One Gun

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I always use full auto but I tap shots at like 30m. 7.5 rounds a second is slow enough to click manually imo and you want full auto ready for when people round corners (the hip fire works really well).

The only underpowered assault guns are the M1912 and Auto 5.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That is one tricky question. Well I am using the Peacekeeper as my secondary universally across all loadouts, it's a pocket sniper rifle and a mad DPS sprayer in a pinch, not to mention it's aesthetics and exclusivity. As for the primary.. if I had to make a choice once and for all I would probably go for the MP18 Trench. It's great at short ranges and can compete with Medics at medium distaces, it's also reliable, I can trust it to hit an opponent when I am burst firing at them over a long range. If I had to pick a weapon for each class I would take Selbstlader 1916 Marksman for the Medic, Parabellum Factory for the Support and SMLE Marksman for the Scout, but only if I had to. I like to change between my primaries pretty much every game to keep it spicy. 
  • GerocK-
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Chauchat Low Weight.

An absolute monster in every situation ( and in my opinion ) nothing can match it up close and far away.
    Tried this weapon after reading your post and I have to agree; it's awesome. The hipfire up close is brutal and very satisfying
  • IM_A_BLIND_KID
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Tried this weapon after reading your post and I have to agree; it's awesome. The hipfire up close is brutal and very satisfying

Good to hear mate. A bit of advice when shooting enemies at a distance single tap fire ;-) don’t go full auto unless up close....you’ll lose every time....it’s single fire is so accurate if you know what you’re doing.
  • WetFishDB
    2231 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That is one tricky question. Well I am using the Peacekeeper as my secondary universally across all loadouts, it's a pocket sniper rifle and a mad DPS sprayer in a pinch, not to mention it's aesthetics and exclusivity. As for the primary.. if I had to make a choice once and for all I would probably go for the MP18 Trench. It's great at short ranges and can compete with Medics at medium distaces, it's also reliable, I can trust it to hit an opponent when I am burst firing at them over a long range. If I had to pick a weapon for each class I would take Selbstlader 1916 Marksman for the Medic, Parabellum Factory for the Support and SMLE Marksman for the Scout, but only if I had to. I like to change between my primaries pretty much every game to keep it spicy. 
    Slightly envious of the primary - there’s no chance of me jumping through the necessary hoops to get that one.  Interesting choices for the other classes.  For me, that medic gun is too slow firing to play as aggressively as I do, and prefer the slightly faster firing Howell for longer ranges.

Out of interest, are you PC or Console?  When it comes to all-round assault guns, whilst the MP18 is well rounded, it seems more popular on PC than it does on Console where the Hellriegel is in practice much more common, and affectionately termed Noobriegel.

• WetFishDB
    2231 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GerocK- said:
    Chauchat Low Weight.

An absolute monster in every situation ( and in my opinion ) nothing can match it up close and far away.
    Is the hipfire really all that good on a support gun?  I don’t like playing support as often by virtue of lack of actual value in a team role (comparative to medic to revive or assault to destroy vehicles).  But on occasions when I do, it’d be good to have a gun I enjoy.  I did have a load of fun with the IMG the other day when I had to pick up someone elses kit.
  • ElliotLH
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tough one...I'm going to go with the Federov Optical, since it's my only primary at 100 service stars so know it very well, and the Peacekeeper as the secondary as I like the twirling.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2019
    WetFishDB said:
    Slightly envious of the primary - there’s no chance of me jumping through the necessary hoops to get that one.  Interesting choices for the other classes.  For me, that medic gun is too slow firing to play as aggressively as I do, and prefer the slightly faster firing Howell for longer ranges.

Out of interest, are you PC or Console?  When it comes to all-round assault guns, whilst the MP18 is well rounded, it seems more popular on PC than it does on Console where the Hellriegel is in practice much more common, and affectionately termed Noobriegel.

You mean the Peacekeeper secondary that you believe you couldn't get? It's easier done than said, just requires a little bit of patience, otherwise it's a great adventure and there is always people around to help you on your journey, BFEE for one. I convinced a friend of mine who I brought in BF1 about 3 months ago to get it and he did it with pretty much zero assistance from me.
    Medic primary was a tough choice, either Selbstlader Marksman or Cei-Rigotti Optical. The Italian gun is a bit more responsive and more suited for aggression than the Selbstlader, the German self-loading rifle is just a beast when it comes to defensive - consolidating gains role, you essentially become a sentry turret whenever you go, also the boomy noise it makes is an ear candy. Very hard choice to me, but having ran with Cei-Rigotti after posting that original comment, I would probably go back on that and say I would probably, maybe, possibly pick the Italian rifle if I had to make a once and for all decision, but only just.
    I am on PC.

