Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    For anyone interested in playing with the old TTK: The MG42 still is a 4-6 BTK when you use High Velocity Bullets, as these use a different round in the data, that was not updated. So you can fire at 981rpm with a 250 belt and pre-nerf TTK.
    Well, good job by DICE.
    They will "fix" that now, let's see how quick they do it, other more important items get dragged out for an eternity.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Dice thank you so much for 5.2!!!

I'm a complete noob to Battlefield and initially quit BFV when I realized my team was often stuck at the start of a round at 18-22 players while the opposing team kept filling up all the way to 32 players. I found it infuriating to start a round 32 vs 20 players or whatever.

But the 5.2 damage reduction is all I needed!

Who needs a full team when you have nerf guns.

I compliment you for having your priorities straight.
  • BrokeWar
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all the other recent battlefield games I always played hardcore servers cause the guns had power. I didn't like to be shooting at someone with a full auto gun, hitting my shots, they turn around while I'm shooting at them and one kill me....

I stopped playing battlefield with BF1 soon after its release without hard core. It was a bullet sponge mess.

BFV seemed a little better at least so I decided to buy it. I don't get to play much now that I'm older but BFV was one of my go to games even though it didn't have hard core, it was a little better and it is beautiful.
    However, lately I have been leaning towards hell let loose with its much better game mechanics and gun play since we still don't have a hard core game mode in BFV. I can't describe how excited I would be if I got a battlefield game with its amazing graphics and smooth frames, but it had the game play of a game like hell let loose.

I never come to these forums to post anything, but I was tired of my BF games being trashed for the last 4 or 5 years...
  • SlowFatWombat
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i dont understand

1. the developers spent time, money and resources on trying to fully restructure TTK. Why? Yes, some guns are OP and some are UP but tweaking these guns would of been so much better and easier then a complete overhaul.
    2. they could of spent this time, fixing the maps, the game modes, the spawn screens and the cheating epidemic. But they are too focused on not really useless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but stuff which isn't so important.
    3. This game has been out for over a year, now we have to re-learn the same guns and see which are OP again and UP, come on DICE. 

Listen to the community, read and understand the frustration that 75% of players have while playing your game.
    You want more players so you are trying to make your game more casual. DONT DO THIS.
    Make a game which is BATTLEFIELD, the epic fights, the crazy destruction, the iconic maps. Stop trying to make BATTLEFIELD like COD, PUBG, and your competition, stand out by being a company that makes AMAZING FPS MULTIPLAYER GAMES. Not just another forgotten game or company
  • PestilentTax64
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Revert the ttk. 5.2 he made me uninstall the game. It's so child like it really feels e rated 😂😂
  • PestilentTax64
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have never been so mad at a BF update! This is horrible! I can’t be objective because I’m so upset that they would do this crap to the core players just to get whinny a** noobs to keep playing the game. I’m horrible player, but I have enjoyed playing the game since BF inception. I don’t even post, but I feel compelled to do so. I feel a little better now. Fix the update to reflect what the community wants, not what you think will line your pockets more.

It ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sucks dude.. 5.2 is a nightmare I uninstalled outta disappointment
  • PestilentTax64
    For all the people strong enough to stop playing to get the point across I ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ love you ❤ let's get it back
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/ypAbhRnsIEs

6 to 1 against the new TTK get voting fellas 
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Besides some additional weapon balance and the bug where the end of round doesn't get fetched i think the patch is pretty good. Im on console and im really enjoying the reduction in recoil on a lot of the automatic weapons. And i enjoy being shot at and being able to scramble and survive if they are a bad shot.

Ttk doesn't seem that much longer than before unless you were firing at long range which i guess is what everyone on pc was doing. I already wasn't engaging at long range with certain guns due to the absurd recoil.

Patch gets 3/5 stars with room for improvement.
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    For anyone interested in playing with the old TTK: The MG42 still is a 4-6 BTK when you use High Velocity Bullets, as these use a different round in the data, that was not updated. So you can fire at 981rpm with a 250 belt and pre-nerf TTK.Well, good job by DICE.

Lol.
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mike2289 wrote: »
    Gave it a good two play sessions before giving feedback so I'm sure of how I feel and it's not a knee jerk reaction.

Despite all the bugs and issues I've played bfv since launch and thoroughly enjoyed it however now the ttk sucks, most guns are useless and for the first time in over 12 months I can say I genuinely don't like the game. It's incredibly frustrating to play and feels like I'm firing a spud gun.

