Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• RipGroove99
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    It's around 5am on Sunday morning and usually I'm about to get a few hours of BFV in but instead I've just found myself here:

Until now I hadn't even considered it, I think the only reason I haven't pressed the button yet is because my internet is so slow that it would take me all day to download it and I can't be sure that by tomorrow I'd still want to play it. If I had fast internet and could have it downloaded this morning I'm pretty sure I'd be buying it right now to give me something to do while DICE is messing about with BFV. 

• Switchblade00007
    63 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I started playing online maybe a month ago or so, this latest update has me switching to other games which sucks as I was enjoying it more and more. Now, besides the normal nerfs etc, I can't even see the final outcome of the scores as I get the fail to connect bs after every game. Can't upgrade now since I get zero coins for playing, and hear no replies from the developers as if they even care. You wanna keep players? Remove the stupid 5.2 patch and rework it till it works better or remove it completely, but if the developers etc aren't even going to comment that they will fix even the fail to connect issues, then there isn't any reason to stick around and wait on a broken game.
  • SlowFatWombat
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    what a joke

some guns are OP as hell - when some are just not even worth playing.
    the unbalance of all these guns is a freaking joke, the trench carbine can kill in 3 hits but a dmr is 4 5 hits over 30 metres
    the maps are still **** and play to campers and snipers. 
    they were so fixated on this TTK instead of other more concerning issues: the cheaters, the bugs and glitches, this game has failed no matter what DICE do the community is still going to be screwed over again and again and again
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trench carbine is for close range engagement, dmr are for mid range engagement.
    Master the optimum range of all weapons, understand it and adapt your playstyle to it and you will get insane amount of kill.
    Some guns seem nerfed to hell, ( fg42 for exemple is a joke at mid/long range, but destroy **** in close range). 
  • Pw3rward
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hello,
    the ttk is **** and the cooldown at the ammobox also not the best. So where can I get my grenades. I have no problem with ammo cooldown, if I get my nates from the other player but i didnt.

the other changes are ok. 
  • iAmAnonymousTom
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good ol DICE. Literally the WORST developer this generation.

Honestly, can't wait until EA closes your doors and gives the franchise to someone with a modicum of intelligence and sensibility.
  • ShinPippo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello
    A few thoughts on this patch.
    I've been playing with this patch for a couple of days now, today I even played against a DICE member called DRUNKKZ or something like that, I tried almost all weapons and almost all weapon categories, many weapons seem really too weak with these changes almost all the smg give an unpleasant sensation only some save themselves as the EMP and the Type100. I understand why these changes have been made, to make more weapons play, but unfortunately things are going to the opposite of how they were thought, this because with the variety of maps and the various objectives within it you can't always choose the right weapon for the appropriate situation because if you want to play to win and not for simple kill you will always find yourself in close combat or at a distance with the wrong weapon at the expense of the choice you make at the beginning of the game , so all that remains is to choose those few weapons that can do slightly good in both roles and are really very little. In the other classes besides the sniper, few weapons are saved that fulfill both roles such as: STG44, Selbslatlader 1916, Ke7, Lewis gun and practically no other weapon. So in practice the choice of weapons has been reduced by a lot. (Many assignments can no longer be completed due to the difficulty level they have reached)

For example in Grand Oeration or Breakthrough (even in large maps like Al Sundan, Panzerstorm and Hamada) if you want to use the medic you are practically forced to play the Jungle Carabine, Assault is forced to use the Selbslatlader 1916 at most the stg44 and support. .. well ... I have no idea what the support in those maps can use.

Do you understand?

It is not about using the right weapon at the right time, but about using the most balanced weapon for both roles. Because you never play a game thinking you always stay away from the point (so you risk losing) and at the same time you can't think of getting to the point without having to clean a little from the distance.

If things have to remain like this in the future many and many other balances in the weapons department are necessary to find the right way to make players use a variety of weapons.

As for spotting, I didn't find it so oppressive, but I was killed in some of my Flanking just for that. I must confess to you that if it were not for the blue filter with which you decided to play the game and you were left with a cleaner graphic like that of Battlefield 1 this change would probably not have been necessary (the 5 smoke grenades that every doctor takes are also a problem because sometimes you don't really see anything on the map for minutes).

I hope I was clear and not offensive to anyone whether they like this patch or who they worked on. Ultimately if this is the future that awaits us there is much more work to be done and that in my opinion could have been avoided to focus on other aspects that might affect gameplay much more than balancing weapons.

