Complete Revert of 5.2 isn't happening. Thanks DICE for seeing Reason.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    first of all they need to adjust the mag capacities and the assignments to fit the new TTK.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    first of all they need to adjust the mag capacities and the assignments to fit the new TTK.

The first they can't. The second they won't.
  • Hawxxeye
    7065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    Hawxxeye said:

The first they can't. The second they won't.
    "Can't" and"Do not want" are 2 different things.

• misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not that my opinion matters but after playing some more last night I'm not minding the changes. I do have more time to react and that's good but I'm still dying as often as before Lol! I've been playing somewhat regularly since the Pacific maps dropped. Hadn't played before that in months. 
     And even with the spotting changes I still struggle with visibility in this game. It's like the player models have been reduced to smaller sizes at longer distances from prior games which isn't good for me as I like to engage at longer distances cause I'm older and reflexes aren't even close to what they once were. With that said I'm not a fan of how spotting is working now. I ran medic for awhile last night and I'm sure I was spotted through smoke and behind cover more than a few times.

• Lotusninja_Akira
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gunplay was setting this game apart for good from past titles where recoil is minimal and easy to control. On top of that if you could managed said recoil, you could quickly takeout a target before TTK 5.2 which felt rewarding. Now gunplay is target tracking exercise which doesn't require as much skill than recoil control and target tracking requiring gunplay before. One dimension got put down on a grassroot level and I have seen it to be called skillful. Well, it's easier to adapt to easier gameplay than vice versa ;)
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to just stick with the plan and make all guns viable for certain situations/playstyles. Hopefully some of those small magazine guns get some love.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e8iiq2/this_week_in_battlefield_v_december_9_community/facd0xg/

looks like it's going over well, welp, i'm done with ea/dice , never again 
  • Hawxxeye
    edited December 2019
    wasp9166 said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e8iiq2/this_week_in_battlefield_v_december_9_community/facd0xg/

Damn that reminded me what a cesspool of karma farming reddit is. Yuck.
    Both the people who dislike and like the 5.2 changes have something to say, burring opposing opinions is so uncivilized
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Good. Keep up the good work DICE. Do what’s right for the game. Players will adjust.

Why couldn’t players just seemingly adjust to the old method?
    Sorry but you can't adjust to feeling like every death is instadeath. I have played every BF game back to BC2 and I have never been melted in what feels like an instant in any BF game until BFV. Makes for a very frustrating game. Maybe DICE feels this is the reason player retention is so bad because the game for some, me included, feel the game is too punishing almost like you're playing Hardcore mode and they have no idea why being people are being instakilled and this is the only adjustment they can make? After the 5.2 patch I feel like I have time to react and get to cover. I don't expect to get shot turn around and kill my enemy but I would like the chance to survive by possibly getting behind cover. I couldn't do that pre patch. If I got hit with one bullet I might as well just stand there and do nothing because no matter what I did I was going to die anyway. This is on any server with  33ms ping or less so it's not a connection issue on my end and like I said before it's never felt like this in any other BF game.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    wasp9166 said:

Damn that reminded me what a cesspool of karma farming reddit is. Yuck.

Yeah, the hyping and karma farming is just terrible, no chance for an actual discussion or objective views, comments not matching the hype will get downvoted to invisible before someone even can read it.

Content creators know this and just add extra fire to get views and interaction (and with that money) on their channel.

It really surprises me, Dice and EA have not yet removed some of them from their "gamechangers" program and still use some of them to share information or promote certain things.

I am just glad they use different information and stats for game development and changes and not that trash.
  • Celsi_GER
    526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Adapt or stay upset. That's as much as you get following the official response. 

There is a third option: Leave and never purchase a product in the Battlefield line again. I personally feel much better and not very upset with this option, it works great for me.

Yes, I am still here I know. It's like watching the scene after a heavy traffic accident: I know it would be decent and the right thing not to gawk at the catastrophy and go away, but somehow I cannot turn my eyes away.
  • wasp9166
    311 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Celsi_GER said:

There is a third option: Leave and never purchase a product in the Battlefield line again. I personally feel much better and not very upset with this option, it works great for me.

Yes, I am still here I know. It's like watching the scene after a heavy traffic accident: I know it would be decent and the right thing not to gawk at the catastrophy and go away, but somehow I cannot turn my eyes away.

brilliant!
  • spartanx169x
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How many weapons does a player need to have fun? Really.  How many?   I find one or two in  each  and I'm good.  So really how many is enough? 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

See ya in 2021, friend!
  • Godmodegta
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they can fix damage and balance rest of gun we're they are reliable, I would be pretty happy.
  • SirBobdk
    5060 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Celsi_GER said:
    There is a third option: Leave and never purchase a product in the Battlefield line again. 

This choice was already made by a large part of the player base within the first few months of BFV :D 
    Those who leave BF due to 5.2 will make up a very small proportion of those who have already left the game.
  • spartanx169x
    873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Good. Keep up the good work DICE. Do what’s right for the game. Players will adjust.

Why couldn’t players just seemingly adjust to the old method?
    Sorry but you can't adjust to feeling like every death is instadeath. I have played every BF game back to BC2 and I have never been melted in what feels like an instant in any BF game until BFV. Makes for a very frustrating game. Maybe DICE feels this is the reason player retention is so bad because the game for some, me included, feel the game is too punishing almost like you're playing Hardcore mode and they have no idea why being people are being instakilled and this is the only adjustment they can make? After the 5.2 patch I feel like I have time to react and get to cover. I don't expect to get shot turn around and kill my enemy but I would like the chance to survive by possibly getting behind cover. I couldn't do that pre patch. If I got hit with one bullet I might as well just stand there and do nothing because no matter what I did I was going to die anyway. This is on any server with  33ms ping or less so it's not a connection issue on my end and like I said before it's never felt like this in any other BF game.
    This ^ is one of  best explanations of I think lots of people experience in the game including mine and my friends.  
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many weapons does a player need to have fun? Really.  How many?   I find one or two in  each  and I'm good.  So really how many is enough? 

That is assuming each player analyses his play and sticks with the optimal gun for his playstyle and is also not interested in playing anything else. This however is not the case. Noone in this game is educated enough to do this, thanks to DICE, and while many players simply stick to a gun they feel comfortable with, many others have different motivations.
    Many players play weapons for iconicness, hence the STG44 was overused although it was the worst weapon in the Assault class. Many players like the Sniper playstyle, hence they played the BAs, although BACs are universally better and the SLRs were way more easier to use for the average player.
    Many players want to play new weapons and try out new content, or follow other random goals and motivations, like doing assignments, golden every weapon, or other personal challenges. I, myself play every weapon to the mastery dogtag, so even though I know my way around my playstyle and the game stats, I am not playing optimally, nor do I want or need to.
    However this update makes all of that so much harder it is close to unbearable, while the sole purpose was to encourage the use of a wider weapon variety. Which can be done in a thousand ways and nothing has to do with changing TTK and make whole classes unviable.