5.2 TTK change [Megathread]

Comments

  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SICIOUS wrote: »
    (Quote)
    TTK is fine you need to get better at the game especially given the fact that you are new to it. No amount of gun change will make you a better player. The skilled player will still crush you. You need to keep moving learn choke points and areas where people like to camp. Also I don't camp or stay prone very often so that argument is moot.

    Is this your first BF game? Are you mainly a COD player?

    I'm a pretty good player and my stats reflect that but I still think that the TTK needs to change. Because I dont like this twitch shooter that BFV is. I like the more variety in gunplay that BF1 provides. You have to choose your weapon wisely and be more versatile rather than just use the StG and win.

    There needs to be a niche for skill cannons but they cannot exist in BFV currently because the META guns kill you too quickly and from too far away.

    My PSN is Ashar121 in case you want to look up my stats for both BF1 and BFV.

    It's not about good player versus bad player. It's about the game mechanics that promote camping and restrict movement

    If you think BFV is a "Twitch shooter" then you have not played the latest COD Modern Warfare, clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Typical newbie player.

    When you claim players just use the STG and win, is a nonsense and absurd statement. Please go play BF1 as clearly you are not cut out to play BFV. 

    Funny your stats don't appear under your name so we have no idea if you are a good player or not, just your word. LOL, not found on Origin either.  Being a good player is subjective. I find players that support their squad with revives and proper orders and supply ammo and stick together as a squad  "good players" Not necessarily KDR 

    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/PvtJohnTowle/overview
    Think you're being a little harsh here mate. 

    He's stated in his post what his PSN name is and his stats seem alright. Actually I've no idea what good or bad is, but he's got a decent enough K/D, SPM by my admittedly average standards and he pitches in with the teamwork.

    I've gotta say I agree with him. Picked up an STG with a 3x Scope when I was getting over run as Recon and while I definitely wasn't wasting people at 100 metres, I was reaching some fairly decent ranges with no real difficulty. (Whosoever gun it was gave it a bloody good load out actually.)
    Now if I as an average to low player have no difficulty just popping a 3x Scope on and profiting with any gun at almost any range, then is there not something rather limiting and perhaps dull about V's gun play?

    I don't think the current design is bad, but it has become quite dull to me.

    In regard to the 'Twitch Shooter' comment, the TTK in V is absolutely nothing like MW I agree. However like me he's on PS4 and the TTD is almost identical. It does lead to that shall we say 'twitchy' style of play. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it does get boring to me after a year of playing.

    There's a lot of 'Git Gud' comments on here for a game that at its heart has a casual design (let's be honest, Battlefield is brilliant but it isn't rocket science) and an extremely casual player base. 

    Personally I can't wait to try the changes just because it will add a fresh challenge in learning the new meta and a reason to keep playing V.


  • GrizzGolf
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it time yet for the new update?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    If you think BFV is a "Twitch shooter" then you have not played the latest COD Modern Warfare, clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Typical newbie player.

    When you claim players just use the STG and win, is a nonsense and absurd statement. Please go play BF1 as clearly you are not cut out to play BFV. 

    Funny your stats don't appear under your name so we have no idea if you are a good player or not, just your word. LOL, not found on Origin either.  Being a good player is subjective. I find players that support their squad with revives and proper orders and supply ammo and stick together as a squad  "good players" Not necessarily KDR 

    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/PvtJohnTowle/overview

    Lol. Newbie. Try over 1300 hours in BF1. Only a modest 150 or so in BFV but thats because I stopped playing in January.


    So you have no idea what the TTK is like as you haven't played the game in 11 months. Do you think you are an expert? Why would I bother looking up your stats when you don't even play the game, waste of time.  An armchair expert at that and a newbie with just over 6 days playtime with BFV 

    But your claim that you haven't played since January is false https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/Ashar121/gamereports  you have been playing recently on a regular basis. Your credibility has just taken a massive nosedive. Do not believe anything you say. 
  • ashar_saleem121
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

    So you have no idea what the TTK is like as you haven't played the game in 11 months. Do you think you are an expert? Why would I bother looking up your stats when you don't even play the game, waste of time.  An armchair expert at that and a newbie with just over 6 days playtime with BFV 

    But your claim that you haven't played since January is false https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/psn/Ashar121/gamereports  you have been playing recently on a regular basis. Your credibility has just taken a massive nosedive. Do not believe anything you say. 

    I should have been more clear. I hadnt played since January up until very recently AKA the Pacific Update. When my friends convinced me to join back in. I was pointing toward my 150 hours versus the 1300 on BF1 with regards to comparitive playing time.

    But sure, ignore everything else I mentioned guy on a minor detail. I happen to know quite a lot about the BF1 and BFV TTKs.

    You know who latches onto an inconsequential detail to try and prove theyre right? People who don't have valid counter-points to arguments being placed in front of them.

    You started by calling me a newbie (which is laughable to say the least as anyone will tell you having seen the stats for themselves) and now have moved onto contradicting yourself by saying I play regularly? What? Is this real life?