Bye Shinpippo
  • Mokraid
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I have been enjoying the game since the Pacific release... DICE please please please listen to the community! The new spotting system does not make sense, it kills a lot of the game aspect ( flanking, hiding ... etc ). I really did not enjoy the game since the release of 5.2. I used to look forward for each coming chapters weeks but unfortunately its not the case anymore. PLEASE Atleaset create a survey or something so we can vote!

Also team balance have to be fixed!

Regards
  • Wncslr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good ol DICE. Literally the WORST developer this generation.

Honestly, can't wait until EA closes your doors and gives the franchise to someone with a modicum of intelligence and sensibility.
    I agree, I now have zero faith or respect for this company, they just do not give a stuff about new players. I've also played for about a month and was loving BF5, but after 5.2 my level up unlocks no longer unlock, support tell me there is nothing they can do and close conversation, it's just the biggest slap in the face. Worst of all is stupid gun damage now, cant even play. It's Sunday night., I've logged on for maybe 5 minutes all weekend whereas last weekend I probably played 20+ hours and was loving it. Way to completely destroy an awesome game Dice.
  • Wncslr
    5.2 has betrayed the only good thing this game had going for it. 

Why would you throw out the tight, snappy gunplay that rewarded players for actually timing and placing their shots? Why would you essentially brick several firearms? This update hands a win to Tankers and Snipers and s**** on the face of everyone else. 

There is no reason anymore to bother flanking or thinking tactically/strategically. You can run freely in the meadows as DICE intended! We've replaced the open area killing fields with happy-go-funtime Swedish ball pits! 

Thank you DICE for holding hands of noobs and low skill **** whilst simultaneously flipping off you core fans. 

Never again will I tell people about how awesome the Battlefield™ experience is. Never again will I tell them "just wait, they usually iron out the bugs after a few good patches". DICE thinks they can get away with cashing out the goodwill longtime fans of the series.

I have uninstalled BFV and it will remain uninstalled until they revert TTK

I urge everyone else who cares as much as I do to do so as well. There's no point in playing this game anymore.
    I agree 100%. The only way to get this trash update reverted is to stop playing, stop logging on, dont spend a single cent.
  • trevi92
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I love the new TTK. Why? Because the TTK was so low, that headshots didn't really matter at all. Now you NEED to headshot to kill fast - very rewarding and challenging. And I don't feel like being killed by randomly spraying people who got just 2 or 3 luckshots on my body. It actually takes much more skill to get enemies down now. The only problem is that very experienced people have a much harder time to get 10 kills with 1 magazine. ^^
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    mike2289 wrote: »
    Gave it a good two play sessions before giving feedback so I'm sure of how I feel and it's not a knee jerk reaction.

Despite all the bugs and issues I've played bfv since launch and thoroughly enjoyed it however now the ttk sucks, most guns are useless and for the first time in over 12 months I can say I genuinely don't like the game. It's incredibly frustrating to play and feels like I'm firing a spud gun.

Such a shame as it was in such a good space after the Pacific update

Just 2 hours? You got to put more hours into it, at 2 hours i still hated it but after many more hours im enjoying it, you have to completely learn the guns and forget what it was capable of doing and that takes time, what dice wants is for people to change guns and playstyles and ive seen that in my games, i switch guns more depending on maps, as an example a super close smg will be very effective in close quarter maps like devastation but you got to switch up if the map has more range, also with the new ttk you select your battles you dont shoot and kill everything you see like before.

No mate, I said 2 play sessions not 2 hours. each session was about six hours each so around 12 hours in total. I have experienced more than enough of this patch to know I don't want to play it.

I have over 750 hours play time on bfv so I'm pretty confident that I know how smg's work and I know which guns to use in which situations. I regularly change my playstyle, loadout etc so I am one of the players that use lots of different guns and therefore feel I can make a decent enough judgement for myself.

