Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• KillandGoSeek
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Lmfao     I wish I could still one frame people like before. Darn.  Lol 
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:
    wasp9166 said:
    you know it's bad when pro gamers   say things like "i'm not a fan"  "i have no idea what they even did"  "i don't think it was necessary , but they've gone and done it"

Since when are Youtubers Pro Gamers? They are mostly average at best, yet dictating how games have to be :D
    that's their job, they get paid to play games is what i meant , doesn't really matter where it comes from.............does it 
    Sorry I don't consider some random guy that never achieved something in competetive gaming as "pro gamer".  These Youtubers are just spreading their opinion as if it's the flue, but hey keep listiening to them instead of forming your own decision ;)
    those two are well known in the industry , now, did you have anything to contribute like a video or anything , or did you just wana dissect my post and try and lure me into an argument/debate on who a pro gamer and who isn't ?  they are well known , you aren't 

now go get your shine box 
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I won't overreact like most of the people here, but I tend to think that the new patch is failed.

I've tested some weapons and it seems that all changes can be described in simple sentence: the more ammo you have, the less damaging the weapon is.
    For example, Jungle Carabine became even more powerful than before - one shot kills mostly. Breda assault rifle feels ridiculous - zero recoil, but you need around 12 bullets to kill someone. Madsen SMG feels like if it's a release day of BFV - kills everyone immediately, and I actually love it, but only if the other weapons also got such a power. The small carabine with 33 bullets from scount class equipment (forgot the name) is completely useless, you need to waste half a round to kill someone. Revolver easily does one shot kills now. All in all, with some guns this new TTK is better than before, but with other guns it's awful. I don't think it was really necessary to waste your time and money to do all this stuff. Before the patch TTK was almost perfectly balanced. If you think that this TTK will make a game more accesible and attract the new players, you are badly wrong.

New spotting system is quite ambiguous. While I have no clear opinion on 3D red marks, this "you've been spotted" warning and health bar thing is casual as fukk. 

Also about some bugs:
    1)Before the previous update, my German scout has Ross MK III rifle as his main weapon. After the update, it became his default weapon. Every time I start a new round or go to my company menu, I need to change it to other weapon I use. New update didn't fixed it. Any thoughts?
    2) Mercury map, Frontlines mod, playing as defender at the last sector. Tried to spawn in a tank a few times - always spawned as tank driver... but without the tank, just staying at the road on my feet.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Noobs are now in the drivers seat for BFV, snd it made this game so much easier.
  • KillandGoSeek
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Its all attrition based. They just kept it to themselves because they want more attrition grind for some reason. Problem is we dont want so much. Its all chained together through health revives ammo everything. It already had plenty dice. Now its all a big grind idea that shows alot in fire fights. Unfortunately we didnt want it and the gunplay is rediculous now.
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Horrible update,spotting is just crap now,the spotting before was fine,do we really need our hands held no.The weapon changes are just a disaster,whats the point in having all those weapons in your company when you will now only probably use 1 or 2 of them.pistols outdoing autos yeah great.you were doing great with the pacific until now,what is the point in playing support now,i dont need to tell you why you should know.since the update all i see is assault players playing sniper with there stg.
  • SAYNExx
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll start with the obvious, the ID_SPARTA needs to be fixed. There are difficulties retrieving data post match, BUT I like what you did with the post match screen (when it loaded like once).
    Spotting felt somewhat inconsistent, no real data but a gut feeling.
    Frontlines YAY!! Felt good, albeit imbalanced.

TTK/Rebalance: there are outliers that need tweaking (please fix FG-42, at least the mag size or SOMETHING.) But from my own personal experience I've done WAAAY better than I usually do. I honestly like the changes. Feels like headshots and tracking matter more. Don't be discouraged DICE. Not everyone likes change, and not everyone is good at adapting. I have confidence you'll make the right decisions, since you guys can see the bigger picture.
  • KillandGoSeek
    Noobs are now in the drivers seat for BFV, snd it made this game so much easier.
     True. Alot slower though. The pace isnt as thrilling. Oh well.
  • Sp3ckledJ1m
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WTF is going on with all the placeholder text in the menu?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough iwo jima.  When your trying to tank as defenders if you take a hit from anything, because you are spotted so easily, planes just wipe you out before you can complete a self repair cycle or get to a depot. Once tankers get their heads around this, they are going to extreme camp that map, or do as I have and avoid it.   
  • MammiBoo
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    bran1986 said:
    I'm extremely unsatisfied with the latest TKK rework. It takes up to 3,4 HEADshots with some weapons and almost a whole mag in the upper body on the other side to kill a dude now. I used to succeed both at close and mid-range with the FG42, now it has been nerfed to garbage. Neither a clip, not a headshot does enough damage now. WTH