  • MisguidedWarrior
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't want the TTK changes DICE.
  • MisguidedWarrior
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Increase the recoil pattern of guns that shouldn't do well at range.
  • GrizzGolf
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Increase the recoil pattern of guns that shouldn't do well at range.
    That would have been a nice fix
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    they gave the Japanese team a plane that can one shot a tank, whilst they gave the Americans a glider bomb that would more often than not fly straight up into the air, not mention the Japanese planes are just way better at dogfighting because of their more centralised gun placement.
    True. The Planes need a tweak, but the US have more tanks in BT, so here it make some sense that the Zero have better options for taking out tanks, but dogfighting should be on equal terms.
    But the US bombs could use a buff. They are more or less useless especially the glider bomb.
  • kremt_host
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played enough after the patch to notice the big differences in TTK. And I already got killed way too much, while staying at the top third of the scoreboard because i PTFO. What would tell DICE off, instead of complaining, is just playing less, then they'll tweak the game back again. So many walls of text here that the devs will never read.

    Now this is an undercommunicated point I think: You effectively have two roles in BF:V, one as a commander at the loadout screen, where you choose which soldier with what weapon goes where, taking note of coming situations and concrete control points, and another role as that soldier on the battlefield. Seems kindof obvious when you see how streamlined changing gear is compared to earlier games. I can see this bothering players with only one playstyle, but for me it's actually more realistic, or at least gives more (albeit forced) variety in gameplay.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't want the TTK changes DICE.


    Nor do we want to the auto spotting. We don't even want the patch. What we want is Wake island.
  • RayearthIX
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So... as yet another random player leaving comment: 

    I played 6 or 7 games last night, all Frontlines. I played 1 game as Recon, 2 as Support, and 3 or 4 as Medic (which is pretty standard for me, as I prefer keeping other players supplied and alive given my ~.75 K/D over 130+ hours, so I rarely play Assault unless we need to kill a tank and no one else is). Here are my thoughts. 

    1. I use the Type 100 and ZK-383 mostly on the Medic (with the occasional Commando or Jungle Carbine). I apparently need to learn to not bother shooting at people further away, as I do so little damage it is meaningless. It's not like I was sniping with these weapons before, but now when I see someone running across an open area, I might as well not bother firing. That said, the lower recoil meant that I was landing a lot more shots, and more head shots, at all ranges. However, my ttk was noticeably higher and the most kills I got in a magazine was 3, and that was only due to some luck with positioning. I did, strangely, get quite a few double kills though due to the increased head shots. As to the Carbines, I noticed no difference (makes sense since they weren't changed), but since enemies seemed to be rushing more, I had trouble at my desired range with them. 

    2. Support was horrendous. My favorite weapon is the Bren, and I felt like I needed an entire magazine to get any kills. Maybe its adjusting my aim for the new recoil, or something else, I don't know, but it was horrible. I did two lives with an MMG (both with the M1919), and it was awful. I, maybe, got one kill in the few dozen hits I landed at medium range. People kept running over open area, I kept shooting, and no one died. 

    3. Recon sniping was as normal (and I only do it with the Boys as I'm not a reliable head-shot person), but the pistol carbine was hot garbage. I use the P08. and it feels like it fires significantly faster, but I'm missing more shots and the ones I do hit aren't doing any damage. It was frustrating to play. 

    4. Spotting. I think, in concept, the spotting addition makes some sense. However, it has a major glaring issue that clearly was either ignored, or not considered. As a Medic, I am now clearly spotted in my smoke when trying to get revives. The WHOLE POINT of smoke is to prevent visibility, but enemies can now spot you in smoke?! I am also not a fan of health bars over peoples heads. Yes, it lets me know how close they are to death, but it seems unnecessary, especially since most of the time an enemy gets behind cover due to the range changes. 

    5. One of the reasons for this patch was, supposedly, to prevent people from getting deleted without knowing what killed them. Yeah... no, that hasn't happened. At least half of my deaths yesterday came from ARs or Rifles shooting me from I have no idea where. I don't know if its a packet transfer issue (a la when the game first launched) or something else, but that didn't change at all. -_- 

    So, that's one player's thoughts. Take it as you will. I will probably try a bit more over the weekend, but I definitely was having less fun playing last night compared to pre-patch. :( 
  • Wally_Moddo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

    True. The Planes need a tweak, but the US have more tanks in BT, so here it make some sense that the Zero have better options for taking out tanks, but dogfighting should be on equal terms.
    But the US bombs could use a buff. They are more or less useless especially the glider bomb.
    Aside from the Japanese planes being better the only vehicle/plane that is in favour of the Americans is the AA LVT, and only because it has a better turret traverse range.
    the hachi is just all round better than  the calliope, the Sherman loses out against the Japanese variant in Anti tank as you have to specifically change to AP rounds which takes not much time but its still enough for you to lose a fair fight.
    The SAR's now lose at pretty much every range, close you will get rekt by smg's, medium range you will lose to AR's/LMG's and long range snipers and carbines just roll you whilst you have to hit them 3-6 headshots to kill. the best weapons at the moment are pistols for up close you only lose to shotguns. the jungle carbine is also op as its a 1 shot headshot, but self loading rifles require 2, whilst the also fire either slower or just as fast.

    pretty sure the beta testers can't aim, if they even have them.

