Post 5.2 Feedback Megathread

Comments

• EK_KGI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    any comments from dice to this toppic so far ?
  • TotoXSniper
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EK_KGI said:
    would like to know this as well......
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EK_KGI said:
    would like to know this as well......
    My homie said that they had a company meeting dedicated to this situation today, but I'm not sure if it's reliable information.
  • Sirouss
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing this weekend. 
    This makes almost all but a few guns feel horrible to use. They have all but eliminated kills at medium range with anything Sniper Rifles and the Medic Carbines almost impossible to get with my skill level and that is a worse feeling than living that little bit longer. 

Plus the new spotting mechanic is awful, I got more kills and deaths because of it then I can ever remember, Not as bad as BF4 but pretty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ close where you are just shooting at Icons and not at actual players.

All but a few of the Semi-Autos are any good right now. The LMGs should not act like SMGs.
    Instead of fixing the Medium to Long range TTK, maybe you should have designed maps with fewer long lines of sight like you currently have in almost all maps. Maybe give players more cover to move about the battlefield then just running through 100 meters of open space just to get between flags.

• enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought they said the passive spotting only works for you but i ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ see spotted enemies from far away which have been spotted by teammates!?
  • Draxonfly
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I like the 5.2 patch. The game feels like a proper battlefield game now (like past battlefields). It is a lot more fun, a little more tactical and teamwork is more important than ever.

I feel it is a great improvement, its feel a little different than pre 5.2, but after a few games it easy to get used to, and just feel so much better. 

I hope they dont change it back. 
  • plidoodo
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear DICE. You have proved alot of times that you are a great developer and I LOVE your games. The marketing of Battlefield V backfired as you know, but one thing that stood out quite a bit and that we noticed in the Alpha of the game was the amazing gunplay. This was clearly something you were proud of, since you were quite outspoken about it. The new rewarding gunplay! And sure, it was as amazing as you said. Some weapons always need some tweaking, and what developers usually do is to alter recoil. What you have done now is a blanket change of the whole gunplay. You have destroyed what you probably worked hard to achieve. Sure, some guns were maybe a bit better than others, but you could actually own and have fun with basically all weapons. With this update you wanted more weapons to be viable. It's exactly the opposite. Way LESS guns are viable than before. What I dislike the most is the changes of fire rates to the semi automatic rifles. You can't simply change something like that after one whole year.
    All of them just feel bad to use. And that's the whole story of this update. It just feels bad, and wrong. Battlefield V was rewarding before, it felt so good to run around, capping flags, engaging in firefights. Now it's all gone. I have actually tried 5.2 alot. I've given it a chance, but it's just not fun anymore. I play games to have fun. So, now I have reinstalled BF4 and CoD Modern Warfare to get some FUN gameplay again (not as fun as BFV was though).

Really hope you will listen to your paying, supporting customers this time. And stop it with the lies. I can't believe you actually went on air and said this was NOT a TTK change. I mean, you must have tried it yourself right? That was a straight up lie.

Hoppas ni lär er av era misstag, kära landsmän.

Med Vänliga Hälsningar.
  • F1sherOrigin
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "EA DICE is aware that the community is upset with #BattlefieldV's TTK changes in 5.2 and they're looking at ways to address it. "Plan is 100% to come back to everyone this week", says Freeman. Hopefully before Friday."

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e87sja/dont_relate_drunkkz3_to_52_ttk/faa1o2z/?context=3
  • FranzJeger
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is released. It's a disaster PR move, forcing politcal nonsense and calling people stupid for accepting your woke agenda. The game contains an unbelievable amount of bugs, lack of content and a rampant cheater problem. 6 months later the game is still in a buggy mess with next game breaking patch with more bugs then the last. The core community stills plays the game, know why, great and fun gunplay with "realistic lethality". A little later, content finally arrives with the pacific as the "crown jewel", Battlefield V is finally in a good place.

Dice decides to screw the community by implementing TTK changes NO ONE ASKED FOR! You changed TTK before, it was a disaster then and it's a disaster now! LISTEN to the core community, we are the ones playing the game when everyone else is gone! We keep the game alive! It's time for EA/DICE to put down the crack pipe and listen to your player base and revert TTK changes ASAP! Until the  TTK changes are reverted we will stop playing BFV. 
  • Salamander
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Dice, please stop trying to dumb weapons down. Bullets should be lethal if they connect. If you want to make automatic weapons harder to use and get kills with, increase the recoil and make burst fire a better tactic than holding down and spraying clips. Also make accuracy harder when standing and easier when prone.
  • Conker
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

the game already has wrong P.C. BS, why it now needs to have a bad TTK to be unfun to play? Can I claim a refund?
  • Denniswbruce
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fact- you could tap fire with an assault rifle and kill people from across the map which made using any other gun besides a sniper rifle stupid. 

Fact-  no spotting equals instadeath because the 12-year-old covering the flank doesn't do their job. It's almost impossible to stay alive when nobody gets spotted and it is very unrealistic.  Some people just keep respawning and continually try to run on flanks even though they die 50 million times. 

Fact- not everybody plays this game in squads and  uses a microphone. As a result, the game is unplayable because you have people everywhere all around you and you die constantly. Which is why all the  casual gamers left. 

