Enter exit animations need to go away

124»

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    4141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    99 of 100 times you still die (because of the trash long animations, insane fast TTK) or land out of boundaries, makes no difference at all.

If you die, it takes even more time to redeploy ...

Next to that: for defenders on BT a ticket makes no diffence, they have unlimited ...
    It always amazes me how far people go to try and avoid saying “oh that’s a reasonable point, I can see where you’re coming from”

You keep doing you.
    I just don't agree with you, has nothing to do if something is reasonable or not.

There are some very poor mechanics/balancing issues in this game that make redeploying the best option in a lot of cases.
  • Hawxxeye
    6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    (Quote)
    99 of 100 times you still die (because of the trash long animations, insane fast TTK) or land out of boundaries, makes no difference at all.

Next to that: for defenders on BT a ticket makes no diffence, they have unlimited ...
    It always amazes me how far people go to try and avoid saying “oh that’s a reasonable point, I can see where you’re coming from”

You keep doing you.
    I just don't agree with you, has nothing to do if something is reasonable or not.

There are some very poor mechanics/balancing issues in this game that make redeploying the best option in a lot of cases.

I even suspect that redeploying as a defender when the attackers have taken a sector guarantees you will not be killed by thee attackers thus denying them 5 tickets  on breakthrough if you are too far from the edge of the sector to make it out safely
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Fourzero said:
    Animations are awful. Ruined tank crews by making it incredibly frustrating for the Support players to do their job. Instead, they now die to random splash damage from shells / rockets.
    Yup, a lots changed with tanks over BF1/V. I struggle to think of anything I like that has. I miss the days of where a random could be an assets to tank, and where if faced with skilled pilots, you could as a tanker jump out to jump onto a fixed AA to get some payback, or ward them off you a bit with a personal AA weapon or even AT one. 

People say it's unrealistic, so whats materialising next to a squad mate out of thin air then? 
    That's also terrible.

Luckily it's nowhere near as bad as it was in BF1, but I still run into circumstances where an enemy will teleport onto his teammate at the worst possible moment and wax me.

It's an easy fix: make squad-spawning proximity based. This way you can spawn right on top of a squadmate when he's by himself, but if there's a nearby enemy you spawn in a safe distance away, the same way you spawn away from a controlled-but-contested objective.
    Actually something like this already happens but it's range is very short, like 5 meters or something, but you actually can't spawn on a teammate when the enemy is too close. Unfortunately the spawn system in general is broken due to the laggy zoom in effect, so a lot of times ppl spawn when they shouldn't be able to. 
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    snavelaer wrote: »
    (Quote)
    First off all I don't see  a problem in that.
    But if I would bail in an absolute emergency to gun you down. Wouldn't it be better that if I would bail I would need to first reload my gun before I can shoot?
    No need for these animations .
    Can you say with dry eyes it is fair when you stand next to my tank and I exit that you can shoot me but I can't do litterelly do NOTHING? Zero, null.

You think the exit animation is pointless. So how long before you say the reload on exit is pointless?

Teamwork, I am not meant to be next to your tank. You should either have a gunner or infantry support to stop me, or safely far away.

It is the same exit animation for both driver and passenger.
    It is not just there to slow the driver getting out it is also slow the passenger getting and using rockets.

I think it is both bullocks but players are quick to say something is not balanced.

Players are complaining they get gunned down with quick exit. My suggestion counters that. At least the tanker has control over movement and can do something instead of 2 seconds of no control at all
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Actually something like this already happens but it's range is very short, like 5 meters or something, but you actually can't spawn on a teammate when the enemy is too close. Unfortunately the spawn system in general is broken due to the laggy zoom in effect, so a lot of times ppl spawn when they shouldn't be able to. 

Also when it is perfectly safe to spawn for a squadmate they can’t spawn.

For example you are close to a enemy tank firing shells or you are near the trajectory of the shells.
  • snavelaer
    (Quote)
    But if I would bail in an absolute emergency to gun you down. Wouldn't it be better that if I would bail I would need to first reload my gun before I can shoot?
    Can you say with dry eyes it is fair when you stand next to my tank and I exit that you can shoot me but I can't do litterelly do NOTHING? Zero, null.

You think the exit animation is pointless. So how long before you say the reload on exit is pointless?

Teamwork, I am not meant to be next to your tank. You should either have a gunner or infantry support to stop me, or safely far away.

