useless, since it's niche was removed, STG 1-5 likely is the worst starter weapon this game has (and it's new start damage is it's old end damage), Ribeyrolles is okayish and STG44 remains largely unchanged meaning it climbs the ladder since everything else got hurt badly.
    Overall you will see people not being able to engage others, yet will be engaged by Madsens and BAs and BACs at range inflicting heavy attrition and damage. I mean the maps are still as awfully open as before. Meaning killing will happen at close range only on objectives. At the same time you will need to reload after every kill for most engagements, since as soon as you expend 50% of your bullets you will not be able to secure a kill, meaning 2-3 seconds of downtime after every kill, with higher player density and 64p in general. Flanking is pretty much useless unless you are Assault (M1, G1-5) or Madsen, Lewis user, as you simply do not have the mag capacity to kill more than one person with your primary.
    Zerging, teamshot and not being able to fight enemies in your clear FOV is the new meta.
  • Matty101yttam
    1408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pretty sure rim lighting is the very faint glow they added to characters to make them more visible.
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure the ZH will be a 3HK ? It's not clear. The patch note indicate 2-3 bullets to kill, but the damages will not be changed, only ROF...
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just started gold plating the FG42, now I'm going to stop until its buffed. Well hopefully lol.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well my analysis is the following. We have the FTK charts for the Tommy and kht120 is going to do an overall rundown of the changes. Right now, if you do not want to uninstall I would:1. Medics, use the Jungle Carbine at all ranges. Use Slings and Swivels and do the sidearm swap for the best TTK. If you insist on using an SMG on ANY map bar Metro it will either need to be EMP, which still is 4 up close and the highest ROF. Otherwise MAB might still be barely usable.
    2. As Support, I would just use the Madsen. You have enough time to always ADS and with 40 bullets you can kill at all ranges. Lewis is also doable. The rest is crap-tier, and you will not be able to secure a kill with the FG or LS beyond 20-25m.
    3. As Recon: ZH, you need even more pristine accuracy with a 3HK, but at least you have a mag. Pistol Carbines only on PC if you can click 450 times a minute and only if you can really control engagements to never be above 20m. Otherwise you will wear out your wrists. BAs are good now, since many weapons and whole weapon classes can simply not fight back.
    4. Assault, as the least affected class, I would go for (unless ROF nerf) G 1-5 or M1A1 on PC. Turner is still a strong contender, although now the stripper clip reload will hurt. MAS is way too limiting. You can still make a case for the M1, I suppose, if you used the left spec tree before. AG is lacking the hipfire spec, yet also a solid choice if you can aim, better than the MAS. ARs are just stupid now, Breda is useless, since it's niche was removed, STG 1-5 likely is the worst starter weapon this game has (and it's new start damage is it's old end damage), Ribeyrolles is okayish and STG44 remains largely unchanged meaning it climbs the ladder since everything else got hurt badly.
    .Overall you will see people not being able to engage others, yet will be engaged by Madsens and BAs and BACs at range inflicting heavy attrition and damage. I mean the maps are still as awfully open as before. Meaning killing will happen at close range only on objectives. At the same time you will need to reload after every kill for most engagements, since as soon as you expend 50% of your bullets you will not be able to secure a kill, meaning 2-3 seconds of downtime after every kill, with higher player density and 64p in general. Flanking is pretty much useless unless you are Assault (M1, G1-5) or Madsen, Lewis user, as you simply do not have the mag capacity to kill more than one person with your primary.
    Zerging, teamshot and not being able to fight enemies in your clear FOV is the new meta.

But I'm getting reports of Mag Sizes changing. For example the FG will have a 60 round Magazine now instead of 20. Maybe they are trolling not sure.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I don't understand is the people who keep saying everything is unusable now. If everything got nerfed, then it should mean that the balance among weapons remains the same right?

If you can't kill someone fast anymore then neither can your enemy.

I'm glad that Bolt Actions might actually be useful now. I've been using the Commando and Jungle Carbines to get my aggressive BA fix since BFV hasn't catered to that playstyle till this update. But it will be nice to have more options.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I don't understand is the people who keep saying everything is unusable now. If everything got nerfed, then it should mean that the balance among weapons remains the same right?

I'm glad that Bolt Actions might actually be useful now. I've been using the Commando and Jungle Carbines to get my aggressive BA fix since BFV hasn't catered to that playstyle till this update. But it will be nice to have more options.

