Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• CHAMMOND1992
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    Last time I checked having to land MORE shots does require more skill than less shots.  
    More skill to land shots, but dumbs down strategic movement. Game as a whole got easier. Which is the entire reason the update even exists.
    Depends on what people define as skill. Whoever has better tracking and recoil control now wins. And the guys that know the stats of the weapons so they know what they can avoid. All cognitive skills got nerfed like flanking, movement, also reaction time and engagement control.
    People weren't good at the latter, so there had to be a learning curve to it. A learning curve DICE deemed too high for noobs/beginners.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I dont get is if the game got easier then the good players should be even better now right?
  • ashar_saleem121
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I dont get is if the game got easier then the good players should be even better now right?

Correct. The exact opposite of what DICE is trying to achieve. And in the process, making the game worse for all.

Because of one simple truth: you cannot close the skill gap between veterans with literally thousands of hours and blueberries from other titles.

It just can’t be done. Anything they try to do to help noobs (m16a3 in BF3, 3d spotting, linear maps, nerfed armor, scope glint, hellreigle, etc.) will just be used more effectively by vets.

The solution? Just make a good game and the noobs play and become vets themselves.

tl;dr You cant patch around the skill gap. Yet DICE will burn Battlefield to the ground trying.

But if it's easier, and the skilled players do better how is it worse? Didn't people want there to be a skill gap? I don't understand the logic here
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Can someone confirm that ZH and 1906 need sometimes 3 bullets to kill now ?  I tried ZH and didn't notice that.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've havn't had an issue with the changes so far.  Rather not have the spotting, but gunplay feels fine and freshens things up a bit.
  • TheGM86
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Forum is complaining about the TTK change.
    The Forum is full of skill malnourished goofs who don't know what they are talking about.
    Game has probably been improved.
  • ragnarok013
    3774 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's awful.

@Loqtrall care to elaborate on your points so DICE has additional data to look at?
  • SgtMDuck
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did not even get to play, 5-10 seconds the crash....