Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• NuttysKunKs
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What a bunch of incompetent morons.

Game feels ****.
  • NuttysKunKs
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Yep, already have video evidence of an enemy being 3d spotted on my screen while hiding prone behind a destroyed vehicle because his leg was sticking out.

Lmao @ the people defending the change insisting it wouldn't spot you if you were in cover or obstructed. It spots people when they're diving in water, it spots people when they're halfway concealed in windows, and in only a handful of matches it's pointed out people I never would have seen - not because they're in the open and blending in, but because they're partially concealed and actively trying to hide.

It's a completely bogus additional that is solely implemented for hand-holding lesser skilled players.
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Yep, already have video evidence of an enemy being 3d spotted on my screen while hiding prone behind a destroyed vehicle because his leg was sticking out.

Lmao @ the people defending the change insisting it wouldn't spot you if you were in cover or obstructed. It spots people when they're diving in water, it spots people when they're halfway concealed in windows, and in only a handful of matches it's pointed out people I never would have seen - not because they're in the open and blending in, but because they're partially concealed and actively trying to hide.

It's a completely bogus additional that is solely implemented for hand-holding lesser skilled players.

Nail on the head.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Been playing with the FG42 for a few games as it was basically nerfed into oblivion. And yeah, it's beyond awful. I have a clip of me putting like 12 rounds into a guy at maybe 50m and nothing. And I've shot guys at around 65m with 3 headshots and a couple body shots before they die. The handling of the weapon isn't even that much better, it still bounces around WAY too much if they expect you to land 13/20 rounds at long distance on moving targets.

It's just ridiculous.

Side note: Why did they nerf SMGs into the ground after spending more than a year buffing their range and handling because they couldn't compete on 99% of the maps?
  • Fourzero
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Breakthrough iwo jima.  When your trying to tank as defenders if you take a hit from anything, because you are spotted so easily, planes just wipe you out before you can complete a self repair cycle or get to a depot. Once tankers get their heads around this, they are going to extreme camp that map, or do as I have and avoid it.   
    They nerfed pushing with this patch. You can't resupply / repair anymore while getting damaged which means people will camp even more now because that risk they take @ the enemy resupply station is just not worth it. You get damaged by anything = resupply canceled. Why was this changed??? Napalm also lasts for like 15 sec or more which prevents you from resupplying / repairing as well.... 

Awful garbage patch.
  • Fourzero
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough iwo jima.  When your trying to tank as defenders if you take a hit from anything, because you are spotted so easily, planes just wipe you out before you can complete a self repair cycle or get to a depot. Once tankers get their heads around this, they are going to extreme camp that map, or do as I have and avoid it.   
    They nerfed pushing with this patch. You can't resupply / repair anymore while getting damaged which means people will camp even more now because that risk they take @ the enemy resupply station is just not worth it. You get damaged by anything = resupply canceled. Why was this changed??? Napalm also lasts for like 15 sec or more which prevents you from resupply / repairing as well.... 

Awful patch, so many terrible changes that mess with the tanks. Angling is useless now, there's no difference between a bad player and a good player. No angles to exploit to maximize the damage. Boring. WW2 is already boring but now it's even worse.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everything about this patch is garbage and I'm done playing BFV until they revert it (hopefully).

It's so unfun to play now. I'm one of those players that really misses the pre-BFV active spotting and not this useless ping system, but 5.2 takes it to a whole new level. At least before you were being helpful to your team and it required player input, now it just sort of feels like a wallhack, because you just have to look in a player's direction. The literal BBs coming out of my gun don't help anything either.

BFV went from a 3/10 at launch, to a 7 after the Pacific, to a freaking 0 after 5.2 for me. GG DICE.
  • Copperhead1989
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So the more I play the more I think Dice's idea of close, medium, and long range differs from what we would consider close, medium, and long range.

It's like a car manufacturer changing the speedometer from km per hour to metres per second because they think we all travel super short distances.

Dice, if you want closer engagement ranges, turning guns into potatoes won't work unless the maps are small. BFV maps are huge. Long sightlines.

I'm all for making changes and encouraging new metas but so far this update has some really questionable items. If I'm a potato with an average accuracy of 15% with the fg42 and I'm trying to shoot an enemy 50 metres away @ 13 bullets to kill:

I need 86 shots fired to get the kill? Lol my math must be off because this would mean I need to reload 4 times to get the kill and hope the guy doesn't move out of the way.

