Complete Revert of 5.2 isn't happening. Thanks DICE for seeing Reason.

ProAssassin2003
3720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2019
From Official Twitter. DICE you're doing the right thing. Looks like they read through all the BS on Reddit.

UPDATED: According to Jeff Braddock, the dev team currently has no plans to fully revert #BattlefieldV 5.2 TTK but rather to make tweaks / adjustments.
Post edited by ProAssassin2003 on

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    The new TTK feel fine for the most part, but definitely need some tweak to make gun like the FG42 more viable.

Although the new damage model at range make some guns Assignments with "XX kills over XX meters", especially SMG, feel like a pain to finish.

Look. I've been defending the changes big time but I'm not blind. It's not perfect. Adjustments and Tweaks is all it needs not a complete delete that would be absurd.

I bet they will tweak Damage drop off slightly and certain guns heavily effected. And probably fix the spotting through smoke and buildings.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is definitely the only proper decision. Things require some adjustments not pandering to all whiners.
  • MusicienElegant
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But Westie said the entire community doesn't want the changes. The 1 percent of the player base that is on the echo chamber known as Reddit are outraged and speak for everyone I thought.

Yeah, I agree. And it's certainly disappointing to hear that they won't fully revert. Depends on how they balance it, but I'm not motivated to pick it back up.
  • MusicienElegant
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    (Quote)
    this ^^^

they already adjusted the TTK or TTD or whatever last year and gave in to player pressure and reverted the change. they will be a laughingstock if they revert it again for the second year in a row. have some balls and stick to your decisions!

Possibly, but it also takes some balls to admit to a mistake and fully undo their original decision. Especially since it will make the team look bad. But it will help me trust the team more. If they don't revert, well, it's their game. I'm tired of bs. I may or may not come back.
  • Terminator000001
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But Westie said the entire community doesn't want the changes. The 1 percent of the player base that is on the echo chamber known as Reddit are outraged and speak for everyone I thought.

Can't remember that some clickbait youtuber is speaking for me.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Woosty will say anything if it brings sweet sweet youtube money. Those people will sell their souls for profits if they get a chance. Unless it's been sold already.
  • Terminator000001
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cptgaben wrote: »

And the few ones (you 5 above) thats defending DICE for whatever reason (prob money) never has any real arguments to why, just clichés "keep up the good work" "doing the right thing" etc.

Can't also remember that you're speaking for me for saying that I like the TTK changes as a whole and praise Dice for everything they do. 🦆

I like it in general, but there're clearly some weapons that need adjustments.
  • Celsi_GER
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They may call it "adjustments" or find some others nice words for it. But they lost over 80% of their playerbase, and they will do what is necessary to get them back. Because the BF line is dead without the playerbase.
    Opening naive wishful-thinking threads like this one will prevent this as much as the former naive "Now we have 5.2 and it will never change back again" threads.