Battlefield V Chapter 5 Week #6 - TUG OF WAR

Braddock512
1476 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited December 2019

Jump into our Frontlines playlist and complete the tasks to unlock a Tier Skip Token and snag some Chapter 5 XP.

(Note: The Tier Skip Token is tied to Chapter 5. It will allow you to skip to the next tier in the Chapter Rewards but will not increase your Chapter XP.)

(Will be updating the image with the actual task path when it goes live on Thursday)

When matchmaking through the nodes, you’ll be joining the Frontlines playlist:
  • Narvik
  • Arras
  • Devastation
  • Twisted Steel
  • Aerodome
  • Hamada
  • Rotterdam
  • Mercury
  • Marita
  • Al-Sundan

Let’s look at the tasks. Remember that the exact mission requirements can be found in game in the Tides of War menu.

ONE STEP AT A TIME - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Capture 1 objective in Frontlines.

(OPTIONAL) LASTING IMPACT - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Destroy 1 objective in Frontlines.

(OPTIONAL) RELENTLESS AGGRESSION - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
Kill 50 enemies while attacking or defending objectives.

LIVE FOREVER - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Revive squadmates or be revived by squadmates 35 times.

HALF THE BATTLE - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
As a squad, spot or kill 60 enemies.

DEVASTATE - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Inflict 2500 damage.

(OPTIONAL) DEVICE DISABLED - 4,000 CHAPTER XP
Defuse 1 armed objective in Frontlines.

A GAME OF NUMBERS - 25,000 CHAPTER XP
Heal teammates or damage enemies for 7500 health.

(OPTIONAL) FEARSOME DISPLAY - 12,000 CHAPTER XP
Achieve 1 triple-kill.

– Braddock512

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But what happens with that skip token if you have already completed the tow,is this all they could come up with.Dice were starting to go in the right direction with the Pacific,then they hit us with this and the new changes most of us didn't want.I thought they listened to there fans,obviously not.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Really Dice.....a stupid token.... Please fire everyone there. This isnt content, gear, cosmetics or weapons... this is crap!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019

Also forced to playing frontlines for the early nodes.  **YAWN**
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • BrianLocal1
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Does the token just instantly unlock when you finish this week assgignments?  Seems like I didn't get a full tier....

Edit: nevermind, I restarted and got my full tier now.  Sometimes it does that if you leave a match early.
  • Barry1610
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First Pacific War, now FINALLY Frontlines is back!!
  • bsafawi1974
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @Braddock512 How can I contact you ?
  • Braddock512
    1476 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hi @Braddock512 How can I contact you ?
    You just did by tagging me.

Whatcha need?

-Braddock512
  • zundao
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Update error in ps4
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    So what happened to this mine on a stick that we supposed to receive on completing this week's assignments? I've been really hyped about it :(
  • ChickenTheTank
    827 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what happened to this mine on a stick that we supposed to receive on completing this week's assignments? I've been really hyped about it :(

Bugs with hits tracking correctly. It's been known for like 3 weeks it got pulled from the release it was scheduled for
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bugs with hits tracking correctly. It's been known for like 3 weeks it got pulled from the release it was scheduled for

I personally would still like to know what the new date of release is.
  • GeneralXIV
    286 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally think the requirements are like 50% higher than they probably should be this week. I think this is a little unreasonable, and I don't think I have any chance whatsoever to finish them in such a short time. The squadmate revival node especially just seems a little much. Even when a squad actually works together I only really seem to be revived by squadmates a few times in a game as a maximum. I hope next week's will be better, and this isn't a new standard. Imo, these should take no more than a few hours to complete so they are accessible to players who have lives and things :P 
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally think the requirements are like 50% higher than they probably should be this week. I think this is a little unreasonable, and I don't think I have any chance whatsoever to finish them in such a short time. The squadmate revival node especially just seems a little much. Even when a squad actually works together I only really seem to be revived by squadmates a few times in a game as a maximum. I hope next week's will be better, and this isn't a new standard. Imo, these should take no more than a few hours to complete so they are accessible to players who have lives and things :P 
    For me, it's totally reversed. Weekly challenges have been way too easy, I usually completed them all at Sunday evening after 5-6 games. This time, it will take more effort, but not too much.
    I got two jobs and a family, and I am quite average player (K/D 1,2), so I don't think that life and things is a... thing that may ruin your plan to complete at least the main line of assignments  :)
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    For me, it's totally reversed. Weekly challenges have been way too easy, I usually completed them all at Sunday evening after 5-6 games. This time, it will take more effort, but not too much.
    I got two jobs and a family, and I am quite average player (K/D 1,2), so I don't think that life and things is a... thing that may ruin your plan to complete at least the main line of assignments  :)

I usually knock most TOW's out of the park first day Thursday.  But that 35 revives or reviving by squad was a tough bit.  No matter how much RAMBO reviving I do still took way to long.  Either a blueberry beat me to the punch to revive a squadmate or none of my teammate were reviving at all only guess maybe they thought I do the whole node myself for them.  Felt that way.  Also seems like tons of new players bought the game and are back to tons of lousy useless players.
    Let alone servers aren't even full anymore. Then when people rage quit were lucky to see server be 20vs20 on XBOX1 for conquest.  The 35 revives should of been just revives.  Not just squad mates.  Cause I revived a ton of blueberries as well.  Or get a boring squad of one flyboy playing it safe or a tanker miles away.  Hard to get revives then.  I even jumped squad to squad last few days.  Game falling off players wise I see.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The revives took me a while. If you are in decent squad who stick together you could go through it quickly, I wasn't that lucky. I'd say I was about 30 revives to 5 revived.

The one after -

As a squad, spot or kill 60 enemies

Only seemed to be tracking my kills but the spotting flare made easy work of it though.
  • iamwiener
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was not just the reviving itself but the getting killed in the first place...
    My squad and I had difficulties doing this in a reasonable amount of time so at the end, one of us just stood upright in the open getting killed often and one kept reviving him.
    These ToW should encourage players to ptfo instead of fooling around...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    The revives took me a while. If you are in decent squad who stick together you could go through it quickly, I wasn't that lucky. I'd say I was about 30 revives to 5 revived.

The one after -

As a squad, spot or kill 60 enemies

Only seemed to be tracking my kills but the spotting flare made easy work of it though.

Spots must of worked for me cause I went through 60 in a match besides doing other nodes before it.  I know I had ace squad a few times so maybe it was 60 kills.  Cause we all had 30+ kills each.
  • CT1924
    1011 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    7500 hundred dmg... I used to use smgs and bandages, but with the nerf, should I just play another class? I have been using the EMP.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    7500 hundred dmg... I used to use smgs and bandages, but with the nerf, should I just play another class? I have been using the EMP.

Emp is okay. Mp40 is nice too, but the Type 100 is the best SMG now.