Complete Revert of 5.2 isn't happening. Thanks DICE for seeing Reason.

Comments

• DogRoyal
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Even though I didnt think TTK change was nessecary I like the direction they are heading with this change. It needs tweaks and adjustments here and there to make more guns viable but overall I welcome the change. I think it makes more fun and interesting gunfights. In any case I dont think the change is that big of a deal actually and its not like it is turning the game upside down. Some people just need to adjust a bit here and there. 

I have watched a bunch of the youtube videos from the usual guys and they are dropping people left, right and centre as usual and looking at one of their videos from before and compare to after the TTK change seems minimal.

• Tullzter
    1261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I found the 5.2 unecessary and uncalled for, it's not life changing but can definitely feel a change in the gun play, it will take some time to adjust to
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cptgaben said:
    You shouldnt have to "adapt" for a game thats supposed to be for fun and thats been out for over a year now...
    That's exactly what happened during BF1 days and TTK 2.0. "Adapt or stay upset" that's as much as you get.
    Deal with it.
  • Terminator000001
    863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cptgaben wrote: »
    Since you like it you end up in the "I like 5.2" box anyway

And saying that just some weapons needs adjustments?

They failed miserably with their goal of making more weapons viable, play a few rounds, Type 100, STG, maybe some Madsen and sniper rifles is what you are going to see most of the time, also AGm 42.

All other weapons just isnt usable with this update, why not remove MMGs alltogether?

Sure some Will Always camp, and Always have, its easy axe kills, but make a whole class borderline useless is not thinking.

Attrition is a joke now aswell, never needed a support for ammo anymore, 3D Spotting makes it more kid friendly i suppose, dumbs down the whole experience.

MP40, EMP, G43 and KE7 works also great just from judging from my game Session from yesterday. And I'm speaking as someone who is punished with terrible internet with lots of packet loss, instant deaths and not getting registered shots.

That's the main reason why I like the new TTK. The other reason is that I find it stupid that people think it has something to do with skill to kill the enemy with 2-3 shots without even having the chance to react to that.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cptgaben said:
    (Quote)
    That's exactly what happened during BF1 days and TTK 2.0. "Adapt or stay upset" that's as much as you get.
    Deal with it.

Thats not good enough, DICE needs to quit this awful behaviour having only holiday sales in mind, not **** on the players that have stuck with the game through all its problems.

But if you want to just roll over go ahead.
    I'm  playing this game since alpha so I've literally seen everything. Yet I don't mind the changes. Stop being full of elitism please.
  • GrizzGolf
    1335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    From Official Twitter. DICE you're doing the right thing. Looks like they read through all the BS on Reddit.

UPDATED: According to Jeff Braddock, the dev team currently has no plans to fully revert #BattlefieldV 5.2 TTK but rather to make tweaks / adjustments.
    Happy I think?
  • NuttysKunKs
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well I’m just not gonna play the stupid game anymore.

It’s clear they don’t give a rats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about you unless you give them money.

I mean you pay real money to change the characters appearance which you don’t see unless you’re dead.

Only way I’m
    Coming back is 200% damage model.

• llPhantom_Limbll
    Loqtrall said:
    Adapt or stay upset. That's as much as you get following the official response. 

Same should have been said to those who didn't like the gameplay before 5.2, honestly.

A fully transformative patch completely redeveloping how gunplay and some aspects of gameplay work in this game was not needed over 1 year into its lifespan.

You mention the TTK change in BF1, but neglect to point out it wasn't well received either and lost that game plenty of players and wasn't even remotely as severe as the changes we saw in this 5.2 patch, which essentially redesigned how gunplay worked, not just adjusted ttk numbers and rbd.
    I don't mind both pre 5.2 and 5.2 ttk at all. And I feel after all the adjustments it will be better for everyone.
    But the same time I'm laughing at those people who welcomed ttk 2.0 for bf1 yet currently in tears after 5.2. As one character from different video game said "you got what you deserved, you damn clerics!"
    Dice will do some tweaking and we will see how it goes.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It needs tweaking but from my point of view its not been a terrible change.  Now that could be the fact that my play style and usual gun choices, and combo of the two, have meant that i haven't been overly effected by the obvious silly nerfs to certain guns. I mean i watched a You-tuber live stream pre playing the new patch and it did look horrendous, yet once i got into some matches i didnt feel that much difference with the guns ive used really. Yes slightly lower TTK at mid range and less 'OHK' by super bullets at range (still happens though) and you can still melt at close ranges by guns that should.  But i dont use semi autos and rarely the thomson/suomi and some of the other weapons that do seem to be adversely effected by the changes.  

I dont really agree with their philosophy of trying to make each class have guns for short/medium/long ranges as i dont think you can do that with guns such as SMGs or MMGs.  If you you want to make each class have different weapons for different ranges/ play styles then just spread some of the weapons around the classes.
  • NuttysKunKs
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that 5.2 is great, but the previous gun play had undeniable problems that were never going to be solved by players adapting or getting good. Fast TTK in large maps is a recipe for static play, especially combined with the K/D obsession so many player now have. Too many players were no longer contributing anything to the game because they were either camping in pointless spots looking for easy kills or too scared to move.

5.2 definitely needs tweaks and the bugs that have appeared alongside it need fixed, but keeping the old gun play until the end of life of this game doesn't seem realistic to me. DICE need to dramatically improve this game before they try and sell the next one.

Doesn’t stop all those semi auto snipers 2 shot killing you from 300m away
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    I'm not convinced that 5.2 is great, but the previous gun play had undeniable problems that were never going to be solved by players adapting or getting good. Fast TTK in large maps is a recipe for static play, especially combined with the K/D obsession so many player now have. Too many players were no longer contributing anything to the game because they were either camping in pointless spots looking for easy kills or too scared to move.

5.2 definitely needs tweaks and the bugs that have appeared alongside it need fixed, but keeping the old gun play until the end of life of this game doesn't seem realistic to me. DICE need to dramatically improve this game before they try and sell the next one.

Doesn’t stop all those semi auto snipers 2 shot killing you from 300m away

They don't? Their spread makes them miss at 150m or so. Unless you go for the wrong spec tree. This also holds true for SLRs, again unless you spec wrong, where it will be 200m or so I suppose.