Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But if it's easier, and the skilled players do better how is it worse? Didn't people want there to be a skill gap? I don't understand the logic here
    There is no logic and there is not a right or wrong TTK, skilled or unskilled TTK. There are only personal preferences.
  • GrizzGolf
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got two rounds in this morning. Other than an extra bullet or two I didn't notice much of a difference. 
  • Bushidou426
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Outrageously horrible TTK!The old time to kill needs to be returned.Where is hardcore mode?I highly dislike arcade!I have 776 hours put into the game.My K/D on PS4 is 4.12(I do not spawn kill players).
  • MisguidedWarrior
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't want the new TTK DICE.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 said:
    Your stats are more or less inline with the goofs.
    Are you trying to skill shame me? the irony.
    Its not for a vocal group on reddit ,Twitter and here including me.
    Nice job lumping everyone in biased comment with no research.
    Not helping your cause.
    You really skill shamed yourself. Thought that point was obvious.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Use this thread to post feedback about the 5.2 patch. It will make it easier to consolidate feedback and send it to the studio.
    Ah, yeah, I forgot that they "listen".
    Either post feedback or don't,  But don't derail the thread.

It's crap. Many weapons are now obsolete. All the stuff PartWelsh so carefully elaborated what the patch is supposed to do has been proven to be false. A careful overhaul would have included all the data and would not rely on outside sources to do their work in analyzing the patch. Further a really thought out patch would not have simply slapped a recoil modifier on all the weapons, but would have done so individually, while also include changes to the spec trees, inherent weapon class roles, an actual increase in firerates and at the very least a look at those bloody assignments.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    - The TTKs are slower overall
    - Medics will be even rarer on the bigger maps now
    - A lot of the balancing doesn’t make any sense (why on earth would or should an FG42, an LMG, do less damage than an STG or Ribey?)
    - You evidently don’t know what accuracy is because the difference in accuracy meant that people often chose lower rof weapons with better accuracy on all but the smallest maps (e.g. STG over the SturmG and M1907, or the Lewis or Bren over the FG). Now with all of these nerfs all you did was make the higher RoF weapons useless outside of CQC which just means that there’ll be even more situations where a player feels helpless at medium range and beyond
    - The new TTKs feel ridiculous most of the times and at 30m+ you have to reload after most killswhich is just stupid
    - The nerfed TTKs have buffed ADAD spamming which no-one appreciates
    - This will heavily encourage zerging
    - The new spotting system I’m fine with because all it really does is highlight otherwise invisible players who’re close to you. If you’re flanking they usually wouldn’t even see you until you’ve started shooting

Please revert the TTK changes. The prepatch weapon balance could’ve did with some tweaks but nothing like patch 5.2. Patch 5.2’s TTKs feel horrible.
    I’m more than happy to advise you on how best to tweak prepatch weapon balance but till things are reverted I’ll be playing MW
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    03MAZ995 said:
    What I dont get is if the game got easier then the good players should be even better now right?

Correct. The exact opposite of what DICE is trying to achieve. And in the process, making the game worse for all.

Because of one simple truth: you cannot close the skill gap between veterans with literally thousands of hours and blueberries from other titles.

It just can’t be done. Anything they try to do to help noobs (m16a3 in BF3, 3d spotting, linear maps, nerfed armor, scope glint, hellreigle, etc.) will just be used more effectively by vets.

The solution? Just make a good game and the noobs play and become vets themselves.

tl;dr You cant patch around the skill gap. Yet DICE will burn Battlefield to the ground trying.

But if it's easier, and the skilled players do better how is it worse? Didn't people want there to be a skill gap? I don't understand the logic here

A skill gap will always exist. It's not a matter or people wanting it or not, it's the nature of any activity that requires an individual to complete a multi-faceted task. I was dreadful at BF after I started playing again with BF4. I got better through Hardline, BF1 and now in BF5. I'm an average player because my skills and commitment to playing aren't the same as others. The sweatlords will always be there. I don't get the logic behind the update.
    The logic behind the update is that noobs would be in theory, less frustrated by deaths they deemed, "unavoidable" or "unfair", by running out into open areas of the map,  getting killed by someone too far away to immediately identify as a threat. They had no time to "react" or "recover" from a previous mistake they made.
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    (Quote)
    ^here is the main flaw.
    absolutely no offence just because your opininon is exactly opposite of mine, be happy that its good for you, for me (pc) its the reason to stop playing the game now.
    just as i said in my previous comment - they should have seperated the gunplay between the pc & console versions and only make changes needed for consoles to the console version, as there is no crossplay anyway.

No!! I wish people would stop assuming all console players want or need this change. The ttk was great on console and this change wasn't needed.

The only thing that could be balanced differently is the recoil and that's purely because of a controller. Everything else is fine.

And no I don't need lame spotting changes because I'm on console, I can see enemies just fine. Stop making out your somehow more capable because you spent a ton of money on a PC.
    Post edited by JamieCurnock on
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the problem with the changes is all they have done is basically added BTK. Part of the problem with the guns pre patch is they were and still are too accurate, especially at range.  The devs should have decreased the guns accuracy and not just lowered the damage. It is ridiculous that it takes some guns double figure BTK at what is only medium range, but it's  also dumb how accurate they are at those ranges. 
  • hkspm123
    413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hkspm123 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    uh huh , AR take 6 btk maximum , smg take 13btk maximum . skill? do u think medic smg should only works under 40m? 