That's part of your problem. This patch got rid of a lot of versatility, being good with the FG42 at close- mid range before this patch is irrelevant. Now it is about using whatever weapon fits the map or mode you are playing. The FG42 is for maps like Devastation, Marita, and underground. On open maps like Hamada you are going to want the Madsen, Lewis, or Bren if you run support.
    Yeah and that is the issue. How do you know what weapon is good for what role? Where does DICE tell you that? How do you control your engagements so that you will almost always fight in your range? How do you know that you can not engage enemies although they are clearly in your line of sight and only 50m or so away? How does DICE justify that the FG-42 has no niche at all, as every SMG fills the same role better, while also having self-heal and smoke. What if your goal is something else, like using a weapon for immersion or RP reasons, or because you like to play new weapons or because you play all weapons?
    And no, the FG-42 is not a map for any map. With 20 rounds in a 64p environment and an average BTK of 6-8 you will need to reload after every kill, if you can kill at all.
    Dice thought this way:

1.The time in between rounds has been doubled.
    2.So when you are starring at the screen seeing either idsparta_xx_yy or COULD not fetch your report, you have enough time to use a measurement system.
    3.While waiting, you gonna see new map loading.
    4.With the said map in mind, you gonna open internetz, looking for fail5 book of weapons n stats. In case of me, cause I have PS4 it is mandatory to have a tablet or a laptop. Open those, and see that TOMMY is good 10-30m, Suomy 5-25 m, and another 100 hundred useless weapons with different stats.

5. You will feel that your brain gonna explode. But calm down.
    6.Now you have to figure out engagement distances on the said map. Choose anything, it really doesnt matter but worth a try.
    7.After you decided which weapon is the chosen one, it is time to pray. Pray that your target stays within lethal range as thought and designed by DICE.
    8. Grab a beer, you are dead anyhow cause those 8 hits didnt count so your chosen one wasnt okay.
    9.Rinse and repeat with all weapons steps 1-8, you should have enough time browsing menus and searcing internetz for this garbage patch.

10.Adapt and overcome a new flop EA/DICE tailored.
  • RayearthIX
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So... as yet another random player leaving comment: 

I played 6 or 7 games last night, all Frontlines. I played 1 game as Recon, 2 as Support, and 3 or 4 as Medic (which is pretty standard for me, as I prefer keeping other players supplied and alive given my ~.75 K/D over 130+ hours, so I rarely play Assault unless we need to kill a tank and no one else is). Here are my thoughts. 

1. I use the Type 100 and ZK-383 mostly on the Medic (with the occasional Commando or Jungle Carbine). I apparently need to learn to not bother shooting at people further away, as I do so little damage it is meaningless. It's not like I was sniping with these weapons before, but now when I see someone running across an open area, I might as well not bother firing. That said, the lower recoil meant that I was landing a lot more shots, and more head shots, at all ranges. However, my ttk was noticeably higher and the most kills I got in a magazine was 3, and that was only due to some luck with positioning. I did, strangely, get quite a few double kills though due to the increased head shots. As to the Carbines, I noticed no difference (makes sense since they weren't changed), but since enemies seemed to be rushing more, I had trouble at my desired range with them. 

2. Support was horrendous. My favorite weapon is the Bren, and I felt like I needed an entire magazine to get any kills. Maybe its adjusting my aim for the new recoil, or something else, I don't know, but it was horrible. I did two lives with an MMG (both with the M1919), and it was awful. I, maybe, got one kill in the few dozen hits I landed at medium range. People kept running over open area, I kept shooting, and no one died. 

3. Recon sniping was as normal (and I only do it with the Boys as I'm not a reliable head-shot person), but the pistol carbine was hot garbage. I use the P08. and it feels like it fires significantly faster, but I'm missing more shots and the ones I do hit aren't doing any damage. It was frustrating to play. 

4. Spotting. I think, in concept, the spotting addition makes some sense. However, it has a major glaring issue that clearly was either ignored, or not considered. As a Medic, I am now clearly spotted in my smoke when trying to get revives. The WHOLE POINT of smoke is to prevent visibility, but enemies can now spot you in smoke?! I am also not a fan of health bars over peoples heads. Yes, it lets me know how close they are to death, but it seems unnecessary, especially since most of the time an enemy gets behind cover due to the range changes. 

5. One of the reasons for this patch was, supposedly, to prevent people from getting deleted without knowing what killed them. Yeah... no, that hasn't happened. At least half of my deaths yesterday came from ARs or Rifles shooting me from I have no idea where. I don't know if its a packet transfer issue (a la when the game first launched) or something else, but that didn't change at all. -_- 

So, that's one player's thoughts. Take it as you will. I will probably try a bit more over the weekend, but I definitely was having less fun playing last night compared to pre-patch. :( 
  • RayearthIX
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So... as yet another random player leaving comment: 

I played 6 or 7 games last night, all Frontlines. I played 1 game as Recon, 2 as Support, and 3 or 4 as Medic (which is pretty standard for me, as I prefer keeping other players supplied and alive given my ~.75 K/D over 130+ hours, so I rarely play Assault unless we need to kill a tank and no one else is). Here are my thoughts. 