Fact- not everybody enjoys playing Hardcore all the time  which is essentially with all these changes did to the game and why so many players left. What happened to the classic battlefield gameplay? And why not allow people to play hardcore   Changes by giving them preference. Classic battlefield gameplay is completely gone. 

Fact-  highest rate of fire weapons were winning at just about every range. 

Fact- mmgs bibod meta,  is ridiculous. Who wants to play a game where you can only shoot when you lay down and people can be right in your face and your bullet spray all around them if you try to hip fire. You're lucky to kill one person before you get shot in the face by all the rifles in this game. Light machine guns used to be fun because they had a lot of bullets even though they lost  all the up close battles. It was fun to strategically place yourself and bipod. Now the gun can't even be used when moving from location to location. Support players are  playing battlefield one or four. 

Fact-  nobody's opinion here is going to represent the masses of everybody who plays the game. Which is why we should have a game which has versatility and allowing people to play the way they want the same way battlefield four had different servers to represent play styles. Listening to YouTubers who are obviously experts in the game and love to run around with assault rifles and kill 100 people does not represent how everybody plays the game. People don't want all of these game modes. They want classic battlefield.

fact-  The reason these changes are happening is because the majority of people have left the game and it's never been the same and they are trying to get the player base back, so although you might like the game the way it is, the game is nowhere near as popular as it once was. 

Fact- it's harder to Insta kill people when you actually have to be more accurate with your weapon. Assault rifle shouldn't be able to shoot across the map. And small sub machine guns gosh darn it, should only be effective at close range.  Thanks for all your hard work dice.
  • Blackidus
    328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here´s an idea, if you want to reduce the effective range of some weaponds. How about removing the 3x scopes for them?
  • Hairikko76
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    Here´s an idea, if you want to reduce the effective range of some weaponds. How about removing the 3x scopes for them?
    Actually that is something that i would like to see or atleast tested if we only had CTE. Removing scopes from all semi autos, assault rifles, lmg´s, mmg´s and removing all holo sights from smg´s. It would be interesting to see what happens.
  • mf_shro0m
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Salamander wrote: »
    @Dice, please stop trying to dumb weapons down. Bullets should be lethal if they connect. If you want to make automatic weapons harder to use and get kills with, increase the recoil and make burst fire a better tactic than holding down and spraying clips.

Also make accuracy harder when standing and easier when prone.

Aside from the bit in italics I agree with you but we really don’t need to encourage prone camping
  • mf_shro0m
    2291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hairikko76 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Actually that is something that i would like to see or atleast tested if we only had CTE. Removing scopes from all semi autos, assault rifles, lmg´s, mmg´s and removing all holo sights from smg´s. It would be interesting to see what happens.

Or at least make them a specification so players would have to forgo something useful to have one
  • NiklasG
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Dice and the BF community, 

I felt that before the 5.2 patch there was a good momentum in the development of this game, after all the initial trouble. new, really good maps, a positive feel, anticipation about Community games and the new maps.  But now I think we are moving backwards again. 

Here is some feedback from after a full weekend playing BF5 after the 5.2 path gone live:

-  The new spotting system is a terrible change to the game. There are now read markers everywhere. This kind of passive spotting system where enemies automatically have clear read indicator/dot above their heads, plainly visible from far away, lessens the tactical play and also the overall feel of the game. You see people way too clearly and it is now almost impossible to tactically use a stealthy play style.

- Using your ears and sight no longer is important in this game as you can now just look at the mini map. The new spotting makes an intelligent game play where you have to think and be tactical more brainless -  it is dumbing down the game in my opinion. And it makes it less interesting to play.

- After the spotting system update you can even see the directions that enemies are facing - why???.  This a big, big step backwards in my opinion.

- You can now spot people through smoke most of the time, sometime through walls etc. this is bad, really bad. this have to be fixed. Now. -          t trap mines are a really good change.

-  The new trap mines is a good change

-  The ping sound (when you get a kill) is good great.

- The reports after the game: Not one single time (and a have played a lot during the weekend) did I get the report after the match. Not on Monday either. The message was that the report could not be fetched.

- BUGS, for god sake fix the old BUGS.  Stuttering, for example, is still a problem in this game. This is a AAA game and it has been out for a full year. Fix the buggy parts of the game!!!! This is so much more important than any changes to the TTK.

- The TTK changes as such are incomprehensible to me. Why did you (Dice) do this change? It made the game worse, a lot worse. And some weapons useless. The TTK was not a problem to start with and nobody that I play with, or have talked to, asked for these changes. In fact, I thought the TTK was quite good for most weapons and over time it was possible to find hidden gems. Sure, some weapons needed small adjustments, but this??????

-  If these changes were made to make it easier for new players (that I have heard some community commentators talk about) I think Dice completely missed the target. In fact, I find it more difficult to play the game now than before, since you are visible all the time and everywhere. Especially on the narrow maps or game plays. 

Regards,
  • GrizzGolf
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "EA DICE is aware that the community is upset with #BattlefieldV's TTK changes in 5.2 and they're looking at ways to address it. "Plan is 100% to come back to everyone this week", says Freeman. Hopefully before Friday."

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e87sja/dont_relate_drunkkz3_to_52_ttk/faa1o2z/?context=3
    Wonder what the fix will be?