What do you guys think of the Fliegerfaust after patch.

Comments

• AnArKey223
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only thing left that DICE could do to make my scores higher would be allow me to switch versions of the Zeros. Fighter with HMG until the Corsair give up, then the 20mm explosive cannons and bombs afterwards. 

Listening DICE? That would increase the misery even further. You should do it.  
  • SirBobdk
    5069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The HE rounds and Firebombs are OP as hell, don't hear pilots admitting that,
    Well I do and I have said that from the beginning and with the nerf of the FF it has gotten worse.
    20mm and fire bombs did get a nerf in the update, but they need to look at the FF again + the MAA.

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HMG of planes are pretty good against infantry in long range ( better than the 20mm explosive ) 
  • AnArKey223
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't make me the bad guy. I'm just using what DICE gives me. In 5.0 I dropped mines all over those carriers, because they made that viable. Blew up MANY Corsair that way. Even dropped a bomb on the poor fool who hopped out of his Corsair to clear them.

I'm not about to start playing a game where I'm supposed to kill people altruistically. Give me an advantage, I'm gonna use it. 

Now all that harshness aside, with 5.2 DICE gave me a lot more douchebaggery I can call on. If that's how I get to 50/0 on the round, OK then. 

As for HMG against infantry, yeah, if you see them. Or spray HE shells at an objective and wait for the death sounds. 
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't tested it out yet but if it is significantly nerfed I'll be very dissapointed.
    Since the launch, for the first time pilots had to face their mortality, don't tell me it is gone now.
    Oh well, it was quite a fun while it lasted. I actually got used to Pilots cursing in all chat constantly. I'll miss those.
  • AnArKey223
    Yup, that's gone. We sitting happy up there. 

If the British and German fighters got 3rd person bomb drop sights like the Pacific planes (right?), you can forget about seeing any bombers anymore. Why? Fighters can now score good hits on AA guns and tanks from distance. And we can mow down anything else up there easily. 

That feeling when you picked a JU-88 and they have three Spitfires? Drop bombs, bail out. 

If DICE wants something gone, just remove it.  Don't make it pointless. But that's what 5.2 has done, made 80-90% of the weapon and vehicle content severely handicapped against the "right" choice. 
  • Carbonic
    1827 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2019
    I think the planes might still have it too easy if they fly high up all the time. I don't really want to change the current dmg values of the Fliegerfaust too much though, I would rather suggest these 2 changes:
    • Planes should have a slight dmg dropoff at ranges outside of the effective AA and FF ranges. That way a good pilot would have to weigh when they want to go in close for more dmg or shoot from up high for a more safe support approach.
    • Fliegerfaust should shake the planes significantly when they hit, keeping the planes straight and aiming at people should be very hard, this would make top-down dives where you can't hide in trenches more dangerous as they can shake your plane so much you might trash into the ground.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • IIMechatronikII
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played couple rounds and I see that not many players use FF.  Instead of  that I see many bad pilots, which fly really low and nobody attack them..
  • Stozy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5.2 was very much a good patch for pilots.
    I enjoy flying on pacific maps, I also enjoyed FFing on pacific. FF is now very weak - to the point I probably wont carry it much. It seems like Dice have gone way too far on that by reducing most aspects and also increasing ammo resupply times. Planes are far more free to come in close to ground now with much less chance of FF taking them out. When flying I feel the same, only thing that killed me earlier today was my own stupidity by getting too friendly with a tree. FF is just an occasional slight annoyance. It does minimal real damage and by the time you are back at base to rearm you can repair no bother. 

FF should have 3 shots again, reduce the range/time to explode. Could keep the slight reduction in damage radius and hip-fire changes. 
    I believe bombs on planes should take longer to reload. On pacific its just a case of back to base...bomb...repeat. Great when you are in the plane, but I think it should be a little slower, similar to how ammo resupply time on ground got increased. 

Just my feelings as someone who enjoys being in and out the plane. 
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't make me the bad guy. I'm just using what DICE gives me. In 5.0 I dropped mines all over those carriers, because they made that viable. Blew up MANY Corsair that way. Even dropped a bomb on the poor fool who hopped out of his Corsair to clear them.

I'm not about to start playing a game where I'm supposed to kill people altruistically. Give me an advantage, I'm gonna use it. 