1. I use the Type 100 and ZK-383 mostly on the Medic (with the occasional Commando or Jungle Carbine). I apparently need to learn to not bother shooting at people further away, as I do so little damage it is meaningless. It's not like I was sniping with these weapons before, but now when I see someone running across an open area, I might as well not bother firing. That said, the lower recoil meant that I was landing a lot more shots, and more head shots, at all ranges. However, my ttk was noticeably higher and the most kills I got in a magazine was 3, and that was only due to some luck with positioning. I did, strangely, get quite a few double kills though due to the increased head shots. As to the Carbines, I noticed no difference (makes sense since they weren't changed), but since enemies seemed to be rushing more, I had trouble at my desired range with them. 

2. Support was horrendous. My favorite weapon is the Bren, and I felt like I needed an entire magazine to get any kills. Maybe its adjusting my aim for the new recoil, or something else, I don't know, but it was horrible. I did two lives with an MMG (both with the M1919), and it was awful. I, maybe, got one kill in the few dozen hits I landed at medium range. People kept running over open area, I kept shooting, and no one died. 

3. Recon sniping was as normal (and I only do it with the Boys as I'm not a reliable head-shot person), but the pistol carbine was hot garbage. I use the P08. and it feels like it fires significantly faster, but I'm missing more shots and the ones I do hit aren't doing any damage. It was frustrating to play. 

4. Spotting. I think, in concept, the spotting addition makes some sense. However, it has a major glaring issue that clearly was either ignored, or not considered. As a Medic, I am now clearly spotted in my smoke when trying to get revives. The WHOLE POINT of smoke is to prevent visibility, but enemies can now spot you in smoke?! I am also not a fan of health bars over peoples heads. Yes, it lets me know how close they are to death, but it seems unnecessary, especially since most of the time an enemy gets behind cover due to the range changes. 

5. One of the reasons for this patch was, supposedly, to prevent people from getting deleted without knowing what killed them. Yeah... no, that hasn't happened. At least half of my deaths yesterday came from ARs or Rifles shooting me from I have no idea where. I don't know if its a packet transfer issue (a la when the game first launched) or something else, but that didn't change at all. -_- 

So, that's one player's thoughts. Take it as you will. I will probably try a bit more over the weekend, but I definitely was having less fun playing last night compared to pre-patch.  
  • FragLord
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FragLord said:
    Since Battlefield 5 Patch 5.2 I am not getting weapon XP for Selbstlader 1906 (have not tested other guns yet). What is going on? Already played yesterday and today several rounds but not getting any XP for the weapon no matter how many kills.
    So other weapons are working fine and get XP but the Selbstlader 1906 stays at 0 XP no matter what I do. Please DICE FIX IT! THX!
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen one or two comments actually liking the new ttk lol please change
  • BaronVonGoon
    7017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    So the more I play the more I think Dice's idea of close, medium, and long range differs from what we would consider close, medium, and long range.

It's like a car manufacturer changing the speedometer from km per hour to metres per second because they think we all travel super short distances.

Dice, if you want closer engagement ranges, turning guns into potatoes won't work unless the maps are small. BFV maps are huge. Long sightlines.

I'm all for making changes and encouraging new metas but so far this update has some really questionable items. If I'm a potato with an average accuracy of 15% with the fg42 and I'm trying to shoot an enemy 50 metres away @ 13 bullets to kill:

I need 86 shots fired to get the kill? Lol my math must be off because this would mean I need to reload 4 times to get the kill and hope the guy doesn't move out of the way.

Dice, if you want close engagement distances you need to design smaller maps.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • Pallock
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was just starting to get back in the game and was having fun for a few weeks. Now this is the worst Battlefield experience ever. The new spotting system is just ridiculous.. It breaks pretty much everything. Smoke is useless now. Atleast bring back the old 3d spotting if you need to change it. What happened to you Dice?
  • VRtroper
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BattleSNIPER V servers all sniper and flares flares flares more flares, assault with sight x3, doctor with sight x3, support running with optics x3, this is a shame
  • necropxhyte
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    just played another round of frontlines, and intentionally wanted to use the m1907sf all the time. was surprised how long i survived - 18:0 - after only being revived twice, and this is actually best proof of how much of a skill ceiling reduction this is, being able to tank so many bullets while being equipped with a weapon only suitable for close ranges since 5.2. and still surviving so long and making lots of kills.

the worst frustration of all is all those headshot markers that dont kill nobody. being able to aim well and hit heads with anything except slr/bar rifles is more of a punishment than a reward. headshot multipliers should be raised to 3x for all sar/ars.
    flanking is totally pointless, as being too far away makes one's weapon unusable for a quick flank attack, and getting too near to the enemies makes you spotted automatically.

complete fail, this weapon rebalance, as well as the new spotting system.

hope westie's thorough video on the ttk change next sunday will make some heads roll at dice, as he has the exact same opinion and agruments as i do.
  • FatherDed
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just knew this forum would be hilarious soon as the patch landed. It hasn't disappointed.