Such a shame as it was in such a good space after the Pacific update

Just 2 hours? You got to put more hours into it, at 2 hours i still hated it but after many more hours im enjoying it, you have to completely learn the guns and forget what it was capable of doing and that takes time, what dice wants is for people to change guns and playstyles and ive seen that in my games, i switch guns more depending on maps, as an example a super close smg will be very effective in close quarter maps like devastation but you got to switch up if the map has more range, also with the new ttk you select your battles you dont shoot and kill everything you see like before.

No mate, I said 2 play sessions not 2 hours. each session was about six hours each so around 12 hours in total. I have experienced more than enough of this patch to know I don't want to play it.

I have over 750 hours play time on bfv so I'm pretty confident that I know how smg's work and I know which guns to use in which situations. I regularly change my playstyle, loadout etc so I am one of the players that use lots of different guns and therefore feel I can make a decent enough judgement for myself.

Trust me I played this extensively before stating my opinion and whilst this ttk isn't game breaking it is game changing and I don't like the change it has had on gameplay.

Fair enough
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For all the people strong enough to stop playing to get the point across I **** love you ❤ let's get it back

I spent my spare time this weekend getting back in to other games that I'd neglected while constantly playing BFV, I'll be back playing SQUAD now until BFV gets fixed.
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AT Mines are worthless now. 25 damage per AT Mine? Yes, I understand that you have three AT Mines (on Support and Assault) but 25 damage isn't gonna cut it DICE. Also, 17 damage from a 75mm against the side of a Sherman? And HEAT rounds only dealing 20-25 damage now? Way to break the balance on the Pacific tanks. I can get behind a small HEAT round nerf to make it do 34 DMG, but 20-25 for something that can easily wreck tanks and tear them a new one is beyond me. I guess HESH rounds on the Churchill 90mm Howitzer got nerfed too then huh? 
  • Blackidus
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If they keep this TTK they need to change all the assignments as well.
    "Get 5 headshots on one soldier without killing him while attacking objectives"
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    If they keep this TTK they need to change all the assignments as well.
    "Get 5 headshots on one soldier without killing him while attacking objectives"
    Or "Get 10 kills under 1 meter"  
  • mike2289
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im on the positive side, im enjoying the ttk to an extent, i think some ranges and damage in some guns are questionable, for an smg to be close range i rather it have a lot more recoil as an example to make me play close than extreme less damage from range.
    I like the slower ttk though because it feels rewarding because theres more of a gun fight where i feel i out gun someone, you dont die quick and youre able to get to cover and stay alive longer, it makes the guns feel more varied and not feel like it can do everything, i dont shoot everything i see now and i end up picking my battles and move around the map differently because of it, overall for me the new ttk creates more variety, its not perfect but i like the direction.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Westie's new video pretty much sums it up:

• RamFrog
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AT Mines are worthless now. 25 damage per AT Mine? Yes, I understand that you have three AT Mines (on Support and Assault) but 25 damage isn't gonna cut it DICE. Also, 17 damage from a 75mm against the side of a Sherman? And HEAT rounds only dealing 20-25 damage now? Way to break the balance on the Pacific tanks. I can get behind a small HEAT round nerf to make it do 34 DMG, but 20-25 for something that can easily wreck tanks and tear them a new one is beyond me. I guess HESH rounds on the Churchill 90mm Howitzer got nerfed too then huh? 
    You can stack AT mines 6 high now, so that balances it. Or you can spread six mines all around for hindrance. You can carry only three still though.
  • SgtMDuck
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not get it really - do we blame DICE for 5.2 TTK or is it actually not EA we should blame?
    The torch from EA must be up DICES ... (three letter word) - EA want their money and tells Dice to put in the new TTK for the Christmas Season!
    (Let´s make some money on new players and the other ones, the community - well they have already paid for the game, so guess what let´s scre- these guys, they come back when we revert the TTKagain... Let´s tell them that "we have heared you , we listen"

This worked last year, so let´s do it again....

The community is still playing BF3, BF4 - fantastic games, they of course have their fair share of issues. But actually where handled pretty good by DICE and EA.
    BF4 was a complete mess at launch, nothing worked - but they brought the CTE. This helped out the game so much, and that is why servers are repopulating.

I can say that new maps for BF4 and BF3 would be more interesting than the mess BFV gives you (Maps from Pacific fantastic, but at the moment not enjoyable since TTK change)

When can we expect your official reply?

• rv112
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't even join full servers with a queue now. All I get is Failed To Join Game Session The Game Could not Be Found

This is a joke of a patch through and through. Really not tested properly and I am at my wit's end. About to just give up playing BFV 

I have the same problem: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/197596/since-5-2-queue-not-working#latest