You know just because you mentioned Hellriegel, I don't like it, not a bit. I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, it's like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's significantly worse than MP18 / Automatico / Annie at short ranges, it's not good at all at Medium / Medic sort of ranges, you can't burst hipfire it like MP18  / Automatico and obliterate people over ridiculous for the Assault distances, if you are at any range greater than the shotgun range you are reduced to ADS burstfiring, at that point I might as well just use Cei-Rigotti and I would take MP18 Optical any day over it. I unlocked the Hellriegel Defensive because of the slight accuracy boost and well, the huge mag, but even that is not practical, it's fun to use and you can flank and clear out entire points but, the bipod is mostly useless because once you start taking any sort of suppression coming your way the accuracy evaporates. Yeah I feel like there are some differences between PC and console weapon behavior, because I only ever use the Hellriegel on PC when I am bored of the good guns. 
  • WetFishDB
    (Quote)
    You mean the Peacekeeper secondary that you believe you couldn't get? It's easier done than said, just requires a little bit of patience, otherwise it's a great adventure and there is always people around to help you on your journey, BFEE for one. I convinced a friend of mine who I brought in BF1 about 3 months ago to get it and he did it with pretty much zero assistance from me.
    Medic primary was a tough choice, either Selbstlader Marksman or Cei-Rigotti Optical. The Italian gun is a bit more responsive and more suited for aggression than the Selbstlader, the German self-loading rifle is just a beast when it comes to defensive - consolidating gains role, you essentially become a sentry turret whenever you go, also the boomy noise it makes is an ear candy. Very hard choice to me, but having ran with Cei-Rigotti after posting that original comment, I would probably go back on that and say I would probably, maybe, possibly pick the Italian rifle if I had to make a once and for all decision, but only just.
    I am on PC.

You know just because you mentioned Hellriegel, I don't like it, not a bit. I think it's one of the worst guns in the game, it's like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's significantly worse than MP18 / Automatico / Annie at short ranges, it's not good at all at Medium / Medic sort of ranges, you can't burst hipfire it like MP18  / Automatico and obliterate people over ridiculous for the Assault distances, if you are at any range greater than the shotgun range you are reduced to ADS burstfiring, at that point I might as well just use Cei-Rigotti and I would take MP18 Optical any day over it. I unlocked the Hellriegel Defensive because of the slight accuracy boost and well, the huge mag, but even that is not practical, it's fun to use and you can flank and clear out entire points but, the bipod is mostly useless because once you start taking any sort of suppression coming your way the accuracy evaporates. Yeah I feel like there are some differences between PC and console weapon behavior, because I only ever use the Hellriegel on PC when I am bored of the good guns. 

I did mean Peacekeeper secondary. I looked at the steps once before, and if I remember correctly there was some Norse code involved - at which point I decided not to even start. Might go for it at some point when I’m really bored.

Perhaps I play medic more aggressively, i find I do requires a faster fire rate (and bigger magazine) when capturing or defending flags to compete with the other classes and deal with more than just a couple of enemies. It might also be in part the modes we play too perhaps. I love the look of the Cei, but it just doesn’t stand out for me unless I sit back and ‘defend’ a bit more. The reload is just too long.

I think whilst the Hellriegel isn’t DPS wise as effective as other guns, due to the lower accuracy on Console makes it quite forgiving - and therefore more widely used. And for me personally, it’s an all round gun. Doesn’t excel at anything but not necessarily terrible at anything either
  • ElliotLH
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I am on PC.

I did mean Peacekeeper secondary. I looked at the steps once before, and if I remember correctly there was some Norse code involved - at which point I decided not to even start. Might go for it at some point when I’m really bored.

Perhaps I play medic more aggressively, i find I do requires a faster fire rate (and bigger magazine) when capturing or defending flags to compete with the other classes and deal with more than just a couple of enemies. It might also be in part the modes we play too perhaps. I love the look of the Cei, but it just doesn’t stand out for me unless I sit back and ‘defend’ a bit more. The reload is just too long.

I think whilst the Hellriegel isn’t DPS wise as effective as other guns, due to the lower accuracy on Console makes it quite forgiving - and therefore more widely used. And for me personally, it’s an all round gun. Doesn’t excel at anything but not necessarily terrible at anything either

If you do decide to try again this tool is really handy, once you've got the morse from a video: https://bfee.herokuapp.com/

The one with the light puzzle can get in the bin though. Hated doing that one with a passion.
  • MarxistDictator
    5068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hellriegel overuse is just a product of the launch period YT memes where everyone was convinced you could only play the game with 3-4 guns. This is also why you see the Model 10 used over all other shotguns, despite only having 2m more OHK range than the 1897 and no slamfire.

Plus after the Apocalypse update the Hellriegel was completely superceded by the SMG 08/18 (recoil is irrelevant to the effective range of SMGs, use the one with a much lower TTK and more ammo).
  • WetFishDB
    Hellriegel overuse is just a product of the launch period YT memes where everyone was convinced you could only play the game with 3-4 guns. This is also why you see the Model 10 used over all other shotguns, despite only having 2m more OHK range than the 1897 and no slamfire.

