Suggestions on how to Improve the New TTK [Serious]

SG17
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Okay, I've thought for a while that the game needed rebalancing, but what has been done with Patch 5.2 is a bit too much in my opinion.

Here is what I suggest.

1. No gun should need more than half of its magazine/clip to kill at any range.

2. The FG42 and the LS26 should be balanced like Assault Rifles rather than SMGs (25m effective range with a max of 10BTK).

3. All maximum damage falloff ranges for the SMGs should be increased by 5m across the board. Maximum BTK should be reduced by 1 for every SMG.

4. The M1 Garand should never take five shots to kill at any range, without Heavy Rounds it should be 4 shots past 50m, with Heavy Rounds it should only be 4 shots past 100m with a slower ROF (invert what it is now).

5. The MG42 and the VGO should have their damage ranges extended by 5m.

6. The Breda should have a high headshot multiplier so it only requires one full burst to kill within its effective range if at least one bullet is a headshot

SMGs were too good before the patch but now they've gone a bit too far to the other side.

Comments

• F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, I think they need to roll it back and then start again, one gun at the time. Because some of the guns are better now, but others are awful.
  • jroggs
    1153 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good suggestions. But yeah, I think their best move would be to revert the whole thing. If they want to try again, take it slow and actually have someone play it this time. Because there's no way anyone playtested these changes before they launched.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SG17 wrote: »
    Okay, I've thought for a while that the game needed rebalancing, but what has been done with Patch 5.2 is a bit too much in my opinion.

Here is what I suggest.

1. No gun should need more than half of its magazine/clip to kill at any range.

2. The FG42 and the LS26 should be balanced like Assault Rifles rather than SMGs (25m effective range with a max of 10BTK).

3. All maximum damage falloff ranges for the SMGs should be increased by 5m across the board. Maximum BTK should be reduced by 1 for every SMG.

4. The M1 Garand should never take five shots to kill at any range, without Heavy Rounds it should be 4 shots past 50m, with Heavy Rounds it should only be 4 shots past 100m with a slower ROF (invert what it is now).

5. The MG42 and the VGO should have their damage ranges extended by 5m.

6. The Breda should have a high headshot multiplier so it only requires one full burst to kill within its effective range if at least one bullet is a headshot

SMGs were too good before the patch but now they've gone a bit too far to the other side.

I like these changes. Overall they need to increase the max damage ranges slightly. But the thought process behind the new TTK is a good one IMO
  • dayglowfroggy
    622 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As far as I can tell at least 50% of the weapons including alot of my favourites are not worth using.
    what sort of person would use the mg42, Tommy, fg42 now?
    Dice can keep this if we can just have the old ttk in community games.