This is a game. With classes and weapon variety.

If Boltactions struggle at CQC than Yes. SMGs should struggle at long range.

Medic is my 2nd most played class, and the SMGs are fine. Just hit headshots.
    is 50m considered long range ? 10btk at that range .
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    hkspm123 said:
    hkspm123 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    uh huh , AR take 6 btk maximum , smg take 13btk maximum . skill? do u think medic smg should only works under 40m? 

This is a game. With classes and weapon variety.

If Boltactions struggle at CQC than Yes. SMGs should struggle at long range.

Medic is my 2nd most played class, and the SMGs are fine. Just hit headshots.
    is 50m considered long range ? 10btk at that range .
    is related to the weapon in use.

With a sniper rifle no
    with a AR no
    with a pistol yes,for a new shooter , no for a good shooter
    with a banana , so curved, ofc is long range

imho
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give us old TTK back and Remove the new 3D AUTOMATIC spotting system

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, I could really learn to adapt to the new TTK.
    But I won't even try to do so until they remove this ridiculous auto-spotting again. I will NEVER accept this.
    Stopped playing the game.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im enjoying the new ttk, having 400h played at first i was like wtf what have they done but after playing all day im enjoying it more, its honestly just relearning the guns( what you were able to do before you cant do so much now), i like you can actually get to cover without dying right away, never a fan of fast ttk #1. reason i hate MW, there's more of a gun fight now and knowing to pick your battles because of the type of gun you have. I think theres an over reaction because a gun doesnt do what it use to. Just a bit if tweaking and its good for me step in the right direction.

In terms of the spotting i think the distance should be reduced just a bit.
    I think the spotting works in the smoke if it does it should be removed.
    Health bar i like it helps to know witch guy i should shoot first but at the same time not sure if thats really necessary.

FRONTLINES- I think you should gain a point for every capture, but if a team pushes all the way they still win even if they have less points. It just sucks playing such long game and getting a draw at the end and it happens so many times.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm extremely unsatisfied with the latest TKK rework. It takes up to 3,4 HEADshots with some weapons and almost a whole mag in the upper body on the other side to kill a dude now. I used to succeed both at close and mid-range with the FG42, now it has been nerfed to garbage. Neither a clip, not a headshot does enough damage now. WTH

That's part of your problem. This patch got rid of a lot of versatility, being good with the FG42 at close- mid range before this patch is irrelevant. Now it is about using whatever weapon fits the map or mode you are playing. The FG42 is for maps like Devastation, Marita, and underground. On open maps like Hamada you are going to want the Madsen, Lewis, or Bren if you run support.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    - The TTKs are slower overall
    - Medics will be even rarer on the bigger maps now
    - A lot of the balancing doesn’t make any sense (why on earth would or should an FG42, an LMG, do less damage than an STG or Ribey?)
    - You evidently don’t know what accuracy is because the difference in accuracy meant that people often chose lower rof weapons with better accuracy on all but the smallest maps (e.g. STG over the SturmG and M1907, or the Lewis or Bren over the FG). Now with all of these nerfs all you did was make the higher RoF weapons useless outside of CQC which just means that there’ll be even more situations where a player feels helpless at medium range and beyond
    - The new TTKs feel ridiculous most of the times and at 30m+ you have to reload after most killswhich is just stupid
    - The nerfed TTKs have buffed ADAD spamming which no-one appreciates
    - This will heavily encourage zerging
    - The new spotting system I’m fine with because all it really does is highlight otherwise invisible players who’re close to you. If you’re flanking they usually wouldn’t even see you until you’ve started shooting

Please revert the TTK changes. The prepatch weapon balance could’ve did with some tweaks but nothing like patch 5.2. Patch 5.2’s TTKs feel horrible.
    I’m more than happy to advise you on how best to tweak prepatch weapon balance but till things are reverted I’ll be playing MW

Why would you see less medics on open maps when the Jungle Carbine is probably the best ranged weapon in the game now?
  • GAD4FFI
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Lewis and Bren...lmg's with bipods used for fire support...are now useless at range. The only option is now Madsen for consistency as support. 
    You run across a map moving from close, to medium, to long range encounters and you just die if you've transitioned between 2 effective ranges after picking a gun only suited to the previous.
    You can see players sat off the objectives now with medium range weapons, scared to get into the cap area as that's now the smg zone you can't compete at. 
    After playing this a few hours last night, this is the lowest i've felt about the game really. 

If there was another title with the same feeling as BF i'd already be gone. 
  • Harrythehirsch
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    bran1986 said:
    I'm extremely unsatisfied with the latest TKK rework. It takes up to 3,4 HEADshots with some weapons and almost a whole mag in the upper body on the other side to kill a dude now. I used to succeed both at close and mid-range with the FG42, now it has been nerfed to garbage. Neither a clip, not a headshot does enough damage now. WTH

That's part of your problem. This patch got rid of a lot of versatility, being good with the FG42 at close- mid range before this patch is irrelevant. Now it is about using whatever weapon fits the map or mode you are playing. The FG42 is for maps like Devastation, Marita, and underground. On open maps like Hamada you are going to want the Madsen, Lewis, or Bren if you run support.

#######################

I don't really care about your interpretation of the changes, which is just as personal as mine. Fact is, damage output went down, while TKK rose to an amount , where the classic BF gameplay is no longer possible. "Arcade style" has been mentioned here and I second that term.