Dice, if you want close engagement distances you need to design smaller maps.
    The maps should definitely not be smaller! The sight lines just shouldn't be this long. Look at the big maps and you'll see they're big but also open.... That's why they reworked aerodome. 
  • Ninjayako
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the Trench Carbine 5-9 shots to take down enemies... Wtf. 
  • glork0
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dont forget that spoting on aim is ONLY FOR YOU not for all in your team ... its help for some situations but need some fix like spot only on aim torso/head
  • badbenson
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SAYNExx said:
     I honestly like the changes. Feels like headshots and tracking matter more. Don't be discouraged DICE.
    exactly! it's a matter of taste for sure but this is exactly how i feel and it feels way more like previous bf games now. BUT. needs major tweaking especially SMGs. that dmg range fall off is way too extreme.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I think the problem with the changes is all they have done is basically added BTK. Part of the problem with the guns pre patch is they were and still are too accurate, especially at range.  The devs should have decreased the guns accuracy and not just lowered the damage. It is ridiculous that it takes some guns double figure BTK at what is only medium range, but it's  also dumb how accurate they are at those ranges. 

They tried that with RBD in BF1 and people (especially the youtubers) hated it. There are only two ways to limit weapons to their intended engagements ranges

a) Make them inaccurate or
    b) Add damage drop off

People were so outspoken about A that they decided to do B and now people like you are saying they want A back? It makes no sense
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Positives from this: Increased Ammo Pool, Better Recoil Control, better ability to see enemies who are hiding in dark corners, reduced flare time so they aren't prevalent. 
    Negatives: Reduced Spotting Flare range for planes and aircraft, terrible TTK (I posted a personal solution five pages ago), overall terrible gameplay. 

Yes, I've tried all the affected weapons during my play time. I played for about six hours yesterday after the update downloaded and jumping through that weird ID_Sparta issue. I got a message from someone who goes by Chief, he said, "This ain't it."  
  • bushviper336
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:
    Texator said:
    I dont like the changes but for a different reason.
    Every class still have 1 or 2 good weapons, STG44 and Madsen for example.
    But what i dont like is that many weapons are useless now. Thats not a balancing patch.
    Whats the point to have 20 weapons for a class if only 2 are playable and the rest is just bad?
    Thats not the game i paid for. Now thats a game with 2 weapons for a class and many decorationweapons in the weapon selection menue.
    with less guns being used, that's less skins being bought .........................you paying attention ea?...................i don't know anyone at dice or ea....but from afar, all of this seems nothing short of idiotic 

take it all in folks, this could be the middle of the biggest botch in gaming history 
    na that is reserved for SOE with what they did to star wars galaxy but this is pretty close to it
  • GermanGeologist
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I started playing BFV in mid November when that free month of Origin Access dropped, to see how the game felt now that everyone was saying it was good after the Pacific update. So I'm probably the kind of noob this new TTK and spotting system is trying to cater to (though I have my fair amount of hours in BF1). After a short (but hard) time of getting used to the changes compared to BF1 I really enjoyed BFV. The gunplay was clean, predictable and skill-based. I especially enjoyed the fact that the engagement distances are pretty long and as an assault you can easily take on a scout. With the new TTK it just feels like the messy RNG-gunplay from BF1 again. Incredibly frustrating to see your bullets doing no damage. Surprising and taking down three or more enemies on a flank became almost impossible because you run out of bullets before you can finish them all.
    I've been thinking about buying the game once my free month ends, but if this change stays I won't spend a single cent on it.

TL;DR: dont like it, if this stays in the game I wont continue to play it.
  • necropxhyte
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    NLBartmaN said:

hope westie's thorough video on the ttk change next sunday will make some heads roll at dice, as he has the exact same opinion and agruments as i do.
    The LAST thing they should do is taking Westie serious, that guy has no opinion, just says what will get him the most views and likes for the money ...
    And his "opinion" can be different tomorrow if that brings him more views.
    on the gunplay & ttk he always had a clear line, back in bf1 as well as from the first impressions of bfv after alpha, at ttk 2.0 a year ago, and now after the announcement of 5.2 as well as after its release as well. on some other matters i dont always agree with him, but regarding gunplay and its ttk, 100%.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    TheGM86 said:
    The Forum is complaining about the TTK change.
    The Forum is full of skill malnourished goofs who don't know what they are talking about.
    Game has probably been improved.
    You are not sure? Have you played the game? Why only "probably" ?  You clearly have no first hand experience to make any valid appraisal. 
  • F1re77
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Seems the same to me, and i think i like having more ammo. TTk is a bit long. 
  • PsiHo1389
    86 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring my TTK back