Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• elcorbu
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    go back to old ttk ..... what are you guys doing
  • elcorbu
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    u finally start to get the game back on track with the pacfic.... but fall back into your uneducated and mass un tested changes.. maybe its upper management... maybe its not..  wtf is there no CTE 
  • elcorbu
    they literally did this same crap before last years holiday season... 
  • elcorbu
    i just started playing  bf4 again ****.... dice- u freakin todd and margos 
  • RipGroove99
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    elcorbu wrote: »
    they literally did this same crap before last years holiday season... 

Yes they did, all in the name of welcoming new players and snubbing the loyal community. Why not just add a separate filter in the server browser for 'new players' and have all their crappy weapon 'balancing' in there.
  • Azbluft
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi there, this is the first time I'm posting here. 
    Don't worry I won't be long.
    Everything has been said, and if you want to know how I feel about the game, you can read the great post from StoneyKev a few posts above, it perfectly sums up my opinion.

Just one thing I wanted to add : 
    You did this because you wanted to seduce and engage new players ? The ones now playing on COD or Apex ? That's why you did that ? Let me tell you one thing : this is not gonna work. And you now why ? Because those games won't do what you did to your community.

That's why.
  • badbenson
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yea because noobs love having to trace their target to hit consecutive shots.
    -----------------------------------
    i think people should stop being such drama queens and provide actual feedback on specific weapons so this can be improved.

• elcorbu
    its ever weapon "balance" chance. no need for it
  • Copperhead1989
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna keep it short.
    I didn't mind a slower TTK. However! LMG's MMG's and AR's should never have a damage model as an SMG...There is litteraly no point in the FG42.... Everything it does, it gets outperformed by other guns. And it was never considered OP to begin with.

I don't mind you making SMG's close range weapons, I think that would make it better. But 13 bullets is ridiculous! A gun should never take more than 8 bullets to kill! give SMG's a 4 BTK within 20m and let it increase to 7 or 8 at 35. Give the high rate SMG's a bigger recoil, so they wont get used beyond that range.

Give AR a 5BTK, til 30m and drop it of to around 7 or 8 at 50

LMG and MMG 5 till 25m and drop of to 8 at 50. High fire rate = Big recoil! 

At least that way, your "rebalance" would make a bit of sense....
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs ingame bullet and damage drop off graphs to understand and tell the player what a gun does.
  • badbenson
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm gonna keep it short.
    I didn't mind a slower TTK. However! LMG's MMG's and AR's should never have a damage model as an SMG...There is litteraly no point in the FG42.... Everything it does, it gets outperformed by other guns. And it was never considered OP to begin with.

I don't mind you making SMG's close range weapons, I think that would make it better. But 13 bullets is ridiculous! A gun should never take more than 8 bullets to kill! give SMG's a 4 BTK within 20m and let it increase to 7 or 8 at 35. Give the high rate SMG's a bigger recoil, so they wont get used beyond that range.

Give AR a 5BTK, til 30m and drop it of to around 7 or 8 at 50

LMG and MMG 5 till 25m and drop of to 8 at 50. High fire rate = Big recoil! 

At least that way, your "rebalance" would make a bit of sense....

agreed on capping the max bullets like that. close range feels great but longer ranges especially with guns that have been hit hard by nerfs can become comical. i believe in this effort and i think there is a sweet spot to be found. gun fights are much more interesting now but it's a bit extreme how sometimes just jumping around while getting hit way too many times happens, if there is some distance inbetween.
    ---------------------------------------
    also agree on the recoil. having an overall longer ttk AND keeping the recoil will increase the skill gap even more . that would be amazing. also stronger recoil could counter act dialing things back a bit from the current extremes thus keeping the wanted result of prolonged more interesting gun fights making headshots even more rewarding. recoil laser like guns also just feel boring and unimmersive.
    i really love how now you can tell much more who a good player is. absolutely destroying whole squads but then the guy with the golden gun comes along and drops you fast with a few headshots. everything makes so much more sense. no more easy kills for everyone at the expense of proactive confident players.
    i already had so many more instances of single handedly turning around matches with my squad. this makes objective modes way more fun than these bf3 metro like stale mates almost every map could turn into.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2nd day playing i get what its trying to do by making you change guns and playstyles, a suomi before for example can be used before for a good range for any encounter and map to an extent but now its super close range so now instead of being able of using it on any map you use it in close quarter maps like operation and devastation if you go to a map with a bit more range you switch up.

With these changes i already see myself switching guns more depending on the map, also see myself picking my battles instead of shooting everything i see because i know i cant kill an enemy at a certain range.

But some ranges and damage on some guns need a bit tweaking, fg42 for example for super close range a 20bullet mag is not enough.
  • 8z4U
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey, the new Update is very bad. We are shooting with fckn rubber Bullets or smth similar. And wtf is happend with the spotting system? No skill = auto spotting.
    Please give me back the old game!
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mike2289 wrote: »
    2nd day playing i get what its trying to do by making you change guns and playstyles, a suomi before for example can be used before for a good range for any encounter and map to an extent but now its super close range so now instead of being able of using it on any map you use it in close quarter maps like operation and devastation if you go to a map with a bit more range you switch up.

With these changes i already see myself switching guns more depending on the map, also see myself picking my battles instead of shooting everything i see because i know i cant kill an enemy at a certain range.

But some ranges and damage on some guns need a bit tweaking, fg42 for example for super close range a 20bullet mag is not enough.

The 20 round magazine is definitely ban issue. I know it's not "authentic" but giving the FG42 and m1907 a 30 round magazine would help balance things out
  • 03MAZ995
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spongy is the only way to describe it. I did okay today playing frontlines but wasn't really feeling it. A couple of times I dumped rounds into guys to have them scoot of when previously it would have been a kill. It just feels off.

I actually found myself looking into COD:MW this afternoon... it's on sale too.

Not feeling all that keen to head back into the Battlefield.
  • 2nPS4pro
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    5.2 is terrible. I can't even sneak up on a tank anymore without being spotted, the guns shoot rubber bullets, most SMG's are useless,  and the pistols are stronger than primaries.  Game is a joke. DICE, you have to revert these ridiculous changes. Perfect timing as Modern Warfare Season 1 just came out. Time to see what that is about. 
    Post edited by 2nPS4pro on
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    453 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GUNHERDOWN wrote: »
    People chill it will take a period of adjustment , it did for me you will find a gun that now fits your play style.  I’m sure there not done. They will fix some of the major issues but overall there on a good path. Have patience we still have a long way to go

For me it's not about adjusting - that only took a couple of rounds and I'm doing just as well now than before the patch if not better than before.

What I don't like is the changes themselves, especially the spotting changes - they bring nothing of value to the game, but take away a lot of what made the gunplay better than BF1.
  • DingoKillr
    4354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the problem with the changes is all they have done is basically added BTK. Part of the problem with the guns pre patch is they were and still are too accurate, especially at range.  The devs should have decreased the guns accuracy and not just lowered the damage. It is ridiculous that it takes some guns double figure BTK at what is only medium range, but it's  also dumb how accurate they are at those ranges. 

That is the point, not all changes are clear cut ROF and velocity have impacts too.
    SLR and BA are 2-3 BTK which often got beaten by the so called higher ROF, less accurate SAR, because they could afford to miss a few. Now with lower ROF and damage it means the less accurate shot are costly to SAR at range. In this case changing accuracy of SAR may be too costly to their users.

The same with some other weapons, DICE is not trying to stop players shooting at long range just slow their dps down.