  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SICIOUS wrote: »
    (Quote)
    TTK is fine you need to get better at the game especially given the fact that you are new to it. No amount of gun change will make you a better player. The skilled player will still crush you. You need to keep moving learn choke points and areas where people like to camp. Also I don't camp or stay prone very often so that argument is moot.

    Is this your first BF game? Are you mainly a COD player?

    I'm a pretty good player and my stats reflect that but I still think that the TTK needs to change. Because I dont like this twitch shooter that BFV is. I like the more variety in gunplay that BF1 provides. You have to choose your weapon wisely and be more versatile rather than just use the StG and win.

    There needs to be a niche for skill cannons but they cannot exist in BFV currently because the META guns kill you too quickly and from too far away.

    My PSN is Ashar121 in case you want to look up my stats for both BF1 and BFV.

    It's not about good player versus bad player. It's about the game mechanics that promote camping and restrict movement

    If you think BFV is a "Twitch shooter" then you have not played the latest COD Modern Warfare, clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about. Typical newbie player.

    When you claim players just use the STG and win, is a nonsense and absurd statement. Please go play BF1 as clearly you are not cut out to play BFV. 

    Funny your stats don't appear under your name so we have no idea if you are a good player or not, just your word. LOL, not found on Origin either.  Being a good player is subjective. I find players that support their squad with revives and proper orders and supply ammo and stick together as a squad  "good players" Not necessarily KDR 

    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/PvtJohnTowle/overview
    Think you're being a little harsh here mate. 

    He's stated in his post what his PSN name is and his stats seem alright. Actually I've no idea what good or bad is, but he's got a decent enough K/D, SPM by my admittedly average standards and he pitches in with the teamwork.

    I've gotta say I agree with him. Picked up an STG with a 3x Scope when I was getting over run as Recon and while I definitely wasn't wasting people at 100 metres, I was reaching some fairly decent ranges with no real difficulty. (Whosoever gun it was gave it a bloody good load out actually.)
    Now if I as an average to low player have no difficulty just popping a 3x Scope on and profiting with any gun at almost any range, then is there not something rather limiting and perhaps dull about V's gun play?

    I don't think the current design is bad, but it has become quite dull to me.

    In regard to the 'Twitch Shooter' comment, the TTK in V is absolutely nothing like MW I agree. However like me he's on PS4 and the TTD is almost identical. It does lead to that shall we say 'twitchy' style of play. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but it does get boring to me after a year of playing.

    There's a lot of 'Git Gud' comments on here for a game that at its heart has a casual design (let's be honest, Battlefield is brilliant but it isn't rocket science) and an extremely casual player base. 

    Personally I can't wait to try the changes just because it will add a fresh challenge in learning the new meta and a reason to keep playing V.


    Luckily you got a STG.  I got revived and they stole my RSC and gave me some staple gun. Luckily it had enough bullets to shoot the tank mines I tossed at a enemy tank for frontlines to get the flag and get out of that server for some conquest.
  • Conker
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTK change will be good.
    it sucks.

    weapons are unbalanced too. worse now than ever!
  • Robin_Hood_One_X
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or was this thread at least 50 pages long yesterday?
  • GrizzGolf
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Conker said:
    TTK change will be good.
    it sucks.

    weapons are unbalanced too. worse now than ever!
    Conker said:
    TTK change will be good.
    it sucks.

    weapons are unbalanced too. worse now than ever!
    I agree. Some of the guns are wack now. 
  • CT1924
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    (Quote)

    A "few rounds" translates to +2 +6. Hits that is, not bullets. If you need 14 or even just 10 bullets to kill, that this is a huge portion of any mag size. But I am sure they will add a drum magazine on the M1 Garand, or a 50 round, 1m long stick magazine on the side of the MP34.
    If you have 30 rounds in your weapon and need 10 to kill an opponent you need an accuracy of 33%. Look at your own stats and consider your own accuracy. You are below that? Well, so is everyone else.Two days ago, a guy here said that tapping on the head is the way to kill an enemy at 30m with the Tommy Gun. Accuracy showed 11%. New BTK model means 9 BTK, or five headshots. Well that is not even happening with a drum magazine.People simply do not analyze their own stats, they have no idea at the ranges they actively engage, or are forced to engage, nor do they know the already tight limits on many weapon classes of BFV. Like people still think that the STG44 is a good weapon, or that recoil control is all skill and 100% counterable.

    Stg44 is good though(compared to everything else). Practically no recoil, and if you go all left specs you have the draw time of an smg and mobile accuracy. Vertically recoil can be adjusted for, but not negated. So yes and no.
  • Celsi_GER
    859 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 19
    The STG-44 is almost as overpowered as the type 2a.
    Stable, high ROF and good enough damage even if your aiming is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯: the mag is big enough to forgive even bad aiming until mag is empty.

    Like the ancient Roman already said:
    ceterum autem censeo updatum 5.2 esse rollbackam
    ( I furthermore think that Update 5.2 should be rolled back)
This discussion has been closed.