It is not just there to slow the driver getting out it is also slow the passenger getting and using rockets.
    Also I don't see it as problem that a secondary pops out to destroy a tank with a rocketlauncher. Also this wasn't a watertide tactic. When you would destroy a tank and at the last second the tanker would bail to pop an RPG he first needed to swtich to his RPG. A small time but often enough to gun him down with the coacxil gun. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    (Quote)

Also I don't see it as problem that a secondary pops out to destroy a tank with a rocketlauncher. Also this wasn't a watertide tactic. When you would destroy a tank and at the last second the tanker would bail to pop an RPG he first needed to swtich to his RPG. A small time but often enough to gun him down with the coacxil gun. 
    Never bothered me either. I'd take a guy jumping out to RPG my tank gladly, that's team play as far as I'm concerned. And if an actual tank driver jumps out, that's a big risk/reward, you could be giving the enemy your tank.   
  • snavelaer
    snavelaer said:
    (Quote)

Never bothered me either. I'd take a guy jumping out to RPG my tank gladly, that's team play as far as I'm concerned. And if an actual tank driver jumps out, that's a big risk/reward, you could be giving the enemy your tank.   
    Boom. Crrgghhh Snavelaer to Layzan , over! Layzan here, crrrrggghhh! I just canistered a guy in a T90, you interested, over, cccrrrrgggh! Gimme that bad boy, Snav, I will keep it all match, crrrrgghh! Oh btw Layzan that guy runned support, lol. I stole his kit and put his Ammocrate down the road for our Stingers, crrrrggghhh.

You can't do any of the above anymore. Teamplay. You want teamplay right?! But because there are people that whine and whine and whine on this forum it is impossible.

Oh my, Oh my,  I am so glad you can't steal tanks anymore.  Hihi, you should go down with your tank anyways. Yeah these animations are good. Just like repairing inside .

When hunting dogtags was still fun Layzan was hunted frantically and there was a risk involved for him to repair. Now noone will never get his a chance of obtaining his tags because he will not be outside his tank ever to repair. He doesn't need to do his dissapearing tricks when he knows he is destroyed. 

Oh my, oh my, knifing is so OP. A one hit kill? Really? Let's slice eachother and if you are behind someone, hmmmm, than it is a one hit kill. Hihi if the netcode allows it ofcourse hihi.  Why don't we add an animation so if you get behind someone and you knife him it takes WAY LONGER than just to shoot him. No need to try to knife someone. All because of whiners on this forum. 

You remember that Crazy Russian chopper pilot in Vietnam who we shall not name Layzan? He actually jumped scared me at times. He would jump from I don't know where and knife you. The freak. 

• sabootheshaman
    1225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    (Quote)

You keep doing you.

I even suspect that redeploying as a defender when the attackers have taken a sector guarantees you will not be killed by thee attackers thus denying them 5 tickets  on breakthrough if you are too far from the edge of the sector to make it out safely
    Because yes we are making decisions based on one scenario in Breakthrough...
  • Hawxxeye
    6723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    (Quote)

You keep doing you.

Because yes we are making decisions based on one scenario in Breakthrough...

I am just pointing out that redeploy has a lot of uses including those that circumvent some game mechanics. I am fine with that but I believe it needs to be acknowledged.
  • xKusagamix
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    The exit/enter animations need to be sped up and tweaked. BF1's system was fine, i don't know why they feel the need to make it's more backward and frustrating.

In previous game we could exit at where we look at, so it's more safe to exit and help repairing vehicles, and enter animation doesn't require you to stand at the exact door/hatch position to enter, it's also help to quickly jump back to the vehicle.

To hell with the "realistic" aspect, i'm playing a game that people can be revived after taking a direct tank shell.
  • Hawxxeye
    The exist/enter animations need to be sped up and tweaked. BF1's system was fine, i don't know why they feel the need to make it's more backward and frustrating.

In previous game we could exist at where we look at, so it's more safe to exist and help repairing vehicles, and enter animation doesn't require you to stand at the exact door/hatch position to enter, it's also help to quickly jump back to the vehicle.

That is true for a lot of the animations in the game. They are too chill and leisurely for something that can be taking place in the middle of a firefight.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer said:
    snavelaer said:
    (Quote)

Boom. Crrgghhh Snavelaer to Layzan , over! Layzan here, crrrrggghhh! I just canistered a guy in a T90, you interested, over, cccrrrrgggh! Gimme that bad boy, Snav, I will keep it all match, crrrrgghh! Oh btw Layzan that guy runned support, lol. I stole his kit and put his Ammocrate down the road for our Stingers, crrrrggghhh.

You can't do any of the above anymore. Teamplay. You want teamplay right?! But because there are people that whine and whine and whine on this forum it is impossible.

Oh my, Oh my,  I am so glad you can't steal tanks anymore.  Hihi, you should go down with your tank anyways. Yeah these animations are good. Just like repairing inside .

When hunting dogtags was still fun Layzan was hunted frantically and there was a risk involved for him to repair. Now noone will never get his a chance of obtaining his tags because he will not be outside his tank ever to repair. He doesn't need to do his dissapearing tricks when he knows he is destroyed. 

Oh my, oh my, knifing is so OP. A one hit kill? Really? Let's slice eachother and if you are behind someone, hmmmm, than it is a one hit kill. Hihi if the netcode allows it ofcourse hihi.  Why don't we add an animation so if you get behind someone and you knife him it takes WAY LONGER than just to shoot him. No need to try to knife someone. All because of whiners on this forum. 

You remember that Crazy Russian chopper pilot in Vietnam who we shall not name Layzan? He actually jumped scared me at times. He would jump from I don't know where and knife you. The freak. 

:D

The disappearing trick! Oh man they went so mad after finally taking out my tank to find I'd slivered off, and was on my way home for a new one!