Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Asrach
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Írja be a megjegyzésétNEW TTK IS **** Why did TTK have to be change, There was no problem with that.
    It makes no sense to shoot 1 magazine at your opponents.

I played BV5 for 400 hours and i liked it, but if it stays that way I will stop and buy Modern Warfare instead.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Asrach wrote: »
    Írja be a megjegyzésétNEW TTK IS **** Why did TTK have to be change, There was no problem with that.
    It makes no sense to shoot 1 magazine at your opponents.

I played BV5 for 400 hours and i liked it, but if it stays that way I will stop and buy Modern Warfare instead.

The guns need better balance at range and it was creating to much camping.

If you need to shoot 1 magazine then you are to far away. Use your skill and get closer.
  • skutaboy
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    The game is now beyond playing and I suffer more frustration and anger rather than any fun factor. If it wasn't bad enough before, the amount of hackers is unbelievable now.
    I actually re-downloaded BF4 after last nights anger so might see some of you guys back at Zavod.
  • Asrach
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     I always play medic rusher, I don't shoot from a far, 
    but now it's all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. ITS NOT BALANCE just help with noob players.
  • Zande987
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    This far I haven't found even a single one good change on this patch. I play mostly on PS4, but i also happen to have a pc version of the game, and the changes on this patch suck on both of the platforms.

Ttk changes brought a CoD feeling to gunplay, where weapons are effective on close combat, but you have to dump a whole mag on longer distances, and maybe you get the kill before enemy gets to some cover.
    Before the patch, the weapons felt leathal on all reasonable ranges but now there's no point playing with automatic weapons on more open maps.

Medics are in even bigger disadvantage with smg:s against any other weapons, except on very long distances when it's almost always possible to get cover and heal endlessly.

Weapons with smaller mags are ineffective since you get realistically one kill with one mag beyond 15-20m.

Weapon assignments, that are clearly made for pc, are even more difficult on consoles now. For example Type 100 profficiency assignment, where you have to get kills beyond 30m takes forever now. I got around 5 kills on that range in a round now, when before the assignment could have been done in one round. Btw, where's my M1 Garand and Jungle Carbine profficiency assignments?!

The tanks..... Already powerful tanks became even more powerful. When players already camp in the base or on some hilltop sniping people with tanks, destroying them shouldn't become any more difficult than it was.

3D spotting changes also just ruin the game. The whole idea of this game was that there's no spotting. Now theres red markers on the screen everywhere.
    And the minimap spots showing the direction of the spotted player, it takes away the "fear" when you are sneaking up on some spotted player, because you know that the enemy is looking the other way.
    And seeing spotted enemies through the smoke?! I thought we got rid of that on earlier patch, but here it is once again.

"You are spotted"... now there's no spottingflares that I don't shoot down, since I'm notified when I'm being spotted, and I know to change my position or take cover until the notification disappears.

I haven't seen a single end round stats, scoreboard etc since the patch, so that just broke with the patch. Before it came couple of times per month.

Hope Dice realizes all the problems with this patch and reverts to version before this patch before they lose all the players from this game. I really enjoyed playing this game, but now it's just AWFUL

Edit: Just got a chance to play Aerodrome for the first time after the patch. Flanking routes on conquest from A to D and B to F have been majorly reduced and the map forces to CQB on C-flag. Concidering that there's 3 maps on both sides of the map, why bottlenecking the play on C-flag leaving the Allied team starting on the A/B end of the map in huge disadvantage!?! Only way to flank past the C-flag is from B to F, and then becomesbobvious the problem with un-nerfed sniper rifles (compared to any other class), ANTI-TANK RIFLES and spawn-camping tanks.
    There's no chance for strategical play, only for head-on collision with enemy team with widely spreaded Axis team on not-narrowed end of the map and Allied team on extremely narrow and not flankable end of the map.

Me with my friends, we usually play conquest quite strategically, not going to the worst bottlenecks where everyone is, instead we try to find the flank and advance the game but on aerodrome that just isn't possible anymore.

One of my friend's just started playing the game today, and one of his first questions was "wtf is this bullet sponge thing, when you have to shoot someone for the whole mag and the enemy seems to just absorb the bullets without taking any real damage?" That (too) tell's me there's something wrong with the game if a first-timer notices that ttk-problem.

For summary, DICE PLEASE just give us back the old version of the game and old version of the Aerodrome so we can get back to playing the good version of the game, as it used to be. For now, BF4 and BF1, here we come!
    Post edited by Zande987 on
  • Kingofthehoods
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What a shame! It's impossible to play now. I return to bf1 :(
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven’t played yet. Sounds like it went the way of...halo?
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    if you need that much help seeing other players even through brush, smoke, obstacles you must not be that good or prefer arcade style instead. Flares did enough to reveal players without this "see everybody everywhere" crap.

