All support guns except madsen are garbage.

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Even the Browning a gun that suppose to do well at range is hot garbage now. Not to mention Mg42 now fires 1200 marshmallows per minute.

I engaged a prone enemy at 100 meters with my Lewis today, and it took me about 25-30 rounds of the 47 round cylindrical magazine to kill them. Aim? I was getting plenty of hit markers and score pop ups so I wasn't missing much. It felt like I was firing beans
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, if it was 100m, that means that 8 of them hit, as Lewis does not do less than 13.2 damage per bullet. Which sounds about right for Lewis at that distance. 
  • talhaONE
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, if it was 100m, that means that 8 of them hit, as Lewis does not do less than 13.2 damage per bullet. Which sounds about right for Lewis at that distance. 
    Which makes no sense. Ribeyrolles fires at same rate of fire but way more accurate and does more damage at range. Before the update lewis had more damage at range.
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, the caveat being that Ribeyrolles does not have 47/97 rounds in a magazine. That actually isn't really an uncommon balancing type. Not to mention that both are designed for fairly different roles, Lewis is not supposed to be a long-range beam, but something primarily for engaging multiple enemies on mid-range, while Ribeyrolles is a weapon that, while with potential for 2 or, on very rare occasions, 3 kills in a mag, is primarily there for accuracy-driven individual fights. It makes sense in that context, especially as, if you do not have above-average ranged accuracy with the Rib, you will simply lose due to reloading.
  • talhaONE
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, the caveat being that Ribeyrolles does not have 47/97 rounds in a magazine. That actually isn't really an uncommon balancing type. Not to mention that both are designed for fairly different roles, Lewis is not supposed to be a long-range beam, but something primarily for engaging multiple enemies on mid-range, while Ribeyrolles is a weapon that, while with potential for 2 or, on very rare occasions, 3 kills in a mag, is primarily there for accuracy-driven individual fights. It makes sense in that context, especially as, if you do not have above-average ranged accuracy with the Rib, you will simply lose due to reloading.
    Its player fault if they cant kill someone with 25 rounds. Not the gun.

My point is stands still. Support guns became garbage and straight-out worse then assaults.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    i agree, i tried my fav weaon MG42 and i was like , ''WTF just happened?! '' after shooting thousand of bullets towards few enemies in a choke point and didn't make a kill...
  • talhaONE
    i agree, i tried my fav weaon MG42 and i was like , ''WTF just happened?! '' after shooting thousand of bullets to few enemies and didn't kill one of them... 

Mg42 and VGO are poop right now. Dont even bother with them unless dice buffs them.
  • Soulbreeze
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MG42 is basically just a shotgun now. I took the RPM rate perk and ran around with the 'ADS' hipfire and killed people pretty well up to a little past shotgun range. Not really it's intended use, but that's the only way it works now since it has no range. It was pretty lol using it the way I was using it, but it made me laugh.
  • talhaONE
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    MG42 is basically just a shotgun now. I took the RPM rate perk and ran around with the 'ADS' hipfire and killed people pretty well up to a little past shotgun range. Not really it's intended use, but that's the only way it works now since it has no range. It was pretty lol using it the way I was using it, but it made me laugh.
    Dice said Mg42 intended range is 10 meters which is a joke. How an MMG that you need to use bipod to be effective has such low effective range?
  • xKusagamix
    1063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis gun is still decent since it has no recoil and a large mag but every other gun is indeed hot garbage. FG42 easily being the worst LMG with it's low damage and small clip. Legitimately more effective to just run around with a revolver.
    I wouldn't even call the FG42 a LMG after the lastest patch. It's now feel more like a SMG but worse.
  • Eliittininja
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's plenty of reserved ammo and supply stations now so Support's role is minor these days. Maybe they should take a look in supply station network and cut it in half that each objective has either ammo or medical station but not both of them. Support and Medic classes would automatically become stronger and Assault would get much deserved nerf, Recon would too as a side effect :)
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Use the MG42 with RXXR, as the velocity upgrade uses a different bullet in the data, meaning it will still do TTK 1.0 damage. Support meta.
  • JediMastaWyn
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MMG's are borderline useless, especially on console. Firing dozens of rounds downrange means nothing now.  Only thing that happens is you get domed by a recon with zero bullet drop and auto aim headshot. 

LMG's are slightly better as they can be used more on the move. Guns like the LS/26 can be used as a single shot battle rifle. and KE7 can hold it's own in a firefight.   
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs didn't need to be touched tbh. The playstyle was already weak. Not sure how you can nerf a stationary playstyle but leave their direct counter (snipers) untouched. Might as well buff hipfire for MMGs to compensate for this nerf if they won't revert it.
  • NLBartmaN
    4078 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have no trouble using the MMG's, LMG's and shotguns since the patch.

Hipfiring even feels better with some MMG's.

Holding ground deployed with MMG also still works without problems, just make sure to not start firing too soon and keep on moving a little.
  • talhaONE
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Use the MG42 with RXXR, as the velocity upgrade uses a different bullet in the data, meaning it will still do TTK 1.0 damage. Support meta.

I tried that and its currently the only useable MMG.
  • Woodlbrad
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s sad you gotta rely on a bug to even make the mg42 viable rip battlefield these changes are just plain stupid.
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny seeing people complain about their gun viability at 100meters.... That is rifle range, if you're spraying at someone that far away you deserve to be sniped in the face before you could even take the target to 50% health.
  • dariarty
    62 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    talhaONE said:
    Even the Browning a gun that suppose to do well at range is hot garbage now. Not to mention Mg42 now fires 1200 marshmallows per minute.
    MMG's are quite literally the lowest (prone pun intended) form of gun play. It's good that this abomination to gaming is now ruined.

I admit that losing the FG-42 was a body blow but the Lewis, Madsen and the Bren (headshot monster) are still fantastic choices for mid range while the KE-7 has suddenly become a very solid CQC contender, just slap an AA sight on it. I picked it up as a Medic on Marita and just rinsed the opposition. I wish I knew what load out the owner went with.

Agree that Assault weapons are objectively the strongest at the moment, but to be honest they where before too, so nothings really changed.

Support is still a solid class, it just takes relearning a lot of the guns again, especially now that the skill ceiling has been raised to where headshots are king.
  • VincentNZ
    3874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dariarty said:
    talhaONE said:
    MMG's are quite literally the lowest (prone pun intended) form of gun play. It's good that this abomination to gaming is now ruined.

I admit that losing the FG-42 was a body blow but the Lewis, Madsen and the Bren (headshot monster) are still fantastic choices for mid range while the KE-7 has suddenly become a very solid CQC contender, just slap an AA sight on it. I picked it up as a Medic on Marita and just rinsed the opposition. I wish I knew what load out the owner went with.

Agree that Assault weapons are objectively the strongest at the moment, but to be honest they where before too, so nothings really changed.

Support is still a solid class, it just takes relearning a lot of the guns again, especially now that the skill ceiling has been raised to where headshots are king.

Well, yeah you were doing well because it uses the same damage model as the MAB/MP34/STG44, yet has a ROF of 635. It also gets an arguably good spec tree with lightened which will help you at all ranges. It is okayish as Support, yet naturally when you pick it up as Medic you can make more use of it, since you have the self-heal and smoke to control engagements. Other than that it is simply an "AR".
    Support isn't really solid, as the gadgets are all sub-par and their best weapons are now classified as "ARs".