Nah, everything *except assault* is getting nerfed. Assault was already, by far, the strongest class. Thats what people are talking about.
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i agree with this prediction , except i think every support will stick to their Lewis gun like it used to be
  • ashar_saleem121
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Nah, everything *except assault* is getting nerfed. Assault was already, by far, the strongest class. Thats what people are talking about.

But didnt the automatics as well as the semis get longer range nerfs?
  • ProAssassin2003

I'm sorry but at least on PS4 Medic is the most abused Class in the game. I get killed by non stop Medics with the same guns. Only when the M1 Garand launched did it get better.

Thompson and the other easy mode Hose cannons are getting Nerfed and thank God. Long overdue.
  • CnConrad
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The issue is that unless you want to mindlessly run point blank into enemies and spam them in the face there is only 1-3 weapons you can use with each class.

That and they used absolute cartoon damage models.

For some reason they decided all fast firing guns should hit the same damage regardless of class or what the gun actually was.

It appears the fg42 the Thompson the mg42 and the m107 are all the same gun just for different classes
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sorry but at least on PS4 Medic is the most abused Class in the game. I get killed by non stop Medics with the same guns. Only when the M1 Garand launched did it get better.

Thompson and the other easy mode Hose cannons are getting Nerfed and thank God. Long overdue.
    problem being overdone , i used suomi quite often these day , i do agree its wayy to easy . but honestly assault is straight up easier 
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well my analysis is the following. We have the FTK charts for the Tommy and kht120 is going to do an overall rundown of the changes. Right now, if you do not want to uninstall I would:1. Medics, use the Jungle Carbine at all ranges. Use Slings and Swivels and do the sidearm swap for the best TTK. If you insist on using an SMG on ANY map bar Metro it will either need to be EMP, which still is 4 up close and the highest ROF. Otherwise MAB might still be barely usable.
    .Overall you will see people not being able to engage others, yet will be engaged by Madsens and BAs and BACs at range inflicting heavy attrition and damage. I mean the maps are still as awfully open as before. Meaning killing will happen at close range only on objectives. At the same time you will need to reload after every kill for most engagements, since as soon as you expend 50% of your bullets you will not be able to secure a kill, meaning 2-3 seconds of downtime after every kill, with higher player density and 64p in general. Flanking is pretty much useless unless you are Assault (M1, G1-5) or Madsen, Lewis user, as you simply do not have the mag capacity to kill more than one person with your primary.

But I'm getting reports of Mag Sizes changing. For example the FG will have a 60 round Magazine now instead of 20. Maybe they are trolling not sure.
    The FG shoots 8mm Mauser from a side-mounted mag. Look at the Madsen 40 round mag.You want that sticking out of the side of a gun? They can't simply increase mag sizes, and they won't as they would need to change models, animations etc., while the result would be comic. Oh maybe the MP34 will have 30 rounds by default now, other than that there is no room for mag size changes.
  • GrizzGolf
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medic got screwed in this update
  • VincentNZ
    GrizzGolf said:
    Medic got screwed in this update
    Jungle Carbine with pistol swap is the new meta.
  • Hawxxeye
    7460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:

The FG shoots 8mm Mauser from a side-mounted mag. Look at the Madsen 40 round mag.You want that sticking out of the side of a gun? They can't simply increase mag sizes, and they won't as they would need to change models, animations etc., while the result would be comic. Oh maybe the MP34 will have 30 rounds by default now, other than that there is no room for mag size changes.
    What is preventing them from just increasing the real capacities of the mags without changing the visual size of them?
  • BloodsquadNL
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The FG42 got nerfed to oblivion. Like it wasn't hard enough already to secure a kill at long rang. 11 Bullets??? What a joke. The weapon had already it's issues, now it's unusable. Do the devs even know what they are doing?
  • VincentNZ
    Hawxxeye said:
    VincentNZ said:

What is preventing them from just increasing the real capacities of the mags without changing the visual size of them?
    Well, sure that can happen. But the outcry over this would likely be even higher than over the BTK change. They already have some leeway, with sizes and capacities. In that case there is no reason why all SLRs should not have ten rounds.
    For many weapons it is technically and physically not possible to have higher capacities, regardless of the cosmetic effect. An FG 42 with even a 30 round magazine would put a considerable amount of weight and to the mag receiver anything beyond is just ridiculous. Imagine the M1 had ten rounds in the clip, which would make it the pre TTK0.25 MAS44, totally doable from even a balance POV. Iconicness and authenticity prevents any change.