Now all that harshness aside, with 5.2 DICE gave me a lot more douchebaggery I can call on. If that's how I get to 50/0 on the round, OK then. 

As for HMG against infantry, yeah, if you see them. Or spray HE shells at an objective and wait for the death sounds. 
    You are not the bad guy and as you say you use what ever you have been given. The FF needs readjusting next patch to
    have any balance.
  • RayD_O1
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played couple rounds and I see that not many players use FF.  Instead of  that I see many bad pilots, which fly really low and nobody attack them..
    Indeed there has been a big drop off in FF usage and this trend will continue if the FF remains in its current state.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust was OP when it launched, 2 coordinated player with no skill could easily erased any planes in a game.
    Now you need to learn how to play with it and be more precise.
    When you can predict and aim your shots correctly it still do 80-90 damage ( even more effective with the increased x2 range ) . 
    It's no more OP, just harder to master. 
  • RayD_O1
    Stozy said:
    5.2 was very much a good patch for pilots.
    I enjoy flying on pacific maps, I also enjoyed FFing on pacific. FF is now very weak - to the point I probably wont carry it much. It seems like Dice have gone way too far on that by reducing most aspects and also increasing ammo resupply times. Planes are far more free to come in close to ground now with much less chance of FF taking them out. When flying I feel the same, only thing that killed me earlier today was my own stupidity by getting too friendly with a tree. FF is just an occasional slight annoyance. It does minimal real damage and by the time you are back at base to rearm you can repair no bother. 

FF should have 3 shots again, reduce the range/time to explode. Could keep the slight reduction in damage radius and hip-fire changes. 
    I believe bombs on planes should take longer to reload. On pacific its just a case of back to base...bomb...repeat. Great when you are in the plane, but I think it should be a little slower, similar to how ammo resupply time on ground got increased. 

Just my feelings as someone who enjoys being in and out the plane. 
    This sums up the situation very well and you are looking at this fairly from both sides. 

If they don't adjust the current balance I am afraid the whole enjoyment will be eroded which is a shame as the Pacific 
    naps have been a great boost to the game.  

With Wake Island coming do we really want to have plane domination ruining the experience for everyone except pilots. ?

DICE please address the balance in next patch for the good of the game.
  • MintySSD
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope in a mobile AA hook up to a jeep and drive around find spots were i cant be pinged by infantry stay for a few mins 1/2 planes down then move along.

x2 AA's working together is alot better. Still would like to see AA Tank on the pacific map.
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there are a few things you should consider,
    FF didnt get damage nerf.
    FF got 100%  range buff
    FF's projectiles are more concentrated than before.
    In addition, planes 20mm HE rounds, incendiary rounds got decent nerf, and flares effectiveness is also nerfed greatly.
    So looks like infantry players need to adjust their AA style, there will be no more shoot and kills, you finally need to aim well before firing.
    Planes will always be within your FF's range if they want to hit some ground targets, 20mm rounds are no more standoff weapon.
    Imo this patch brought both FF and planes to a fairly balanced state.
  • blerooooo
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't they said they'd adjust the explosion radius of the projectiles and increase the time between each salvo? Not only the did that, they alose reduced the salvos from 3 to 2 which is the biggest nerf. Instead of the cool "pewpewpew" we now get "pew....pew". It was OP before, I agree, but it's a joke now. 
    They should've increased the delay between shots, reduced splash radius, even reduced dmg of each rocket and it would've still worked.

Panzerfaust also got nerfed/ or tank armor got buffed. Now I do 15dmg to a light tank head-on and 8 (eight) to a heavy tank without ricochet. Weapons fire rubber bullets, ADAD spam is more valuable then ever (long range shooting is a dance competition). Worst patch for BF5 (so far)
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now I haven't played the new update yet but to me but I hardly can say that a increase in range from 300 to 600 is a nerf.

maybe the FF it is absolete already so you better spruce up those MAA skills of yours than.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/196383/tips-and-trick-for-using-the-maa
  • RayD_O1
    Haven't tested it out yet but if it is significantly nerfed I'll be very dissapointed.
    Since the launch, for the first time pilots had to face their mortality, don't tell me it is gone now.
    Oh well, it was quite a fun while it lasted. I actually got used to Pilots cursing in all chat constantly. I'll miss those.
    Sadly in my experience it has been significantly nerfed and pilots are dominating once again.