Did you ever think maybe that seeing through smoke might be a bug or was never intended to be that way. I played 6 Hours last night and I don't remember seeing people pop up all the time like people are claiming here. Only when you're looking at someone anyway and see them will they show up which is the entire reason this exists.

I love it for one reason. I can see who is hurt and not hurt. Fighting multiple people I can strategically take them out based off the health bar.

I've been accused of Exaggerating and I'm seeing lots of Exaggerating for this change. If you're close enough to see the Spotting and a health bar then you're obviously already in a fight with the enemy so who cares.

There's no exaggerating, I've posted video evidence of it happening. Do we really need to record and post every single instance of it in one match to prove that it happens all over the place?

I've personally seen this change spot people through solid cover, through smoke, through water when they're diving, and in places I couldn't actually see them because over half their body was hidden.

Those are not exaggerations. This mechanic definitely does not only trigger when the devs supposedly intended it to. It triggers on people who are obstructed and in many cases completely out of sight.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    G-Gnu wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Random bullet deviation the way it was implemented in BF1 where a pretty bad way of doing the gun balancing.
    I like the guns more in BF4 , you could with most guns drop ppl, if your aim was on par with tap fire at longer ranges even with guns that was suppose to be more close quarters. 
    BFV guns need more and stronger recoil.

But the meta in BF4 was also not good where you could tap fire any gun at any range. They had a lot of guns that all performed the same way.

This is the Sophie's choice of gunplay mechanics. Personally, I felt BF1 had good weapon balance because it served all ranges and the RBD added a secondary layer of gun variety where you had to sacrifice other stats for accuracy and vice versa

And that is precisely my point, why do we need every gun to be different to that extent. RBD is a awful mechanic as is in BF1. 
    BF1 really forced classes in a range shoe box with most of their guns, that is more or less happening in BFV again.
    I think it is better to balance the TTK with recoil then capping bullet dmg drop off to hard , even if the TTK on paper still will be low , it will be higher in reality because of the gun handling. 
  • cutmaxime
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, you are fantastic! My wife is happy now -  I can't play this 5.2 rubbish! Health lines above players??? Are you serious???
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    I really hope that all the guys (and girls) complaining bitterly here about 5.2 are really stopping to play the game. Because that's the way Dice will notice that something is very wrong. They listen to telemetry data, not to our protest here. If they would listen to "opinions" in forums, they would have never rolled out 5.2 in the first place.
    Think about it

I've definitely stopped.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    skutaboy wrote: »
    The game is now beyond playing and I suffer more frustration and anger rather than any fun factor. If it wasn't bad enough before, the amount of hackers is unbelievable now.
    I actually re-downloaded BF4 after last nights anger so might see some of you guys back at Zavod.

Me too but couldn't find a single player on there?! The server counts are fake so you'll have to install the battlelog browser plugin to see the real player count. Anyone with rented servers should name them 'BFV 5.2 Patch Sucks' or something and we'll all go play there instead. I'm up for it as long as there are decent player numbers and no damn hackers.
  • Hawxxeye
    7783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Something is wrong with the autospotting and you can sometimes see enemies behind visual barriers
    It needs tweaking
    The STG44 is the big success story of  5.2 and we need to work out what factored to that and adjust more weapons like it

• RipGroove99
    Hawxxeye said:
    Something is wrong with the autospotting and you can sometimes see enemies behind visual barriers
    It needs tweaking

It needs removing completely.
  • 10bad
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv was an awesome game... RIP
    I haven't had so much fun in a bf game since bf3. 
    Now bf3 still the best bf.
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice have a look at our patch notes/community we dont want these changes/Dice ok we got your feedback lets change it anyway.so much for we wont ever mess with it again.
  • Entek101
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also of note - why bother giving so many weapons 3x scopes if the max damage range is so low?  Its teasing in the worst sense XD

After an evenings play of it last night only using rifles, i can say that the burst fire breda is not a skill cannon - its so hard to burst ppl that you end up using the single fire - so making it the same as the others.  I didnt find the garand much different to what i was using before so as long as you empty the clip on one person at a time thats fine.  MMGs are still weak, i couldnt get "in the zone" with anything except the madson, and i was having difficulty staying alive with anything other mmg.  The stg feels fantastic though?  

Also, the medic bolt rifles i felt were really weak, until i started hipfiring those too - THEN i realised how powerful those were.  The tromboni scope made me feel i could use it at range but thats really not the case at all - its hipfiring potential and antivehicle components really felt good on Devastation.  I dont know if these were altered at all but they really trump the weak smgs now.  

Also, how do we get those headshots with m1a1 carbine now the dmg is so low at range, and how do we get those mab38 kills "greater than x distance" - if the dropoff is this extreme?  

• RipGroove99
    I can't find a single populated BF4 server in the EU anywhere right now, surely that can't be right?