Trust me I played this extensively before stating my opinion and whilst this ttk isn't game breaking it is game changing and I don't like the change it has had on gameplay.
  • hangman960
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    should of left ttk alone and maybe just tweaked a few weapons
  • Wncslr
    trevi92 said:
    I love the new TTK. Why? Because the TTK was so low, that headshots didn't really matter at all. Now you NEED to headshot to kill fast - very rewarding and challenging. And I don't feel like being killed by randomly spraying people who got just 2 or 3 luckshots on my body. It actually takes much more skill to get enemies down now. The only problem is that very experienced people have a much harder time to get 10 kills with 1 magazine. ^^
    What makes you think they were lucky shots? If they were aiming at you there was no luck. Now however, they need to land 13 shots at over 50m or whatever. It's laughable. Sure do have to be lucky to be able to land that many shots before enemy finds cover and heals. 
  • ShinjukuGagball
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's around 5am on Sunday morning and usually I'm about to get a few hours of BFV in but instead I've just found myself here:

Until now I hadn't even considered it, I think the only reason I haven't pressed the button yet is because my internet is so slow that it would take me all day to download it and I can't be sure that by tomorrow I'd still want to play it. If I had fast internet and could have it downloaded this morning I'm pretty sure I'd be buying it right now to give me something to do while DICE is messing about with BFV. 

Good luck man! I absolutely detested Modern Warfare online, and deleted it after two weeks of pure horrific experience.  The maps are built for newcomers and camping. They have released some new content now, and I bet they have patched the crap out of it. I will give it another try next year.
  • trevi92
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trevi92 said:
    What makes you think they were lucky shots? If they were aiming at you there was no luck. Now however, they need to land 13 shots at over 50m or whatever. It's laughable. Sure do have to be lucky to be able to land that many shots before enemy finds cover and heals. 

It really doesn't take too long to get people down now if you focus more on headshotting. Before 5.2 you could aim at an enemy and spray like a monkey, still hitting about 3 rounds resulting in a kill. In bf:v spray patterns are consistent. If your aim is good, you have a very good chance to land enough bullets to get a fast kill. You can try to hit 2 or 3 headshots and then try to finish your enemy with body shots. This does even work with the medic's MP on midrange.

I really like the 5.2 feel. And I have much more fun with the game now than I had before.

I really feel like they should implement a hardcore mode with the upcoming community servers update.
    In former battlefield games I liked to play hardcore sometimes, but it was super niche. After some matches I always came back to the standard game mode. Because there is absolutely no reason to headshot if 3 bullets make a kill. :/ And I hate it if I have no chance to search cover and react to a fight.
  • xtremeboy94
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    For me these tweaks affect  more positive than negative. Now i have chance to fight back when i being shoot first and get into cover or sometimes kill becasue i don't have a good reaction, but i can hold aim so its not problem to shoot more bullets for me. dice makes right gun balance at its effective ranges like it was in bf1 because i think there are shouldn't be guns for all ranges to avoid bullet spamming at long ranges and be superior with guns at right ranges that it's supposed to be. Spotting changes it's to much, now u see enemies spotted so often that does not give u chance to see enemy by yourself (no problems with visability for me) a this become a boring and ruins stealth gameplay, however it might me helpful against campers and better track your aim at range. I understand all u players who have hundreds hours gameplay experience and its takes from u now which u find bf5 attractive and it's not fun anymore. Thats why need to be soft and hardcore servers to satisfy core players and noobs.

• misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    NLBartmaN said:
    I love the patch: so much less camping, so much less 1 frame deaths at mid range, so much less dying incover, so much less frustrating deaths by weapons that should not be able to kill me that fast atthat range.

Vechiles and their balance are also so much better, great job Dice!

I understand that certain players (and streamers) that abused the 3x scope without glint and SMG's/LMG's that could 1 frame at mid range to death are angry, but just ignore them, they just need to move in to the action a little closer. (and they will die a lot more by doing so  :D )
    After playing more I'm liking it. The gunplay that is. Not a fan of the spotting system currently and that's coming from someone who struggles with visibility. Right now it's too easy, but better than what we had in my opinion.
    Overall I'd be fine if they keep it like this or revert to pre-patch but keep some sort of spotting.
  • Copperhead1989
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trench carbine is for close range engagement, dmr are for mid range engagement.
    Master the optimum range of all weapons, understand it and adapt your playstyle to it and you will get insane amount of kill.
    Some guns seem nerfed to hell, ( fg42 for exemple is a joke at mid/long range, but destroy **** in close range). 
    The FG gets outperformed by the high rate smg's. I can see where you're coming from. Nut they gun is clearly not designed to be an smg. Yet they want us to use it as 1. If I want to use an SMG, I will use the thompson or the Suomi. 

Honestly, I don't mind the slower TTK. I just hate some guns take 13 rounds to kill... And the absurd close quarters these guns have to be used. I d not have problems with SMG's only working in close quarters. That's what they're supposed to do. But I just can not and will not accept AR's, LMG's, and MMG's being treated as one... want an LMG, to be used in close quarters? give it a big recoil....