Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• Phins1399
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Revert the changes! Spotting and the new TTK made everything so dumb! It's no fun anymore...
  • jwvoss00
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone at dice even responded yet I'm pretty sure that at least 75-80% of the community hates  post 5.2 bfV
  • alexandersp1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I`m VERY dissapointed with the new "update" . You kill the game. LEAVE it as it was before. Patch bugs and add new maps. Nothing more. If it continue this way , really , bye BF. Most people was  happy the way it was. Excepet for bugs.
     First time posting on the forums because, while I don't like every change that gets made, I've never had a patch make me lose interest in playing like 5.2--it's a pity because there are other good changes being made and there's been lots of great new content lately, but now all the weapons just feel terrible and the game dont ask you for more and more play.
    You really want to improve game ? Make cheaters hard to play. Detect cheats with some engine before join a game and make unable to play. Those are ruining the game , not the weapons as they were before.  REVERT THOSE CHANGES now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CommanderSmidley
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Garbage, I'd rather go Play FO76 and I think I will. The gunplay is somehow BETTER in that terrible game than this update.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jwvoss00 wrote: »
    Has anyone at dice even responded yet I'm pretty sure that at least 75-80% of the community hates  post 5.2 bfV

According to Jack Frags latest video DICE are apparently due to have a meeting about it Monday.
  • Wncslr
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    OneLuvvv said:
    100% All the comments about the TTK update being good are from casuals. One of the worst arguing points I see from these people is "Oh now you actually need to aim to kill people and not just spray". Really? This does nothing for a highly skilled player, you will still die just the same but it will take me slightly longer to kill you. All it does is punish skilled players and allows the casuals to evade an inevitable death. I'm still using the same guns, same style of game play and still melting people but it's super frustrating and overall not as fun as I have to empty a full clip and sometimes 2 clips to kill you but the points is, I will kill you just the same. It's unrealistic, not fun and frustrating as can be. Please stop grouping aiming skills with "spraying", you cant be elite in this game by spraying, this is something a novice player only says. DICE screwed up hard with this TTK and they know it. 
     That's seven headshots for you to kill someone at range with the FG. Frankly, that's ridiculous.

Do a deal devs, I'll shoot you in the head just 6 times at range with an FG. If you are still alive you keep your stupid changes, if not, revert this trash update.
  • EmperorBucharest
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OneLuvvv said:
    100% All the comments about the TTK update being good are from casuals. One of the worst arguing points I see from these people is "Oh now you actually need to aim to kill people and not just spray". Really? This does nothing for a highly skilled player, you will still die just the same but it will take me slightly longer to kill you. All it does is punish skilled players and allows the casuals to evade an inevitable death. I'm still using the same guns, same style of game play and still melting people but it's super frustrating and overall not as fun as I have to empty a full clip and sometimes 2 clips to kill you but the points is, I will kill you just the same. It's unrealistic, not fun and frustrating as can be. Please stop grouping aiming skills with "spraying", you cant be elite in this game by spraying, this is something a novice player only says. DICE screwed up hard with this TTK and they know it. 
     That's seven headshots for you to kill someone at range with the FG. Frankly, that's ridiculous.

Do a deal devs, I'll shoot you in the head just 6 times at range with an FG. If you are still alive you keep your stupid changes, if not, revert this trash update.
    It feels like each and every one of them had already been shot six times in the head when they decided to go through with this patch lol. I don't know how any sane human could have thought that this was a good idea, especially after the game being so hyped recently and after last year's debacle.

It feels like there's always some dumpster fire coming eventually when you play Battlefield V, no matter how good it may seem.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I thought this might be a nice change, but maybe I've changed my mind.  Sucks to learn a whole new game, once you've gotten good at it.  And, this makes snipers better, and that's never good.  Spotting is for the birds.  Starting thinking about switching to a new game now.  It won't be MW though since that looks like total trash to me.  Maybe I'll try getting into BF4.
  • Rassiva
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • SY_falcon291
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't play it. Return back to BF 4, BF 1 but don't paly BF V.  Customer is always right, we are the customer, and if they don't revert the change, BF V will be the last game I bought from Dice or Origin. That is all.
  • Usmc1419
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Don't play it. Return back to BF 4, BF 1 but don't paly BF V.  Customer is always right, we are the customer, and if they don't revert the change, BF V will be the last game I bought from Dice or Origin. That is all.

100% agree. I won't be playing BfV until they fix this either. The new changes are awful and ruined the gameplay at its core. I'm hoping other players will do the same so dice can see how significantly their number of active players have dropped since 5.2.

It's shocking they went through with this after the entire community tore it apart last year and also voiced their disgust with the changelog of 5.2 before it hit. Talk about a disaster after everything was great with the Pacific release. I came back to BFV with the Pacific and now I'm leaving again with 5.2.
  • AvocadoPablo
    113 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here let's do this.....everyone vote.  Can someone post this strawpoll to reddit as well?  Thanks.

https://www.strawpoll.me/19057493
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone interested in playing with the old TTK: The MG42 still is a 4-6 BTK when you use High Velocity Bullets, as these use a different round in the data, that was not updated. So you can fire at 981rpm with a 250 belt and pre-nerf TTK.
    Well, good job by DICE.
  • crashingdabrave
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I like about the 5.2 update:

notification that shows you are spotted.
    the increased ammo capacity.
    The idea of having certain weapons fit a certain play style

What I don't like about the 5.2 update:
    The obvious TTK change.
    Some weapons do not do enough damage to be viable options.
    SMGs are useless against shotguns.
    Some support weapons other than the fg42 does not do enough damage up close (15-30ft).

• Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Moderators - think it is time to consolidate all the 5.2 threads!
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    3D spotting is completely broken. It’s possible to spot other players (and be spotted yourself) behind smoke, and even behind walls: https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e7x81m/love_how_the_new_3d_spotting_lets_me_see_through/

REVERT THIS FEATURE PLEASE, DICE.
  • NightRaptor
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have never been so mad at a BF update! This is horrible! I can’t be objective because I’m so upset that they would do this crap to the core players just to get whinny a** noobs to keep playing the game. I’m horrible player, but I have enjoyed playing the game since BF inception. I don’t even post, but I feel compelled to do so. I feel a little better now. Fix the update to reflect what the community wants, not what you think will line your pockets more.
  • iSeyky
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019

(I am French and I use google translation) I have the game for 2 weeks so I have a known the old tkk and I loved it, the game was almost perfect with something a little bit abused but with this maj instead of improving the game you have destroyed and I do not like it anymore, if nothing is done I will buy the game for only 90 hours of play

uptade of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...:( 
  • Meatgazer5
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    F... That is all.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    OneLuvvv said:

Shoudln't that be the other way around.  You shoot them 6 times and they are still alive then they should revert the changes in TTK