Plus after the Apocalypse update the Hellriegel was completely superceded by the SMG 08/18 (recoil is irrelevant to the effective range of SMGs, use the one with a much lower TTK and more ammo).
    I do think it's earned a sort of up turned nose by experienced players, but it really is a reasonable gun and sooo forgiving for inexperienced players to get to grips with (although I agree there are better ones).

Personally I'm going to switch to the SMG08 once I've finally got the Hellriegel to 100 service stars (I only play assault when needing to deal with a tank, so much slower progress).  Generally a better gun IMHO.  Just a shame so many high pingers use it giving ultra-quick deaths.  I'm not sure I'll ever bother using shotguns myself.  Just too limiting for my play style.
  • PackersDK
    820 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really like the base game weapons for some reason. MP18, Bar Storm, Mondragón Storm and SMLE (preferably the Carbine). It would have to be one of those depending on map. 

But the only weapon that is actually always equipped on one of my support players is the M1917 Low Weight. An absolute beast when playing Ops defense.

Sidearms. I love the huge selection in BF1, and I have service stars on all of them (not the Kolibri). Just like to change things up, but if I had to choose, the Mars or the M1911. Can’t go wrong with that!
  • ItsAGunshotWound
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    M.95 Infantry, Peacekeeper. They're just so satisfying. Yeah, the Mondragon Storm is nice, but it just doesn't have that nice punch that the 95 does.
  • VoidReaper007
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Parabellum
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1) Madsen Low Weight - good mix of close combat and ranged performance.
    2) Bulldog revolver - sluggish reload, but can outperform a CQC weapon in terms of damage output.
    3) Flare gun - having information is critical. 
    4) Ammo packs - matter of convenience. With flares and infinite ammo, you would become an infinite spotting machine. If not ammo, then dynamite for anti-armor/anti-building purposes
    5) Incendiary grenade - smoke comes very close in second, but incendiary has the edge due to area denial, ability to flush people out of tough angles and also being able to block view a bit on top of that
    6) Any heavy melee weapon - a single swing would be lethal if enemy got tagged with the Bulldog.
  • MarxistDictator
    Madsen is an amazing LMG absolutely no one used ever. Easily the best LMG the vanilla support kit has to offer imo, perfect blend of everything
  • WetFishDB
    2) Bulldog revolver - sluggish reload, but can outperform a CQC weapon in terms of damage output.
    4) Ammo packs - matter of convenience. With flares and infinite ammo, you would become an infinite spotting machine. If not ammo, then dynamite for anti-armor/anti-building purposes
    5) Incendiary grenade - smoke comes very close in second, but incendiary has the edge due to area denial, ability to flush people out of tough angles and also being able to block view a bit on top of that
    6) Any heavy melee weapon - a single swing would be lethal if enemy got tagged with the Bulldog.
    Nice to see some original choices - and mostly one’s I haven’t used.  For melee, I love the Coup Coup - it destroys wood and barbed wire, and is still pretty heavy hitting - one auto revolver shot in close quarters and the melee should be a takedown.  

A bit confused with the Flares and Infinite Ammo comment though.  Aren’t flares exclusive to Scout, and Ammo exclusive to Support?  Seems an odd combination to advocate.
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    WetFishDB said:
    Nice to see some original choices - and mostly one’s I haven’t used.  For melee, I love the Coup Coup - it destroys wood and barbed wire, and is still pretty heavy hitting - one auto revolver shot in close quarters and the melee should be a takedown.  

A bit confused with the Flares and Infinite Ammo comment though.  Aren’t flares exclusive to Scout, and Ammo exclusive to Support?  Seems an odd combination to advocate.
    Well, I worked with assumption that I could make any loadout I want, regardless of how class and how utterly broken it would be. If I had to stick to Support gadgets, I would probably go for HE crossbow launcher with ammo packs - sure, frag xbow does more damage, but HE damage is more certain and, more importantly, HE grenades destroy walls. Limpet would be a close second for me.
  • WetFishDB
    WetFishDB said:

Well, I worked with assumption that I could make any loadout I want, regardless of how class and how utterly broken it would be. If I had to stick to Support gadgets, I would probably go for HE crossbow launcher with ammo packs - sure, frag xbow does more damage, but HE damage is more certain and, more importantly, HE grenades destroy walls. Limpet would be a close second for me.
    Ah, I see.  So you kinda went god-mode ;)

If I have a single, god-mode setup then I think it would be...

Primary: Federov Optical on most maps, SMG08 on Argonne and FDV
    Secondary: Auto Revolver - it’s just too awesome not to
    Gadget 1: Health Packs - to keep me in the battle more
    Gadget 2: Dynamite - on the occasions you stumble up against a squad (or tank) from behind
    Grenade: Light Anti-Tank for vehicle maps, Incendiary for Argonne and FDV (our maybe Gas but hate it so much)
    Melee: Coup Coup (heavy hitting, and cuts barbed wire and wood)

Up close whilst a spotting flare is useful, a good headset makes footsteps relatively easy to follow anyway.  I’d prefer to quickly heal and then engage a second enemy rather than have to sit out the game for a bit.